Testing Episode IV: A New Lament

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

Re: Testing Episode IV: A New Lament

#51 Post by adr »

lol
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#52 Post by Darksi4190 »

thejester wrote:All this grief over the job mate...seriously. Just let it go.
Die in a fire.

thejester

#53 Post by thejester »

Thank you, thank you. Remember, if there's any low-hanging fruit you need picked, I'm your man.

evilsoup

#54 Post by evilsoup »

evilsoup

#55 Post by evilsoup »

I fucking hate the current (well, the last, actually) crop of games consoles
there was a time when you could just pop a disc in the thing and two minutes later you'd be playing, but noo I've just had to spend half an hour installing three different system updates for fuck's sake

Crazedwraith

#56 Post by Crazedwraith »

i hear that.
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

joviwan

#57 Post by joviwan »

So I'm guessing you haven't turned your console on since you bought it? Or... was one of those updates a patch for the game?

evilsoup

#58 Post by evilsoup »

haven't connected it up to the internet for a few months, so

joviwan

#59 Post by joviwan »

Well, that's why you needed updates.

I'd say the more real problem with the current gen of consoles is not that you need to download updates, but that there aren't enough games out that require you to turn your console on and then play it on a regular basis, leading to long periods of shut down because there's nothing to fucking play

PS4 i'm looking at you you little shit

evilsoup

#60 Post by evilsoup »

no, the real problem definitely is the updates
Never needed an update for my PS2 :colbert:

joviwan

#61 Post by joviwan »

PS2 was built before broadband existed and there was no design paradigm of having a big hard drive while being connected to the internet

you couldn't even connect the PS2 to the internet without an ad-in expansion thing that cost a ridiculous sum

PS4 can stream games from the intertubes and play movies and has a web browser and has to manage 40 gigabyte games and can remote play games with your Sony Brand Handheld shits

requiring updates is not unreasonable. Just turn your console on once a week to download anything you've missed.

fucking PS4 though man I can't even change the background

evilsoup

#62 Post by evilsoup »

it's a sodding games console, I don't want or need any of that shit?
I mean it's nice that the thing can play dvds etc and it's a DLNA renderer, and netflix was a neat novelty until I watched all eight worthwhile films they had... but blargh. I understand that the web stuff needs security updates, of course, but I just wanted to play the single-player bit of the game!

The Spartan

#63 Post by The Spartan »

Three times in the past two weeks I've been awakened by a nightmare. It's actually quite rare for me to remember my dreams, much less be awakened by one. So that's really strange.

And then last night Shadow woke me up because she was howling in her sleep of all things.

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#64 Post by adr »

yeah today i went to play this one game on the computer and it wanted to download stuff for 20 mins

so i said forget it i'll try the new game on the lamestation

and it took 60 minutes to download

wtf i'll just play the n64
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

The Spartan

#65 Post by The Spartan »

Let me just say that saw filing is strangely exhausting.

More so than I would expect.

Dude

#66 Post by Dude »

Chainsaw?
-Aaron

The Spartan

#67 Post by The Spartan »

Handsaws.

Old Disstons that I have that I need to learn to actually use instead of depending on my tablesaw.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#68 Post by RogueIce »

evilsoup wrote:I fucking hate the current (well, the last, actually) crop of games consoles
there was a time when you could just pop a disc in the thing and two minutes later you'd be playing, but noo I've just had to spend half an hour installing three different system updates for fuck's sake
Yeah. Which makes that eternal :ugeek: "PC vs console" war even dumber now.

See, used to be you could just buy the console, buy the game, stick in the disc/cartridge/whatever and just fucking play. A big advantage, to be sure.

But nope, not anymore. Now you have to download updates, and even install a bunch of motherfucking files just to play anymore. Game installs, system updates, game updates...might as well be "PCs without word processing and other useful shit" now instead of game consoles.

Shit, even the game design is worse off now. Sure, they always had bugs and glitches and shit, but at least there was more of a pressure to release a finished game for a console, because you only got that one shot and if there was game breaking stuff, well, prepare for a shitstorm. Now? lolnope They can just patch it after release, fuck it.

Just like PC. :failure:

Crazedwraith

#69 Post by Crazedwraith »

on the plus side if you buy a console game you're still sure it'll work.

not buy a pc game get it home. realise you didn't look at the specs close enough. or did and you still have to run it on shit settings to make it work decently.
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

Big Orangutan
Hipster

#70 Post by Big Orangutan »

evilsoup wrote:I fucking hate the current (well, the last, actually) crop of games consoles
That happened occasionally with my relatively ancient Xbox 360 whenever I purchased a new games disc every so often, but is happening a little too often now that it's got a wireless add on. :doh:

In other news Rolf Harris, yet another light entertainment celebrity from the last century, has been exposed as a paedophile, demolishing yet another major pillar in a lot of older people's childhoods. :psyduck:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yuy4Em2OPQM

On hindsight I wasn't truly surprised about Jimmy Savile, a smirking creep who gave an overt impression of being a howling psychopath trapped on the other side of the solar system. And from what we'd seen of him in Louise Theroux's documentary, for a two bit C-list celebrity Jimmy Savile seemed like a pretty intimidating, self-important person who was good at opening doors throughout the British establishment. Rolf Harris maintained a more convincing affable façade.
*Insert Pretentious Quote Here*

evilsoup

#71 Post by evilsoup »

We should just get on with it and arrest the 1970s

Big Orangutan
Hipster

#72 Post by Big Orangutan »

Paedophilia is one plausible major factor why so many North American child stars from the 70s, 80s, and early 90s became so messed up as older teens/young adults.

Stofsk

#73 Post by Stofsk »

My, isn't that a long bow you're drawing. There are many reasons why child stars can grow to become messed up, and there's no reason to assume being victimised by sexual deviants would be the 'major' cause.

Big Orangutan
Hipster

#74 Post by Big Orangutan »

Well washed up former child star, Corey Feldman, makes more bold and inflammatory claims than I do:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=roW238dfUUk

The way Michael Jackson was also a huge star as small child and then grew up into a total weirdo (abused turned abuser?) makes you think.

Dude

#75 Post by Dude »

Was Jackson sexually abused? I thought his father beat the shit of them but I've never heard that he was molested.
-Aaron