Testing Episode IV: A New Lament

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Big Orangutan
Hipster

Re: Testing Episode IV: A New Lament

#76 Post by Big Orangutan »

Either way (psycho papa Joe Jackson supposedly lurked over Michael Jackson on some nights wielding a knife) Michael Jackson did not have a balanced upbringing and no proper childhood like the also broken Corey Feldman (and too many others), but I'm digressing.
*Insert Pretentious Quote Here*

joviwan

#77 Post by joviwan »

Big Orangutan wrote:but I'm digressing.
This should be Big O's title.

Gands

#78 Post by Gands »

Yeah, it was violence as opposed to sexual abuse.

Big Orangutan
Hipster

#79 Post by Big Orangutan »

As somebody from Downunder, did you hear anything bad about old Rolfie? I've read somewhere that he had hypocritical, bigoted attitudes towards the marginalised Aborigenes.

What's with all the gushing over the movie, Boyhood, now? I'm not going to watch it because I don't want to be reminded of how painfully static Western civilisation has become for well over decade (outside of the development of mobile phones) plus being subjected to the still scary rapid changes of puberty and the premature drug induced aging of Ethan Hawke. It reminds me of the already forgotten Benjamin Button.

Gands

#80 Post by Gands »

I never really had any engagement with Harris' work. I saw a few things and liked them, but that was it. I think I'm slightly out of the generation which grew up with his work.

thejester

#81 Post by thejester »

Yeah, I think for people of our generation Rolf is like Crocodile Dundee - never a part of our cultural experience but still famous overseas as Australians

Stofsk

#82 Post by Stofsk »

I dunno, I distinctly remember growing up loving Crocodile Dundee, but I only had the vaguest idea of who Rolf Harris is.

thejester

#83 Post by thejester »

Yeah, never's NQR for Crocodile Dundee - probably more accurate to say Paul Hogan.

Gands

#84 Post by Gands »

Yeah, it wasn't until the DVD release that I ever really watched that show.

70's TV was awesome.

evilsoup

#85 Post by evilsoup »

zionists are just the worst, ugh

Dude

#86 Post by Dude »

The fucking Heeler broke into the chicken coop again. Rooster Cogburns neck was all slobbery but seems unharmed, but goddamn this dog is a pain.
-Aaron

Dude

#87 Post by Dude »

And just now she killed a little killdeer, what the hell?
-Aaron

evilsoup

#88 Post by evilsoup »

'you are out of yellow ink'
yeah, but I just want to print a black-and white document, why the shit do I need-
'you are out of yellow ink'
fucking printers
capitalism nearly made me late for a poetry reading

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#89 Post by Darksi4190 »

Had a conversation with a friend about Obama care last week. Apparently the employer provided option that his dad can actually afford doesn't meet the standard required by the government and he still has to pay the tax penalty. To top that off, he can't get any tax credits for health care because he's too far above the poverty line. I didn't realize there were people in the middle class who were getting screwed like this by the ACA.

Gands

#90 Post by Gands »

Trying to sell collectibles is oddly frustrating. I've decided to get rid of stuff we're not using, and since all these things do is gather dust I'm trying to shift what I can and donate the rest.

But when an action figure isn't on eBay, Amazon, or even a bunch of fan sites, the fuck happens?

Big Orangutan
Hipster

#91 Post by Big Orangutan »

Ugh, trust Thanas (or Failnus) to shit up a WWI remembrance thread, even though it was not entirely the Second Reich's fault.

Crazedwraith

#92 Post by Crazedwraith »

Thanas didn't shit up that thread and its not a remembrance thread. It's a 'bitch about Politicians implying things i don't like about ww1' thread, which started in the OP.
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

Big Orangutan
Hipster

#93 Post by Big Orangutan »

Reading the thread properly I'd say that Thanas is still talking crap, even though the British Empire wasn't really a force of fairness and progress either (ie the Czechs, Poles, and peasants on Prussian Junker estates faced similar treatment to Irish peasants, and colonial Germany was only "better" than colonial Britain because it was decades younger, not on principle).
Last edited by Big Orangutan on Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oxymoron

#94 Post by Oxymoron »

"even though the British Empire was really a force of fairness and progress either"

you meant "wasn't", right? Just making sure.

Awful how some mistakes can turn things on their heads.
No.

Big Orangutan
Hipster

#95 Post by Big Orangutan »

Corrected: elevated blood pressure and touchscreens don't mix.

Ralin

#96 Post by Ralin »

Crazedwraith wrote:Thanas didn't shit up that thread and its not a remembrance thread. It's a 'bitch about Politicians implying things i don't like about ww1' thread, which started in the OP.
It makes me angry when people imply that the entire British war effort was a shambles led by an out of touch elite who got millions of British young people killed for no good reason while simultaneously denigrating the patriotism and upright, manly spirit of the British soldier.

Oxymoron

#97 Post by Oxymoron »

What is certain is that the French Senior Staff and the politicians got France to the brink of destruction through sheer incompetence and a complete lack of vision during WW1.

And they finally achieved it later in the early days of WW2 when France lost the War.
No.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#98 Post by RogueIce »

Oxymoron wrote:What is certain is that the French Senior Staff and the politicians got France to the brink of destruction through sheer incompetence and a complete lack of vision during WW1.

And they finally achieved it later in the early days of WW2 when France lost the War.
Mission Accomplished :frogs:

Oxymoron

#99 Post by Oxymoron »

And from what I can see nowadays, we may not be at war (which isn't really true, considering the number of theaters we're deployed in currently), but they certainly didn't lose their ability to turn one of the world's most powerful nations in the world into a defeat powerhouse, once again from sheer incompetence and lack of vision. This time on the economic and diplomatic side of things - militarily, we're doing surprisingly okay, all things considered.

Fucking capitalists.
No.

Big Orangutan
Hipster

#100 Post by Big Orangutan »

Despite quibbles with the EU and such, apart with some self important vocal loony blowhards online (or the odd particularly boorish tabloid journalists) that I hear surfacing during the WWI remembrance (or football), I must say that I'm glad that the Western European countries are not inflicted with the same ultra racist mutual hateboner that China, Korea, and Japan are permanently locked in over past transgressions from recent history.