Testing Episode IV: A New Lament

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
The Spartan

Re: Testing Episode IV: A New Lament

#576 Post by The Spartan »

I haven't been worried, because I was in a group that worked on tools that were in even greater demand because of the downturn. We did recently transition to a new role for the group and the way everyone, bosses and directors included, it sounded like I was in a good position to keep my job (everyone else, too) and I'd be working on quite a few things.

But... apparently the entire corporation is going through another "force reduction" and my number got called.

The Spartan

#577 Post by The Spartan »

Heh... just thought of something. I sold my house at the end of November so that I could move closer to work; haven't found a new place yet (and that's going to be delayed).

Imagine the irony if I now were to find a job back over where it would make sense to live in my old house again. Not that that's an option; I'd have to find a new house regardless, but still...

Ralin

#578 Post by Ralin »

On the stand, Hogan claimed his sexual boasts and inconvenient public statements fell under the umbrella of his “artistic liberty” as an actor. He can be untruthful when in character, he admitted cheerfully, and he is in character whenever he leaves his home. That split personality was revealed at its most bizarre when he gave an example: Hulk Hogan the character has a bigger penis than Terry Bollea the man, he said.
That's exactly how I would have explained it!

Oxymoron

#579 Post by Oxymoron »

@Timmy:

Just so you know, I'm seriously considering the idea of buying a Mazda MX-5 "Miata".

It's basically coming down to "how much can I re-sell my Ford Ka for?".

Hoping to get €6000 or more out of it. Meanwhile a Miata should cost me between €8500-9500 (currently looking at this one). I have enough cash to pay the difference upfront.

Anything I should be aware of?
No.

The Spartan

#580 Post by The Spartan »

At the movies today I saw a trailer for the new Ghostbusters movie.

I wasn't really expecting much and I have to say that they let me down.

joviwan

#581 Post by joviwan »

the ghostbusters trailer was super underwhelming for a variety of reasons.

There's a fan-edit trailer that's like 30-45 seconds that's just so much better.

Ralin

#582 Post by Ralin »

Finally, a live-action Crazy Steve vs Superman movie.

Crazedwraith

#583 Post by Crazedwraith »

is it that Frank Miller?
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

Ralin

#584 Post by Ralin »

Yes. All-Star Batman and Robin

Glass Fort MacLeod
Fuckin' New Guy

#585 Post by Glass Fort MacLeod »

huh. Shit still works.

The Spartan

#586 Post by The Spartan »

So, since you haven't posted in over a year, does that mean you're the FNG again? Or still?

Glass Fort MacLeod
Fuckin' New Guy

#587 Post by Glass Fort MacLeod »

Probably. Then again I more or less left SDN so that prboably makes sense. SB takes up so much time now.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#588 Post by RogueIce »

Glass Fort MacLeod wrote:Probably. Then again I more or less left SDN so that prboably makes sense. SB takes up so much time now.
Speaking of which, was that church thing your idea or what?

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#589 Post by Darksi4190 »

Praise be to his holiness Connor Macleod. Sovereign protector of mankind and the guardian against heresy!

Crazedwraith

#590 Post by Crazedwraith »

Ralin wrote:Yes. All-Star Batman and Robin

Just seen it. See what you .ean Cribbed whole lines from DKR but was much more dksa/asbar tonally.

I wouldn't say the superman was faithful either. I just cant remember Linkara's nickname for him...

Ralin

#591 Post by Ralin »

Crazedwraith wrote:I wouldn't say the superman was faithful either. I just cant remember Linkara's nickname for him...
Superman had his problems, but I enjoyed it because it was still recognizably Superman vs Deranged Murderous Frank Miller Batman

Glass Fort MacLeod
Fuckin' New Guy

#592 Post by Glass Fort MacLeod »

As I said, RL and Spacebattles conspire.
RogueIce wrote:
Glass Fort MacLeod wrote:Probably. Then again I more or less left SDN so that prboably makes sense. SB takes up so much time now.
Speaking of which, was that church thing your idea or what?
Nope it was Cool Guy's. I think he used it as a secret plot to boost his OBS thing.
Darksi4190 wrote:Praise be to his holiness Connor Macleod. Sovereign protector of mankind and the guardian against heresy!
Amazing how times change and that can be said on here and actually be a joke meant for humor and not mockery :V

evilsoup

#593 Post by evilsoup »

Ralin wrote:
Crazedwraith wrote:I wouldn't say the superman was faithful either. I just cant remember Linkara's nickname for him...
Superman had his problems, but I enjoyed it because it was still recognizably Superman vs Deranged Murderous Frank Miller Batman
After watching daredevil series 2 where he chucks people down flights of stairs and bashes their head through brick walls and punches them fifty times in the face & then claims that he doesn't kill people, it was pretty refreshing to see batman just fucking shoot people with a gun

also 'we're criminals, we've always been criminals' yess, they're going to go full dark knight strikes again (aka the greatest superhero comic ever made). This is going to be fun.

joviwan

#594 Post by joviwan »

"No, Fozz, I've never killed anyone. ...Pfffft except that guy I totally burned to death a couple hours ago, haha, man, talk about barbecue."

Crazedwraith

#595 Post by Crazedwraith »

If superheros are all criminals. Does that mean they're a superstitiously cowardly lot?

evilsoup

#596 Post by evilsoup »

batman's entire motivation in the film can be boiled down to being superstitious & sort-of cowardly, actually :v

RogueIce
#YOLO

#597 Post by RogueIce »

Crazedwraith wrote:If superheros are all criminals. Does that mean they're a superstitiously cowardly lot?
They plan and plot but they always get caught.

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#598 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

You know it's funny people are mentioning Daredevil is comparison to Batfleck, because as I recall the Affleck Daredevil actual did start off basically killing people.

Crazedwraith

#599 Post by Crazedwraith »

RogueIce wrote:
Crazedwraith wrote:If superheros are all criminals. Does that mean they're a superstitiously cowardly lot?
They plan and plot but they always get caught.
Their evil schemes all come to naught.

Batman Beyond references are my favourite.
You know it's funny people are mentioning Daredevil is comparison to Batfleck, because as I recall the Affleck Daredevil actual did start off basically killing people.
Yep. Threw a dude on to a railway line and let him get run over by a subway train. His character development for the film was realising to hold back because 'he's not the bad guy'

I actually really liked the DD film when I first saw it. Before the internet told me it was crap. It does have the problem of shoving basically all the most prominent Daredevil characters in to one movie.

That reminds me. Two series Netflix Daredevil and no Bullseye. For shame.

evilsoup

#600 Post by evilsoup »

Along with Ang Lee's Hulk film, Daredevil actually is quite good. I'd take it over, say, Age of Ultron any day.
(Of course, neither of them are anywhere near the cinematic perfection of the Punisher movie. The one where John Travolta plays the bad guy.)