you should watch Aldnoah Zero

it's got robots

and invasion

and death

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

Re: Weeaboo shit thread

#1327 Post by Darksi4190 »

God now i'm looking for it, and I can't remember the name of the anime-specific torrent site I use. Why the hell can't I remember it? I used it not two weeks ago to get the first episode of Nobunaga the fool.

Darksi4190

#1328 Post by Darksi4190 »

Nyaa torrents. That was the one. I think Veef actually linked me to it all the way back when Macross frontier was airing.

Veef

#1329 Post by Veef »

nyaa~

Darksi4190

#1330 Post by Darksi4190 »

FYI dude I checked out Aldnoah Zero and until the last few minutes I thought you had pulled a fast one on me and that the series was going to be about the martian princess and the ordinary high school studentTM falling in love as their connection brought about peace between the distant branches of humanity. I mean I saw cues for that shit everywhere. Then space princess got her ass exploded and the orbital death fortresses started to drop.

Veef

#1331 Post by Veef »

why must you doubt Gen Urobuchi?

He is the butcher.

evilsoup

#1332 Post by evilsoup »

attack on titan is a big pile of shit

evilsoup

#1333 Post by evilsoup »

lol so when his adopted sister (they're technically not related so it's not creepy) was little she got kidnapped by a Jew
why am I watching this

Manus Dei

#1334 Post by Manus Dei »

evilsoup wrote:attack on titan is a big pile of shit
This fucking show, jesus christ

the first couple of episodes are such a back and forth whiplash

Like, a soldier captain lamenting to mother about how her son's death fighting the titans was pointless and tragic and served no purpose at all

then next episode there's a brief debate around sweet potatoes and why people hold them and their very reason for existing

and then all the recruits are sitting in baby bouncers looking very very intense about not moving whatsoever

i dunno

watching attack on titan made me feel like someone was playing an elaborate joke on me but i couldn't figure out the punchline
Ralin wrote:Finally I realized that when Walker fights the Satanic ponies I need to mention how his 'lower horn' is glowing and sparkling as it draws in and focuses Equestria's ambient magic.

joviwan

#1335 Post by joviwan »

I watched through episode 10, or thereabouts.

Bits of the show were really engaging. I liked the horror of the warehouse scene where they had to be lowered in the lift.

And then there was that time where there were THREE ENTIRE EPISODES where NOTHING HAPPENED.

AT ALL.

THEY JUST SAT THERE IN A COURTYARD SURROUNDED BY GUNS

FOR THREE EPISODES

I quit the show after that

Veef

#1336 Post by Veef »

is this your first anime?

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#1337 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

evilsoup wrote:lol so when his adopted sister (they're technically not related so it's not creepy) was little she got kidnapped by a Jew
why am I watching this
Are you suggesting that a Jew would be too incompetent to enact a kidnapping ??? ??? ??? ???
joviwan wrote:I quit the show after that
I hate to appeal to a sunk cost fallacy

But you probably should have just stuck with it

Veef

#1338 Post by Veef »

speaking of attack on titan

hey frod i've been playing the recently translated muv-luv alternative chronicles 01 and I met an australian character!

slightly lewd link

seems legit

joviwan

#1339 Post by joviwan »

Veef wrote:is this your first anime?
No, but I now avoid any show that does that kind of thing. I don't watch much anime these days.

F.J. Prefect, Esq wrote:
I hate to appeal to a sunk cost fallacy

But you probably should have just stuck with it
'quit' is too strong a word, actually. I made it to the next episode where something actually started happening, but after that I just kind of forgot to keep watching the show and it's been four or six months now or something. Apologies for the misleading hyperbole.

Veef

#1340 Post by Veef »

Attack on Titan is based on a currently running manga so it has some issues with pacing when they're trying to both cram things into one episode and also stretch things out until there's enough material to adapt.

also the manga is one of the most popular things ever right now so it might take awhile before it's done :v

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#1341 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

Veef wrote:seems legit
strewth
joviwan wrote:'quit' is too strong a word, actually. I made it to the next episode where something actually started happening, but after that I just kind of forgot to keep watching the show and it's been four or six months now or something. Apologies for the misleading hyperbole.
No I mean like

You really should have kept going

Even further

To the end.

evilsoup

#1342 Post by evilsoup »

does it actually get any better though
I mean, if it turns out to be super good then I might actually watch some more of it (got to episode... 8, I think?)
but if it isn't and you told me that it is I'll do this:
:colbert:

anyway thinking about it 'a big pile of shit' is putting it on a bit heavy
it's more like... popcorn, in that I didn't really like it very much but I just kept watching it anyway, like a cow munching down on some tasteless hay
there were some good bits in there. The opening music is pretty good. In one of the flashback Attack's (that's the shouty guy's name, right?) father got in a pretty good burn: 'This is why you only have one friend, you know.' That's, like, the infinite burn of a thousand exploding suns. I laughed out loud.
And at one point, amongst all the sodding internal monologues and interminable flashbacks Attack's adopted sister (they're not technically blood relations so it's not creepy) said something along the lines of: 'This is a cruel world, but a beautiful one'. And I thought: dang, amongst all the faux philosophising and general bullshit they've managed to say something actually true, there.
Also, the Titans themselves are pretty creepy and I like this whole 'sunken-eyes' thing all the senior military peeps seem to have. The animation is really good, it's just a shame that the story/characters/etc. let it all down.

So, yeah. Some good bits, but not enough to make up for the general mess of everything else.

Veef

#1343 Post by Veef »

dude what are you going on about with all this implied romance?

everyone knows the only OTP in the show is Sasha x food

sheesh

evilsoup

#1344 Post by evilsoup »

the closing credits mostly
also I've seen enough anime to know that's where this is probably going, come on, the first girl always gets the guy

Veef

#1345 Post by Veef »

good grief if you're gonna pre-judge the whole thing there's nothing I can say to persuade you

anyways here's some more different news

http://www.hlj.com/product/CSP57683/App

WHO WANTS TO COSPLAY AS yang wen-li...

beret not included

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#1346 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

evilsoup wrote:the closing credits mostly
also I've seen enough anime to know that's where this is probably going, come on, the first girl always gets the guy
hahahahahahaha

>:3

#1347 Post by >:3 »

SIE SIND DAS ESSEN UND WIR SIND DIE JÄGER
>:3

Veef

#1348 Post by Veef »

that right there is true love

evilsoup

#1349 Post by evilsoup »

yah that potato bit was pretty good
if she was the main character rather than THE AMAZING ALL-CAPS MAN then it'd be a much more enjoyable show

Manus Dei

#1350 Post by Manus Dei »

Veef wrote:good grief if you're gonna pre-judge the whole thing there's nothing I can say to persuade you

anyways here's some more different news

http://www.hlj.com/product/CSP57683/App

WHO WANTS TO COSPLAY AS yang wen-li...

beret not included
Our Price:
¥28,310

oh man
Ralin wrote:Finally I realized that when Walker fights the Satanic ponies I need to mention how his 'lower horn' is glowing and sparkling as it draws in and focuses Equestria's ambient magic.