I saw a truly touching movie today

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Bounty

I saw a truly touching movie today

#1 Post by Bounty »

It was set in the Eighties, and was about a teenage girl who lost her father to a heart attack. Her family has moved on, her mother has a new boyfriend, but she hasn't - she has no way to overcome her grief and is sinking away into depression. The only thing that motivates her is trying to restore her father's project car, in the vain hope that it will somehow let her stay close to him.

She eventually meets and befriends a stranger with a disability that has left him mute, and together they learn to express themselves and deal with the absence of a father figure.

It was pretty moving all round, with a fantastic performance from a young actress (Hailee Steinfeld) who may be going on to great things. The soundtrack was excellent too. At times it felt like a lighter John Hughes film.

It was called
Bumblebee
HOLY SHITBALLS ITS GOOD everything I said above is 100% true and it's so well done but there are also ROBOT FIGHTS and PETER CULLEN and YOU'VE GOT THE TOUCH and why is Bayformers prequel actually a good movie???
People in glass trousers shouldn't shit bricks.

The Spartan

Re: I saw a truly touching movie today

#2 Post by The Spartan »

I've been meaning to go see that.

Hopefully, I'll have time to fit it in the next couple weeks...

Crazedwraith

#3 Post by Crazedwraith »

Hailee Steinfeld already did great things like True Grit.

Glad Bumblebee's good though. TBH I probably won't see it until it hits TV/Netflix.
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

The Spartan

#4 Post by The Spartan »

Finally saw it today. I thought the opening was a little corny, but the rest of the film was indeed touching.