Testing Chat Episode VI: Return of the Chat

The troll forum, with 50% more bowel movements.
Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

Re: Testing Chat Episode VI: Return of the Chat

#51 Post by Darksi4190 »

RogueIce wrote:
Oxymoron wrote:Hey Rogue
From the comments:
Chris
January 1, 2014, 3:22 pm | Reply
To be fair, Power Rangers was based off of the footage of a Japanese show that was actually pretty good called Super Sentai.

Let’s hope they never touch Kamen Rider.
Poor Chris. If only he knew... :v
To be fair, I think Masked Rider only lasted one season before imploding.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#52 Post by RogueIce »

YO OXY

LMAO

Oxymoron

#53 Post by Oxymoron »

Quite, indeed.
No.

Bounty

#54 Post by Bounty »

Darksi4190 wrote:
RogueIce wrote:
Oxymoron wrote:Hey Rogue
From the comments:
Chris
January 1, 2014, 3:22 pm | Reply
To be fair, Power Rangers was based off of the footage of a Japanese show that was actually pretty good called Super Sentai.

Let’s hope they never touch Kamen Rider.
Poor Chris. If only he knew... :v
To be fair, I think Masked Rider only lasted one season before imploding.
Not sure how it was in the US, but over here Power Rangers was what you watched if you were one of the cool kids, Masked Rider and Beetleborgs was for the uncool ones. Never quite understood why, the Japanese stuff had the same amount of pew-pew and they made a hell of a lot more effort in making the original footage not suck as bad.

I had a lot of Beetleborgs and Masked Rider toys.
People in glass trousers shouldn't shit bricks.

Manus Dei

#55 Post by Manus Dei »

Dooey Jo wrote:the "ball-rug" is pretty underwhelming
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merkin
Ralin wrote:Finally I realized that when Walker fights the Satanic ponies I need to mention how his 'lower horn' is glowing and sparkling as it draws in and focuses Equestria's ambient magic.

thejester

#56 Post by thejester »

Basic wrote:The Guardians live coverage has been sublime. Case in point.

"23rd over: Australia 32-5 (Ballance 7 Stokes 7)

Clarke has had enough of humouring the two young Turks, and has decided to bring his best bowler, Ryan Harris, back into the attack. His first ball is a loosener, too full, and Stokes whacks it back for four through long-off. The next four slide by off-stump, and the sixth is straighter. Stokes knocks it away for a single. Sorry to say, Stokes and Ballance have shamed their elders and betters so far today. "I'm not watching the match," says Nick Brereton. "I opted for Alien 3 which is on at the moment. There's a massacre underway in a distant penal colony and no one seems able to explain or stop it. Have I missed any action in the Test?"
Listening to the BBC coverage has been pretty good, I'm amazed Geoffrey Boycott hasn't died of a stroke yet given every day has ended with him ranting at how poor England's batsmen played or how the English bowlers were making 'ordinary' players like Rodgers and Smith look good

RogueIce
#YOLO

#57 Post by RogueIce »

Bounty wrote:Not sure how it was in the US, but over here Power Rangers was what you watched if you were one of the cool kids, Masked Rider and Beetleborgs was for the uncool ones. Never quite understood why, the Japanese stuff had the same amount of pew-pew and they made a hell of a lot more effort in making the original footage not suck as bad.

I had a lot of Beetleborgs and Masked Rider toys.
And they were all made by Saban, to boot. Hell Masked Rider got a sort-of pilot on Power Rangers, even, although the show's actual pilot apparently ignored that completely. Or so I've read, I don't remember any of it.

Beetle Borgs pretty much stood up on its own, though, and IIRC only ended when they ran out of adaption footage or something (which I may be conflating with VR Troopers) but was apparently successful enough. Though the suits did eventually show up in Power Rangers as Machine Empire Generals.

I feel like I know way too much about this. :failure:

evilsoup

#58 Post by evilsoup »

you're not wrong

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#59 Post by adr »

so for the last few weeks i've been heading over to a friend's in-law's for sunday dinner, at the mother's open invitation. and she keeps seating me next to her unmarried daughter... today she was talking about how she successfully set up her other daughter while kinda looking at us. the unmarried daughter said to me "awkward conversation huh"

no kidding. i ain't got no Ph.D. in mathematics, but methinks something is afoot here.

thankfully things changed course a bit thereafter. magic the gathering was played

and the game took FOREVER. for one, we had a pure n00b playing. and many of the guests kept wanting to chat!

i used the rulebook twice to dispute a move. i was of course right (i'll forgive their ignorance, they haven't yet learned that i'm ALWAYS right), but it was an argument that the other player wasn't certain about. when the same scenario came up a few moves later again, i let it slide that time as a compromise

the n00b put out a Force of Nature with Spirit Loop and later Spirit Link. (now i'm reasonably certain that the life gain would not be double but i might be wrong and didn't dispute that, though yikes) but i went to Swords to Plowshares it. she replied with giving it protection from white (on the advice of the other more experienced player with whom i was arguing the rules)

now i'm about 100% certain that protection from white kills off white enchantments on the creature. yes, it would be saved from my bible verse, but it would be doing damage again later. but i let it slide

then later the n00b threw down a "target player's life total doubles".... followed by a Serra Avatar. i'm like " i should prolly counterspell that" but against my better judgment, did not; I was sitting on a Maze of Ith so i figured maybe things would be even and she could finally eliminate the other players. this was one of... iirc 3 straight up errors i made in the course of the game.

and it came to pass that my defenses crumbled from a 3v1 assault. and she was advised to attack me with the serra avatar, which was enchanted as to not be blockable nor targettable by spells of abilities.

i advised her to send that force of nature toward my nemesis

he and i died simultaneously

the host declared the game over with a victory for the girls. (we weren't playing teams, but it was past 11:00pm... and regardless that serra avatar+force of nature combo wasn't going to be stopped!)

n00blars get pwned

except this time
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

>:3

#60 Post by >:3 »

how much land does their family own?
>:3

RogueIce
#YOLO

#61 Post by RogueIce »

And is the daughter hot?

Dooey Jo

#62 Post by Dooey Jo »

re: hobbit movie 2: this film is a collection of one liners setting up the next action sequence. after each one I wondered if the film would suddenly end, as I knew it would. eventually it did

re: hunger games 2: p. good film but not necessarily as good as the first one. was relatively surprised to find it too had a bullshit ending like the above film. because of that it felt unnecessary, only serving to set up the sequel(s) and passing its climax onto them.

getting pretty fed up with all these movies ending like tv show episodes

re: meetings to fill me with confidence 2014 will be a year free from bullshit:

"so we are basically going to make an mmo with unity"
"okay, you guys have any networking experience?"
"well not really but unity"
"... well have you at least used unity's (horrifying) network stuff before, then?"
"nope. also we think we should store user information in a database, do you think this would be difficult?"
"well no, haven't you done any database stuff before?"
"not really"
" :whine: "
DracuLax - when even Death can't scare the shit out of you

adr

#63 Post by adr »

>:3 wrote:how much land does their family own?
less than me
RogueIce wrote:And is the daughter hot?
so at one point the convo went to putting cats in boxes to smuggle them places and i made a quick sailor moon reference (how could I not, given how many times that happened in the show??!?!?)

and she was like "luna and art-"... but she couldn't even remember artemis' name correctly!

bah

Darksi4190

#64 Post by Darksi4190 »

Knowledge of Sailor Moon is not typically the criteria by which "hotness" is determined.

Veef

#65 Post by Veef »

Darksi4190 wrote:Knowledge of Sailor Moon is not typically the criteria by which "hotness" is determined.

confirmed for forever alone :neckbeard:

Darksi4190

#66 Post by Darksi4190 »

Christ I fucking hate you people.

adr

#67 Post by adr »

shows your lack of sailor moon knowledge!

from otome no policy (the full version; the ending song from the japanese version of the R season)
みんな本気のときがとってもきれいだから
自信持ってクリアしてゆくの

Everyone is most beautiful when they're giving it their all,
So believe in yourself and go forward.

Veef

#68 Post by Veef »

Darksi4190 wrote:Christ I fucking hate you people.
i think you'd be a lot happier if you stopped clinging to some false sense of "manliness" and tried living outside your comfort zone

i mean what's wrong, snake? you don't like girls? :ocelot:

Darksi4190

#69 Post by Darksi4190 »

Sure. I'll do that.

Right after I finish watching Nobunagun

Veef

#70 Post by Veef »

he'll never understand, eh sonico?

joviwan

#71 Post by joviwan »

Anyone who can't appreciate Sailor Moon is a person who is not emotionally ready to handle big challenges in life.

Manus Dei

#72 Post by Manus Dei »

Veef wrote:
Darksi4190 wrote:Christ I fucking hate you people.
i think you'd be a lot happier if you stopped clinging to some false sense of "manliness" and tried living outside your comfort zone

i mean what's wrong, snake? you don't like girls? :ocelot:
snake, try to remember the basics of CQC
Ralin wrote:Finally I realized that when Walker fights the Satanic ponies I need to mention how his 'lower horn' is glowing and sparkling as it draws in and focuses Equestria's ambient magic.

Darksi4190

#73 Post by Darksi4190 »

Is it just me, or does it seem like Spacebattles has been down more than usual lately? I wonder if its servers are housed anywhere in the U.S. where there's really shitty weather.

Big Orangutan
Hipster

#74 Post by Big Orangutan »

Also they had a recent DMCA takedown conducted for a really bizarre and fuck stupid reason.
*Insert Pretentious Quote Here*

xon

#75 Post by xon »

Darksi4190 wrote:Is it just me, or does it seem like Spacebattles has been down more than usual lately? I wonder if its servers are housed anywhere in the U.S. where there's really shitty weather.
The server is vastly underspeced for the load it has. So when backups run the whole thing slows to a crawl.