videojuegos

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
F.J. Prefect, Esq

Re: videojuegos

#101 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

Losonti Tokash wrote:Face the Kinect toward the tv.
The problem isn't so much that it can't be defeated, but that a company has decided that it can invade your privacy in that way at all.

xon

#102 Post by xon »

evilsoup wrote:they're right to live in fear, since piracy is a massive threat to their business model - it has already destroyed a lot of the big record labels. This kind of draconian idiocy isn't the right reaction, of course.
Market consolidation and massive shift away from albums to singles via electronic sale as the perfered means of consuming music have reduced the number of players and dramatically undercut thier margins.

Digital Piracy, never actually been a massive source of loses for the music industry but rather represented a lose of control in that digial distribution allows the massive middleman of the record companies to be cut out and allows a framework which basicly costs nothing to exist which let consumers communicate directly with content producers.

Note; Having fans being able to talk directly to developers or writers or whatever can be toxic if they don't learn to say "No" to them.
F.J. Prefect, Esq wrote:
Losonti Tokash wrote:Face the Kinect toward the tv.
The problem isn't so much that it can't be defeated, but that a company has decided that it can invade your privacy in that way at all.
Very much this.

Then there will legislate that attempts to defeat to headcounting to be illegal. It's already been made illegal to bypassing copyright prevention methods in a frightningly large number of counties around the world. I fully expect if copyright punishments keep getting stronger, that we can expect to see thousands to hundreds of thousands of dollar fines for showing some movie to a family grouping.

evilsoup

#103 Post by evilsoup »

if they try to implement this patent (and they probably won't because it's a terrible idea), I can see it causing enough backlash to either kill the xbox one entirely, or force Microsoft to backtrack. This is something that would affect actual people rather than just gamers.

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#104 Post by Darksi4190 »

Quite frankly I think you're over-estimating the average consumer a bit. Every time things get worse with regards to ownership rights of media and entertainment, gamers and tech geeks gripe and bitch about it, but Joe Consumer just bends over and spreads his ass-cheeks for the corporations.

evilsoup

#105 Post by evilsoup »

People don't care about intangible, unenforceable laws, and they don't care about pirates getting fined for downloading twenty years' worth of television. A camera in your living room watching you and demanding payment if there are too many people in the room is something that will actually affect people in a meaningful way.

Oxymoron

#106 Post by Oxymoron »

Looks like this could interest some people here :

link
No.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#107 Post by RyanThunder »

"revolutionary fighter craft"

Does it do barrel rolls?

Veef

#108 Post by Veef »

Aileron roll :colbert:

Civil War Man

#109 Post by Civil War Man »

So I've been playing Saints Rows 2 and 3, because I'm like Oxy and only buy games when they've been out for a million years and cost about $2.

So far my favorite spontaneous moment in the game: I had just finished a mission, and was out looking for a car to go someplace else. I ran out into the street, and a tow truck did a hard brake to keep from running me over, causing the car right behind it to rear-end it. The driver of the car got out, presumably to start a fight with the tow truck driver or something, so I jacked the tow truck, hooked up the other car, and drove off with both of them.

The tow truck handled like ass with a car in the back, though, so I ended up crashing them into a cemetery and blowing them up with a satchel charge.

Good times.

Oxymoron

#110 Post by Oxymoron »

Civil War man wrote:because I'm like Oxy and only buy games when they've been out for a million years and cost about $2.
For my defence, it's because I know there's more than 50% chance I'll never play them anyway, so this reduce the amount of culpability I feel from irresponsible spending. :v

Remind me I still have to get farther than the first non-story missions in SR3. :fukyu:
No.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#111 Post by RyanThunder »

That was a fun game.

Oxymoron

#112 Post by Oxymoron »

By the way, I don't know if it was a bug, but using the tank I got in my garage at gamestart (DLC content), I felt invincible, as even several army tanks and helicopters pursuing me couldn't hold me down.

On the other hand as soon as I stepped down from the tank and ran for another vehicle, I got my ass handed to me in a few seconds by the combined firepower of several APCs.

I suspect either a bug or a severe game-breaking DLC.
No.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#113 Post by RyanThunder »

Game-breaking DLC.

Also, the tanks can't aim for shit.

Oxymoron

#114 Post by Oxymoron »

What a shame.
No.

Civil War Man

#115 Post by Civil War Man »

Funny enough, sometimes the difficulty for the diversions is a little weird. I found Easy difficulty Mayhem to actually be harder than Hard difficulty because Easy didn't allow me to use the RPG launcher. I just had to keep spamming grenades, when 10 seconds of spamming RPGs is a lot more efficient at running up the police and gang notoriety to make them send a constant stream of expensive cars and helicopters at me.

evilsoup

#116 Post by evilsoup »

haven't player SR3, but 2 was the shit
also (spoilers lol)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UVpQ3DFhXUg

Civil War Man

#117 Post by Civil War Man »

SR3 is a lot like SR2, only with more polygons and the wackiness turned up to 11. It makes it a lot easier to hijack an A-10, do a few strafing runs on a suburb, then ditch it in downtown and parachute to safety while it explodes in an intersection, all while dressed in one of those furry animal mascot costumes.

The bonus of SR3 is that then you can bombard what's left over with Hellfire missiles fired from Predator drones, before going on a diversion where you speed around in a sports car with a tiger in the passenger's seat.

Manus Dei

#118 Post by Manus Dei »

A person in a tiger costume or, like, an actual tiger?

This is crucial.
Ralin wrote:Finally I realized that when Walker fights the Satanic ponies I need to mention how his 'lower horn' is glowing and sparkling as it draws in and focuses Equestria's ambient magic.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#119 Post by RyanThunder »

No, it's an actual tiger.

Manus Dei

#120 Post by Manus Dei »

excellent
Ralin wrote:Finally I realized that when Walker fights the Satanic ponies I need to mention how his 'lower horn' is glowing and sparkling as it draws in and focuses Equestria's ambient magic.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#121 Post by RyanThunder »

It hits you if you aren't going fast enough, IIRC.

Manus Dei

#122 Post by Manus Dei »

well yeah it's a tiger

Civil War Man

#123 Post by Civil War Man »

It also sometimes hits you when you are going fast enough, because it's still a tiger.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=j2kB2T_xkOc

evilsoup

#124 Post by evilsoup »

OK, you've convinced me to get SR3 when I'm in town tomorrow

Manus Dei

#125 Post by Manus Dei »

"go fast to keep this dickhead tiger happy and master your fear"

i get the feeling that if yoda had included this in luke's training then empire strikes back would have been even better