Testing Chat Episode VI: Return of the Chat

The troll forum, with 50% more bowel movements.
Stofsk

Re: Testing Chat Episode VI: Return of the Chat

#101 Post by Stofsk »

why can't guy pearce be in every film ???

thejester

#102 Post by thejester »

too busy going to Geelong games

(I'll shut up now)

Veef

#103 Post by Veef »

he would fill up the yearly hunk quota too quickly

Agent Bert Macklin

#104 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

A science fiction themed strip club will be opening in Atlanta. It's called Jabbu's Hut.

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#105 Post by Darksi4190 »

hmph. Machete Kills was not as entertaining as I hoped it would be. The first one had a certain ultra-violent charm to it, this one did not.

I was hoping they'd do a duo film with him and Jessica Alba, but they kill her off in the first five minutes.

evilsoup

#106 Post by evilsoup »

dang. The Golden Compass was just on the telly. I forgot how abysmally awful that film was. Applying the sensibilities of a standard children's adventure film to Northern Lights was just such a terrible idea. Whatever cocaine-snorting crab-man who thought softening the over-the-top anti-religious sentiment was a good idea should be taken out behind the chemical sheds and shot. And the girl playing Lyra just isn't able to carry the part (I can't blame her for that, though, since it would require top-notch directing to get a decent performance of Lyra out of even the best child actor, and I wouldn't use the phrase 'top-notch' in relation to any part of this film).

His Dark Materials was to me what Lord of the Rings or Star Wars or even Harry Potter seems to be to lots of other nerds (i.e. probably the most defining work of art for me as a child), and the ending of the first book was an especially powerful part of that, so the fucking butchering of it the film partook in is an especially grievous crime. Whichever drug-addled crab-man who came up with that jolly jape should be skinned and salted and left in the desert for the vultures to finish.

Big Orangutan
Hipster

#107 Post by Big Orangutan »

I purchased the first three seasons of Breaking Bad on DVD, after hearing and seeing so much hype around it in the last couple of years.
*Insert Pretentious Quote Here*

evilsoup

#108 Post by evilsoup »

lol
DVD box sets
how 2009

Big Orangutan
Hipster

#109 Post by Big Orangutan »

I know DVDs are very 2004 next to the miracles of 2014 fibre optic broadband, however I find Netflix too good to be true (I stream the iPlayer and YouTube instead) and streaming video sites are beginning to get rather clogged up with advertising dross.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#110 Post by RogueIce »

Netflix is pretty good, and no advertisement bullshit as of yet. The problem there is that sometimes series get pulled for whatever reason, probably money bullshit. Like Stargate SG-1. :(

Darksi4190

#111 Post by Darksi4190 »

SG-1 got yanked from Netflix?

Good thing I have all of the DVDs.

Darksi4190

#112 Post by Darksi4190 »

evilsoup wrote:dang. The Golden Compass was just on the telly. I forgot how abysmally awful that film was. Applying the sensibilities of a standard children's adventure film to Northern Lights was just such a terrible idea. Whatever cocaine-snorting crab-man who thought softening the over-the-top anti-religious sentiment was a good idea should be taken out behind the chemical sheds and shot. And the girl playing Lyra just isn't able to carry the part (I can't blame her for that, though, since it would require top-notch directing to get a decent performance of Lyra out of even the best child actor, and I wouldn't use the phrase 'top-notch' in relation to any part of this film).

His Dark Materials was to me what Lord of the Rings or Star Wars or even Harry Potter seems to be to lots of other nerds (i.e. probably the most defining work of art for me as a child), and the ending of the first book was an especially powerful part of that, so the fucking butchering of it the film partook in is an especially grievous crime. Whichever drug-addled crab-man who came up with that jolly jape should be skinned and salted and left in the desert for the vultures to finish.

Watching something that shaped your childhood be violated for financial gain can be a terrible experience. You have my sympathies

Big Orangutan
Hipster

#113 Post by Big Orangutan »

RogueIce wrote:Netflix is pretty good, and no advertisement bullshit as of yet.

I'm also worried about an escalating subscription fee and I'm already downloading music/apps. My new Blu Ray even has a Netflix button on its remote!
The problem there is that sometimes series get pulled for whatever reason, probably money bullshit. Like Stargate SG-1. :(
I get the impression a major media company didn't like their content on there (like SG-1) and I heard that streaming is not fully as sound a business model as "physical" media.

xon

#114 Post by xon »

Big Orangutan wrote:I get the impression a major media company didn't like their content on there (like SG-1) and I heard that streaming is not fully as sound a business model as "physical" media.
Major media companies where locked in at sane rates and terms from Netflix's end. But when the contracts came up for renewal, they started adding zeros to how much netflix would need to pay.

I think for what Netflix was paying 10-20 million for would cost almost a billion to keep the streaming rights for whatever the timeframe was.

timmy

#115 Post by timmy »

Hey so I just had it pointed out to be on facebook that EVA Unit 01 was 'built' this year.
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

Gands

#116 Post by Gands »

evilsoup wrote:lol
DVD box sets
how 2009
i wonder how our local dvd shops would fare if australia's internet suddenly became more like the rest of the world?

apparently we're some of the most piratey people ever

Stofsk

#117 Post by Stofsk »

why do you think rupert murdoch bankrolled the LNP's election campaign

Agent Bert Macklin

#118 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Anyone know of a great MP3 player other than an iPod?

Oxymoron

#119 Post by Oxymoron »

A smartphone, maybe?

I know I'm stopped using my old mp3 player since I acquired my Galaxy S4. With more than 8GB of internal storage space, up to 32GB of sd card storage space, and the ability to read flac natively, I'm able to carry most of my music library with me everywhere.

If only they did 64 GB micro sd cards yet...
No.

Agent Bert Macklin

#120 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars for a smart phone. I like my primitive qwerty phone that has limited internet access. I guess I'll go with a Nano, but 16gb being the only option sucks. That means I can't use my entire 320kbps library. I have to downgrade.

Oxymoron

#121 Post by Oxymoron »

there's probably an android micro-tablet out tvere that cost less than a hundred dollars and would let you plug in an SD card.

Have a look at Archos' product line.
No.

Agent Bert Macklin

#122 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Oxymoron wrote:there's probably an android micro-tablet out tvere that cost less than a hundred dollars and would let you plug in an SD card.

Have a look at Archos' product line.
Hmm. The SanDisk players are cheap and allow for expanded storage. Pop a 32gb fmicro-SD card in there and I'm good to go.

joviwan

#123 Post by joviwan »

SanDisk players are generally well regarded in the audiophile community as a solid, cheap player as long as you aren't obnoxiously far up your own ass about using words like "DAC" and "Impedance."

Agent Bert Macklin

#124 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

My home theater setup will do the high quality sounding stuff. I just need something to use while I hit the gym three times a week.

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#125 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

timmy wrote:Hey so I just had it pointed out to be on facebook that EVA Unit 01 was 'built' this year.
As written in the Secret Apocrypha of the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Angels will begin arriving partway through this year. It was nice knowing you, setting aside for a moment that Tasmania was destroyed 14 years ago in Second Impact :v