Testing Chat V: The Final Mysterious Island: Miami Beach

The troll forum, with 50% more bowel movements.
Shroom Man 777
The Mang, the Myth, the Legend.

Re: Testing Chat V: The Final Mysterious Island: Miami Beach

#76 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Nerds has changed. It's no longer about Klingons, spaceships, or comics. It's an endless series of internet debates fought by trolls and shitposters. Nerds - and its consumption of life - has become a well-oiled machine. Nerds has changed. Fatties share shitty memes, recycle crappy catchphrases. Glycolipids inside their bodies enhance and regulate their nerdabilities. Comic book to movie adaptations. Novel to movie adaptations. Video games to movie adaptations. Neil Gaiman to movie adaptions. Everything is adapted to appease the fanboys. Nerds has changed. The age of indie geeks has become the age of adaptations... All in the name of profiting from fan hordes of mass consumption. And he who controls the adaptations... controls the fans. Nerds has changed. When the fan base is being totally pandered... Nerds becomes routine.

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#77 Post by adr »

so for my fanfiction I've been writing some timelines

I had always done timelines before based on big events and it was a few hundred years long

I just rewrote the same thing but from a personal perspective.... and now it is only like 40 years long, almost a 10x time compression

it is a lot harder to say "this took decades" when looking at it from just one person's life, that's just too much down time, five years is a long time in an individual life.
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

Oxymoron

#78 Post by Oxymoron »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Nerds has changed. It's no longer about Klingons, spaceships, or comics. It's an endless series of internet debates fought by trolls and shitposters. Nerds - and its consumption of life - has become a well-oiled machine. Nerds has changed. Fatties share shitty memes, recycle crappy catchphrases. Glycolipids inside their bodies enhance and regulate their nerdabilities. Comic book to movie adaptations. Novel to movie adaptations. Video games to movie adaptations. Neil Gaiman to movie adaptions. Everything is adapted to appease the fanboys. Nerds has changed. The age of indie geeks has become the age of adaptations... All in the name of profiting from fan hordes of mass consumption. And he who controls the adaptations... controls the fans. Nerds has changed. When the fan base is being totally pandered... Nerds becomes routine.
And yet, nerds never changes.

The end of the internet occurred pretty much as we had predicted. Too many arguments, not enough reason or perspective to go around. The details are trivial and pointless, the reasons, as always, purely irrelevant.

The internet was nearly wiped clean of activity. A great cleansing, a ban storm breathed by the netizens themselves quickly raging out of control. Tsunami of tears rained down from the skies as the drama unleashed, swallowing whole entire boards across the whole infosphere. The net was nearly extinguished, its spirit washed of in the salted trails its own fall.

The great silence had come.
Last edited by Oxymoron on Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No.

Shroom Man 777
The Mang, the Myth, the Legend.

#79 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

i just rephrased a quote from snake from metal gear solid 4

Oxymoron

#80 Post by Oxymoron »

:v
No.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#81 Post by RyanThunder »

Yeah I've been trying to do basically what Los said, but maybe I'm being too long-winded.

Flagg

#82 Post by Flagg »

xon wrote:I know Kamakazie Sith is a very much police apologist who will excuse damn near anything if done by the blue wall, but wow.

Prevented from leaving a room in solidary confinement is totally the same as a line of less than a dozen protestors huddling heads bowed on a sidewalk blocking someone's path in a well light area. What the fuck.
From a legal standpoint he's actually right.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Oxymoron

#83 Post by Oxymoron »

I often hear people use the expression "I hate X with a passion"

but on the other hand, hating -without- passion, wouldn't that be an oxymoron ? Ah mean, hate is kind of a pretty powerful sentiment to begin with.
No.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#84 Post by RogueIce »

Oxymoron wrote:Ah mean
Okay Applejack. Image

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#85 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

I think you can passively or dispassionately hate something. I mean there's a difference between loving something and loving something passionately, and hate tends to run the opposite direction as that, so

RogueIce
#YOLO

#86 Post by RogueIce »

not gonna lie

I want this costume

timmy

#87 Post by timmy »

So the children were with me for nine nights, and went back to their mother(who had been in Melbourne for work) yesterday. I returned them with a hamper full of washed, folded clothes. I had specifically set out the cleanest, newest uniforms I had available for the older two as they were representing their school at a chess tourney today. Ethan should have been wearing a school patterned and logo'd polo top over some navy slacks, and Charlotte should have been wearing the winter dress, stockings, and skivvy that I had actually placed on a hanger and put in their mother's car.

Today I realised she didn't have her ballet gear for this afternoon, so I drove to the school they were visiting to drop it off. The boy was wearing an unbranded navy polo top replete with lint stains, and the girl was wearing a white polo top that badly wanted a soak with some bleach.

Where the fuck does she get off sending them to school(or to represent the school) dressed like that when I've actually provided clean, good clothes, and then try playing me off as the shitty, half-arse parent?
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#88 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

Man Tim you are a rad dad

Losonti Tokash

#89 Post by Losonti Tokash »

F.J. Prefect, Esq wrote:Man Tim you are a rad dad

Veef

#90 Post by Veef »

RogueIce wrote: not gonna lie

I want this costume
http://www.amazon.com/Ultraman-The-Comp ... B001CHFM62

you can get the show on DVD too

Veef

#91 Post by Veef »

http://blip.tv/nostalgiacritic/nostalgi ... ss-6622805

uh oh guys

Nostalgia Critic needs more money to spend on making a game show

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#92 Post by adr »

guys guys guys

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/j ... nline-data

look at the 3rd picture

that looks like......

LINUX

and scroll down a bit more, omg IE6!!!!!!!!!11

between that and their shitty ass powerpoints I think this is top secret just cuz it is so ugly amirite lololol
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

Oxymoron

#93 Post by Oxymoron »

Veef wrote:http://blip.tv/nostalgiacritic/nostalgi ... ss-6622805

uh oh guys

Well, maybe he should start by ditching Blip.Tv and find a less shark-y streaming service provider ?
No.

Stofsk

#94 Post by Stofsk »

Losonti Tokash wrote:
F.J. Prefect, Esq wrote:Man Tim you are a rad dad

RogueIce
#YOLO

#95 Post by RogueIce »

Oxymoron wrote:

uh oh guys

Well, maybe he should start by ditching Blip.Tv and find a less shark-y streaming service provider ?
They're designing the game show set to look like The Max from Saved by the Bell which is fucking awesome so I think I'll be throwing a few bucks his way.

What other streaming services would he use with the whole ad revenue thing built in, Oxy? YouTube's the only one I could think of and he ditched it a long time ago over their copyright bullshit. Probably not as bad these days but I could see him not wanting to go back.

Oxymoron

#96 Post by Oxymoron »

Well, for starter, he could maybe think of doing his money in another way than through ad revenue ? Considering how many people use AdBlock these days, he lose a lot of money this way.

Unrelated, finally watched that DVD of "Mary and Max" I had laying around.

Beautiful movie, but damn is it depressing, and dark at times.

I recommend it (really, there's a real poesy to it), but it's not exactly a cheerful watch.
Last edited by Oxymoron on Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No.

Crazedwraith

#97 Post by Crazedwraith »

uh oh guys

oh god. he's trying to branch out again. remember how well Demo Reel went down dude?

i mean i feel for the guy tying to do something big and new but... i don't see it ending well.
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

RogueIce
#YOLO

#98 Post by RogueIce »

Oxymoron wrote:Well, for starter, he could maybe think of doing his money in another way than through ad revenue ?
Such as...?

I really don't know many ways to do this that aren't ad supported, unless he locks stuff behind a pay wall and did a subscription. But that would probably be worse from a monetary perspective.
Oxymoron wrote:Considering how many people use AdBlock these days, he lose a lot of money this way.
And entitled shitheads post it up on YouTube because HOW DARE I WATCH ADS and they're assholes. *shrug*

Although Blip has a thing now that makes you sit for 90 seconds if it detects an adblocker, though it'll still let you play the video. They're basically trying to make you choose between 30 second ad or 90 second nag. I suppose, as these things go, it's not the worst effort to fight adblock I've ever seen.

Losonti Tokash

#99 Post by Losonti Tokash »

maybe he should get the videos on YouTube taken down for copyright violation :V

RogueIce
#YOLO

#100 Post by RogueIce »

That would be irony, wouldn't it?

I've heard they used to try, though. But since they didn't have the resources of a corporation and/or enough of an in with YouTube to get the Content ID thing going, they just gave up because they couldn't keep up with the volume.

At least that's what Linkara said about people posting his stuff on YT. Dunno about the Walkers.