videojuegos

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Oxymoron

Re: videojuegos

#1426 Post by Oxymoron »

Preordered the collector edition of Fo4 at my local gamestop.

I hope I'll be able to register the game on steam afterward, it isn't mandatory already. Getting DLCs and keeping the game updated might be a pain otherwise.
No.

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#1427 Post by Darksi4190 »

joviwan wrote:Like all three of Battlefront's presentations explicitly stated--multiple times--that there was going to be a single-player experience.
Ah yes. The "Missions" feature, which people are saying will be 3-4 hours worth of content at the most.

For someone who spent countless hours playing Galactic Conquest, Campaign, and Instant action in BF2, it's very disappointing.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1428 Post by RogueIce »

joviwan wrote:ugh, FF7 remake. What a waste of time.
:argh:

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1429 Post by RogueIce »

Darksi4190 wrote:
joviwan wrote:Like all three of Battlefront's presentations explicitly stated--multiple times--that there was going to be a single-player experience.
Ah yes. The "Missions" feature, which people are saying will be 3-4 hours worth of content at the most.

For someone who spent countless hours playing Galactic Conquest, Campaign, and Instant action in BF2, it's very disappointing.
Multiplayer is terrible anyway because people.

Like seriously I hated doing any FPS on multi and if it didn't have a single-player campaign I was like "lol nope" though I guess this has some kind of co-op so maybe, we'll see.

joviwan

#1430 Post by joviwan »

Which nebulous "people" are you referring to? How do you "know" it will be 3-4 hours worth of content? How do you "know" it wont be repeatable?

Stofsk

#1431 Post by Stofsk »

PUGs are highly variable but when I think of multiplayer I first think 'Gosh that looks like fun to play with my friends.'

Darksi4190

#1432 Post by Darksi4190 »

joviwan wrote:Which nebulous "people" are you referring to? How do you "know" it will be 3-4 hours worth of content? How do you "know" it wont be repeatable?
It's what all the rumors are saying, and rumors are all I have to go on since DICE has said nothing about the single player content save that it exists, will be called "missions," and "you'll be happy with it."

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1433 Post by RogueIce »

joviwan wrote:Which nebulous "people" are you referring to?
I'm snipping because I didn't mentioned the 3-4 hours content bit.

Anyway by "people" I mean the typical CoD fratboy or the usual trash talkers who enjoy pwning newbs and all that crap. I hate them and it makes my gaming less fun when I have to listen to them, or turn off the sound to avoid them.

But mostly it's that I suck at playing against actual people, as opposed to AIs, and dying every 30 seconds after I spawn isn't a lot of fun. :(
Stofsk wrote:PUGs are highly variable but when I think of multiplayer I first think 'Gosh that looks like fun to play with my friends.'
I much prefer coop over competitive multiplayer, essentially. Because I suck at the latter. Terribly.

joviwan

#1434 Post by joviwan »

Oh, sorry rogue, i wasn't referring to you

I have no umbrage with people who hate multi. People suck.

Stofsk

#1435 Post by Stofsk »

I find MP hate to be silly. It's not my first preference and I do prefer gaming alone for the most part, but I won't kick a game out of bed because it has multi.

joviwan

#1436 Post by joviwan »

I don't hate multiplayer, myself, and for many games it's a primary draw. I just also don't mind when people are put off by it, because I do kind of get it.

Darksi4190

#1437 Post by Darksi4190 »

Don't get me wrong. I love Multi, when I have a reliable staple of friends to play with. I put plenty of hours into Halo: Reach, Halo 4, Counter-Strike, etc.

The issue with the new Battlefront is that i've never been able to build that kind of player group with a Dice game before. All of my IRL friends stopped playing Battlefield at 2142, and none of my online friends play it either. with Battlefield 3 and 4, I played the 3-4 hours of singleplayer stuff, did maybe 3-4 hours of multi, then used them as coasters and paperweights. I see no indication that things will be any different with Battlefront. If i'm not going to get my money's worth out of a game i'm not going to buy it. Maybe if SB or SV throws together a squad or clan for it i'll reconsider.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1438 Post by RogueIce »

Stofsk wrote:I find MP hate to be silly. It's not my first preference and I do prefer gaming alone for the most part, but I won't kick a game out of bed because it has multi.
Because it has multi or because it's primarily multi? To me that's a key difference.

I mean, I'll play Halo and certain CoDs if I find their SP content good enough. Heck I even enjoy Rainbow Six Vegas 2. But take a game like APB: Reloaded which is essentially MMOFPS and pretty much the only thing to do ever is PvP and yeah...I lost interest in that one quick.

So maybe I should refine my position to be less about SP vs MP, and say I prefer PvE over (primarily) PvP, even in a non-MMO context (MP with allies vs AI opponents in a strategy game, for example). Even if I have an alleged "team" and it's not just a massive FFA.

joviwan

#1439 Post by joviwan »

To be fair re: APB: Reloaded: that game is fucking awful, completely independent of what kind of game it was. Like, there are plenty of good PvP multi-games

APB was not one of them

Bounty

#1440 Post by Bounty »

I replayed Alpha Protocol. Yes, it's buggy. Yes, the AI is I'M A JUGGALO WOOP WOOP. Yes, the controls are clunky. But I really, really wish someone would take the concept of a dynamic storyline and run with it. I think I saw less than 50% of the story from my original run and there were whole subplots I missed the first time around because I played like a fucktard.

Also, game design tip: if you have a game that allows you to play the whole thing stealthily, and which makes a stealth build 100% viable, don't make the finale a shoot-'em-up. I only got through the last few checkpoints by first exploiting bugs (lol chopper won't move when I'm behind this rock) and then just waiting behind a corner while my I-win-button bullet time skill reloaded.
People in glass trousers shouldn't shit bricks.

Bounty

#1441 Post by Bounty »

+1 for the autocomplete being even better in context

Crazedwraith

#1442 Post by Crazedwraith »

I've forgotten what that replacement filters on. Was it retard? I'M A JUGGALO WOOP WOOP or something? Oh yay for the thought police.
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

Bounty

#1443 Post by Bounty »

You know you're getting old when you don't remember the injokes of the board you were a member on on day one.

Or when you're a member of a board. What's the cool thing these days? Voat?

Stofsk

#1444 Post by Stofsk »

Bounty wrote:What's the cool thing these days? Voat?
Meth

It used to be cigarettes

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1445 Post by RogueIce »

I'm playing SWTOR again. And even paid for a subscription.

What is wrong with me? *smirk*

Darksi4190

#1446 Post by Darksi4190 »

I know rite?

Stofsk

#1447 Post by Stofsk »

I've come around on subs for MMOs. Especially after freemium has become the standard. I'd rather just pay for a month and then move on to another game.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1448 Post by RogueIce »

Stofsk wrote:I've come around on subs for MMOs. Especially after freemium has become the standard. I'd rather just pay for a month and then move on to another game.
I wish there were more options for LTS, TBH. Mainly because I feel like if I miss a few days playing I wasted money, which is annoying.

But then the specific thing about TOR is that I mostly started (re)playing for the story. Mechanically I just don't find it all that fun. But some of the class stories are enjoyable.

I guess there are probably cutscene videos aplenty on YouTube, but there's no guarantee any particular video will pick the dialogue choices I want to see, so I really do have to play it myself. Alas.

Big Orangutan
Hipster

#1449 Post by Big Orangutan »

joviwan wrote:I don't hate multiplayer, myself, and for many games it's a primary draw. I just also don't mind when people are put off by it, because I do kind of get it.
I find GTA Online a little hard and slow to get into, and online multiplayer hasn't developed the reputation of experienced multiplayers freezing out newbies for nothing.
*Insert Pretentious Quote Here*

joviwan

#1450 Post by joviwan »

TOR's current subscription perks are really great if you want to run through a Bioware story. And TOR does offer something that basically no other game does right now: A co-op RPG.

Playing with your friends spontaneously is fucking hell, and as an MMO, TOR fails hard here. But syncing up with one friend regularly works pretty close to brilliantly.