Good Webcomics Guide

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
evilsoup

Good Webcomics Guide

#1 Post by evilsoup »

I just finished binging on the archive of Unsounded and I have to say it's one of the best webcomics I've read. Beautiful art on par with the best of print comics, intriguing setting, good characters. The protagonist is a young (around ten I think?) girl called Sette, the daughter of the king of thieves and awesome badass who has been sent out to collect some money her cousin owes her father. IB I think you'll like her.

She's accompanied by a grumpy uptight undead wizard. They go around extinguishing endangered species, wrecking the natural order of magic and stealing everything that isn't nailed down.

It's very entertaining, but by no means a gag strip. There's a pretty cool fantasy world going on here -- rather than permanent medieval feudalism, there are competing psuedo-19th-century style nations and religions, for example. There's also some pretty dark shit & a good story. I get the impression that the artist really knows where they're going with the story. There's no filler either.

And it's really pretty.

Anyway, if anyone else wants to recommend webcomics and/or discuss them, please do so.

Zablorg
Baron of the Burrito

Re: Good Webcomics Guide

#2 Post by Zablorg »

idk if it's objectively all that good but my webcomic of choice has always been Sister Claire

Sister Claire is plot driven. It's set in a world where there was in years past a brutal war between two factions, witches and nuns. Our titular hero is a young novice who has been chosen by G.O.D to deliver a holy baby. Which would be simple enough were it not for the fact that her mentor has recently been possessed by an evil cat who intends to abscond with Claire for reasons unknown.

I'll admit the first part (Book 1) is a bit weak, (at least comparatively). It's setting up characters/setting and the artist/writer is still getting into her groove at that point. But the second part which began only around a year ago is a tremendous improvement, as second seasons often are. With the pieces firmly established the story now allows itself to cascade with characters bouncing off each other and events triggering still further events which feed back into each other and so on.

But the main reason I think I've stuck with it for so long is because I sort of imprinted on it when it helped me through some tough times years ago. There's an undercurrent of positivity to it which is very sweet.

These days the art ranges from good to knocking it out of the park on a weekly basis. Yamino makes great use of colour and smooth line-art to make striking visuals. She went back to her older art when publishing the first book to redraw some stuff so it's more consistent with more recent quality, too.

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#3 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#4 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

They are like

Wearing small forests populated by ghost animals

such gaga

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love