Testing Chat V: The Final Mysterious Island: Miami Beach

The troll forum, with 50% more bowel movements.
The Spartan

Re: Testing Chat V: The Final Mysterious Island: Miami Beach

#51 Post by The Spartan »

Dude, I hate to say it, because it was a great little slice of my childhood, but the series needs to stay dead. No new sequel, no reboot.

(Which may not be all the rage anymore. They might be on their last legs. Then again...)

Stofsk

#52 Post by Stofsk »

Frankly, I'm surprised nobody has thought about doing a Police Academy Reboot.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#53 Post by RogueIce »

Stofsk wrote:Frankly, I'm surprised nobody has thought about doing a Police Academy Reboot.
They did, or rather it was Steve Guttenberg talking about the idea. I don't know if it had any real studio interest behind it or if he was just speculating on things, though.
The Spartan wrote:Dude, I hate to say it, because it was a great little slice of my childhood, but the series needs to stay dead. No new sequel, no reboot.

(Which may not be all the rage anymore. They might be on their last legs. Then again...)
I wouldn't mind, but it'd have to be done right. It would also be rather different than the originals, which were in large part a bunch of gags connected together to varying degrees of success by some over-arching plot.

Bob the Gunslinger

#54 Post by Bob the Gunslinger »

No matter how hard they try, they just can't top the originals.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GP9k1pn9Mo0

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#55 Post by Phantasee »

I picked up a black jacket today and I look sexy as fuck in it. I've been looking for a rain jacket for a while now, problem solved.
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Shroom Man 777
The Mang, the Myth, the Legend.

#56 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

is facebook down rite now?

RogueIce
#YOLO

#57 Post by RogueIce »

So question. I saw some old live action Japanese movie with the usual rubber monster suits. In it they had a "Science Team" that wore these orange jump suits with a white center and brown ties, with white helmets. One of the guys apparently transformed into a giant metal superhero form to fight the monsters. It looked like it was a series, maybe on TV or movies, couldn't tell but they had multiple episodes and such. Anyone have any idea what this was called?

The Spartan

#58 Post by The Spartan »

RogueIce wrote:I wouldn't mind, but it'd have to be done right.
That's a magnificently huge 'if'.
It would also be rather different than the originals, which were in large part a bunch of gags connected together to varying degrees of success by some over-arching plot.
Which is probably why it would fail. Presuming they followed this it would crash and burn because while it would be called Police Academy it wouldn't be to the people that remember it and the people who are too young to have seen it wouldn't know why they "should" like it. It's the sort of thing you can get away with when you do something like Star Wars or Star Trek because of what massive cultural forces they are; Police Academy wasn't that huge.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#59 Post by Phantasee »

I've never seen it.
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Veef

#60 Post by Veef »

RogueIce wrote:So question. I saw some old live action Japanese movie with the usual rubber monster suits. In it they had a "Science Team" that wore these orange jump suits with a white center and brown ties, with white helmets. One of the guys apparently transformed into a giant metal superhero form to fight the monsters. It looked like it was a series, maybe on TV or movies, couldn't tell but they had multiple episodes and such. Anyone have any idea what this was called?
That's the original Ultraman.

The Spartan

#61 Post by The Spartan »

Phantasee wrote:I've never seen it.
Your skin should be flayed from your body with brands of fire.

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

Re: Testing Chat V: The Final Mysterious Island On Patrol

#62 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

RyanThunder wrote:Can anybody recommend me a dating site that isn't OKCupid? I feel like I'm wasting my time when girls who I matched 90+% with won't message me back.

Okay that's not strictly true. The ones that did message back were all one-word-answer type and either totally incapable of or unwilling to hold up their end of the conversation.
Look, not trying to be hurtful here, but if that's what's happening I don't think it's OKCupid that's the issue. If you want a better response rate, you're going to have to change something on your end.

I asked a friend to make sure I wasn't just going off my experience and her response was "when i send one word answers, it's because i'm A. offended B. grossed out C. confused as fuck D. misc. or E. all of the above."

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#63 Post by RyanThunder »

Oh no, not hurtful at all. The question is what would I change? I'm not even hitting on them, I'm just telling them stuff about myself and asking them about themselves. Not even deeply personal stuff. Just shooting the shit.

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#64 Post by adr »

idk anything about dating, it is something i've never done haha

but on random instant messages i often send one word msgs over and over to indicate:

a) i'm still here, keep talking (what you're saying may be very interesting but it is all new to me so i'm just kinda soaking it in, or i might be distracted and want it to keep coming and will respond in full later)

b) full agreement; i nothing to add

c) i disagree vehemently but don't feel like arguing it for whatever reason

d) or i'm not terribly interested in what you're saying right now and am actually hoping you'll change the subject soon and/or let me blab about something else (this might be that the topic is just something i don't care about, something i've just talked about too much recently, or i just might have something else on the brain right now that is occupying all my neurons)

basically "yeah" can mean just about anything lol.

BTW two things i dislike on im:

1) ppl getting impatient with responses. i'm usually doing something else too; i rarely devote my attention to an im session and might not even read all the messages for a few minutes

2) ppl who just never pause long enough for a response to be typed up. sometimes part of talking is shutting the fuck up you know

sooooooooo

yeah
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

Losonti Tokash

#65 Post by Losonti Tokash »

RyanThunder wrote:Oh no, not hurtful at all. The question is what would I change? I'm not even hitting on them, I'm just telling them stuff about myself and asking them about themselves. Not even deeply personal stuff. Just shooting the shit.
look online dating as a guy means you will get barely any responses at best

this is due to literally dozens or hundreds of creeps messaging every girl every day

don't write an essay for your message, mention some things in the girl's profile you liked, relate it to yourself, ask an easy question for them to respond to

and make sure your profile is interesting and inviting, don't post your political views or use a tone of superiority

Flagg

#66 Post by Flagg »

Just goto Christianmingle.com and find a dumb catholic in her thirties who's never ever going to file for divorce from you no matter what you do because CATHOLOCISM: WOW!
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#67 Post by RyanThunder »

Okay so its not unusual, then. Alright, guess I'll just keep trying.

And Flagg... Really? :picard:

Flagg

#68 Post by Flagg »

Well, they won't. Ever. Image
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Flagg

#69 Post by Flagg »

Since Ryan is too much of a wuss to do any type of research, I checked out christianmingle and it goes as far as making you tell them what church you attend. So that would be perfect for him.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#70 Post by adr »

i love scottish accents
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

uraniun235

#71 Post by uraniun235 »

Flagg wrote:Just goto Christianmingle.com and find a dumb catholic in her thirties who's never ever going to file for divorce from you no matter what you do because CATHOLOCISM: WOW!
i know like three divorced catholics

RogueIce
#YOLO

#72 Post by RogueIce »

Veef wrote:
RogueIce wrote:So question. I saw some old live action Japanese movie with the usual rubber monster suits. In it they had a "Science Team" that wore these orange jump suits with a white center and brown ties, with white helmets. One of the guys apparently transformed into a giant metal superhero form to fight the monsters. It looked like it was a series, maybe on TV or movies, couldn't tell but they had multiple episodes and such. Anyone have any idea what this was called?
That's the original Ultraman.
Oh, so apparently it was something well known. Well I feel silly now. I should've guessed they wouldn't play some random obscure Japanese series in a trendy looking sake bar.

Flagg

#73 Post by Flagg »

uraniun235 wrote:
Flagg wrote:Just goto Christianmingle.com and find a dumb catholic in her thirties who's never ever going to file for divorce from you no matter what you do because CATHOLOCISM: WOW!
i know like three divorced catholics
THEY GOTO HELLLLLLL!
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Agent Bert Macklin

#74 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Listen to Los's advice, Ryan. He helped me with my profile and after trying for a month sending messages to women who never returned them, a few did and now I've been in a relationship for a month. READ their profiles. Send a message related to what you liked there. A few sentences worked for me. Don't be perturbed when you don't get responses. Also, how many profiles have you read that mention not to solicit sex? That happens all the time and women become wary about who messages them.

xon

#75 Post by xon »

I know Kamakazie Sith is a very much police apologist who will excuse damn near anything if done by the blue wall, but wow.

Prevented from leaving a room in solidary confinement is totally the same as a line of less than a dozen protestors huddling heads bowed on a sidewalk blocking someone's path in a well light area. What the fuck.