videojuegos

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Losonti Tokash

Re: videojuegos

#26 Post by Losonti Tokash »

Yeah, but...that's totally deliberate. The whole quest chain is a huge joke at their own expense, even making fun of the Conrad import bug in ME2.

Stofsk

#27 Post by Stofsk »

Goddamn Cryptic's prepatching shit is a fucking fiasco. If it's not my launcher spontaneously deciding to crash whilst in the middle of prepatching it's deciding to freeze instead.

All of this could have been averted if Cryptic ditched its shitty and buggy launcher in favour of a torrent distribution of patch files.

Flagg

#28 Post by Flagg »

Stofsk wrote:Goddamn Cryptic's prepatching shit is a fucking fiasco. If it's not my launcher spontaneously deciding to crash whilst in the middle of prepatching it's deciding to freeze instead.

All of this could have been averted if Cryptic ditched its shitty and buggy launcher in favour of a torrent distribution of patch files.
No shit. But these are the same fuckwits who host all of their mmos on the same server architecture.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

RogueIce
#YOLO

#29 Post by RogueIce »

Stofsk wrote:Goddamn Cryptic's prepatching shit is a fucking fiasco. If it's not my launcher spontaneously deciding to crash whilst in the middle of prepatching it's deciding to freeze instead.

But torrents are evil :yarr:

Okay okay, they're not. But I haven't had any problems with it. *shrug*

Maybe it's the Aussie curse? :australia:

Stofsk

#30 Post by Stofsk »

So I went onto the tribble test server, but haven't looked at the new content for KDF or Roms, just did the Fed tutorial again.

Is it my imagination or does STO look really fucking good with Legacy of Romulus? They must have tweaked the graphics settings. For whatever reason, I was just wowed by it.

Losonti Tokash

#31 Post by Losonti Tokash »

I installed it last night, probably won't get to play until Tuesday, though. What server do you guys play on ?

RogueIce
#YOLO

#32 Post by RogueIce »

Stofsk wrote:So I went onto the tribble test server, but haven't looked at the new content for KDF or Roms, just did the Fed tutorial again.

Is it my imagination or does STO look really fucking good with Legacy of Romulus? They must have tweaked the graphics settings. For whatever reason, I was just wowed by it.
Yep, they redid some textures and stuff is what I heard. Don't know what else, but it does look prettier.
Losonti Tokash wrote:I installed it last night, probably won't get to play until Tuesday, though. What server do you guys play on ?
There's only one server, so no worries there. And no big rush, since the expansion launches Tuesday anyway, so good luck getting on then. :v

Stofsk

#33 Post by Stofsk »

Technically there's two, tribble is the second.

Losonti Tokash

#34 Post by Losonti Tokash »

Well shit, they'd told me it was already live.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#35 Post by RogueIce »

Stofsk wrote:Technically there's two, tribble is the second.
Three whenever they bring out Redshirt. :v

But Tribble and Redshirt are Test Servers so I don't count those as such. There's only the one "Live" server to play on.
Losonti Tokash wrote:Well shit, they'd told me it was already live.
It's on the Test Server, but not the Live Server/general release. So they may have been speaking less than clearly.

Veef

#36 Post by Veef »

evilsoup

#37 Post by evilsoup »

???

Veef

#38 Post by Veef »

Xbox bounce

RogueIce
#YOLO

#39 Post by RogueIce »

Argh, I was at like 87% of the patch before STO's patching server crashed on me. Granted it's launch day and I shouldn't be terribly surprised, but I thought I was doing so well. :(

I'm trying again, seems I have like 590MB left. Not too bad. About halfway through that...

evilsoup

#40 Post by evilsoup »

is the xbox release not going well, or something? Or is it some kind of anticipation for the playstation 4 triggered by the xbox 720?

Flagg

#41 Post by Flagg »

evilsoup wrote:is the xbox release not going well, or something? Or is it some kind of anticipation for the playstation 4 triggered by the xbox 720?
It went fine. I mean they actually showed off their console so...
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

evilsoup

#42 Post by evilsoup »

OK
I'm just wondering why that'd give Sony a bounce

RogueIce
#YOLO

#43 Post by RogueIce »

It's Xbox One get it right, evilsoup. :colbert:

evilsoup

#44 Post by evilsoup »

really? That's a terrible name
should have caused it Xbox X
(the extra X stands for X-treme power)

joviwan

#45 Post by joviwan »

It's called the Xbox One, now ( Maybe it means "how many devices do you need plugged into your TV?"), and it's pretty funny to compare the two consoles.

Both:
8-core CPU
fancy pants GPU, either on-chip or otherwise efficiently attached. No actual specs from MS yet on theirs.
Combo bluray/dvd drive
a bunch of social/cloud integration
8 gigs RAM (PS4 has DDR5, One has DDR3)

Xbox appears to have some more forward thinking built in, though. They have integrated cable-box passthrough, support for 4k output, three 802.11n's, massively upgunned Kinnect support and resolution, three OS's designed to multitask the hell out of everything, etc. Blahblahblah, they want it to multi every single media.

No release date beyond "later this year." The console is made entirely out of right angles.

Funny part*10^3: The CPU/GPU for both consoles involve heavily engineered tech from AMD. I don't know if nVidia didn't even try, or whatever, but I'm deeply amused that AMD is basically manufacturing all the guns used in the next gen war)

RogueIce
#YOLO

#46 Post by RogueIce »

I'm waiting for the Photoshopped "An Xbox of One" pics myself.

evilsoup

#47 Post by evilsoup »

multi every single media is what they should be aiming for
I basically use my PS3 as a Lovefilm box / DLNA client
I can't remember the last video game I played, lol

joviwan

#48 Post by joviwan »

evilsoup wrote:multi every single media is what they should be aiming for
I basically use my PS3 as a Lovefilm box / DLNA client
I can't remember the last video game I played, lol
The things I'm reading online say that they are seriously trying to push the multi every single media, so it's looking good for them, at least.

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#49 Post by Darksi4190 »

Was anything revealed about pricing? I've heard it's gonna cost more than 600$. If so that knocks it out of my price range until after I finish school.

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#50 Post by Darksi4190 »

that's it. They did it. They went and fucking did it. Everybody said that they wouldn't be stupid enough to do it after Sony said they wouldn't but they went and did it anyways.