Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Shroom Man 777
The Mang, the Myth, the Legend.

Re: Star Trek Online

#176 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Bounty

#177 Post by Bounty »

timmy wrote:I've got a few characters but you're most likely to find me playing as josie@timmystyle31 at the moment.

"User not found" :(
People in glass trousers shouldn't shit bricks.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#178 Post by RogueIce »

timmy wrote:I've got a few characters but you're most likely to find me playing as josie@timmystyle31 at the moment.
Is your ship called the USS Pussycats ???

timmy

#179 Post by timmy »

Sadly, no.

Try Josie@timmystyler31

But I won't be online for a bit :v
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

RogueIce
#YOLO

#180 Post by RogueIce »

So Season 7 Tribble Test Weekend is a thing. Looks like they're adding a whole new Sector Block place and throwing in a bunch of end-game content or some shit. And of course if you played an hour you'll get some little reward or something.

So I fired it up. Except my Tribble characters are both Feddie LT-1s so I can't actually access any of the content apparently. Maybe a social zone if they made one (not sure on that) but nothing else. And I didn't feel like going through all the story missions yet again. Even though it's probably been the better part of a year since I last did any.

So I'm not sure if I actually messed around enough to qualify as an hour of playtime. Oh well, guess I'll find out whenever it launches and see what happens.

Anyone else still playing?

timmy

#181 Post by timmy »

Hell yeah. Stofsk is too. Between us we're feeding a dozen characters.

Fleet starbase on the edge of going to tier III, and my original character has maxed on Mk XII items(excepting consoles)

Looking forward to S7 with a bit of trepidation.

-thejester

RogueIce
#YOLO

#182 Post by RogueIce »

Why? What're you worried they'll mess up? Just general launch woes of bugginess or more?

timmy

#183 Post by timmy »

More the changes to STFs. Combined with the distinct vibe of profiteering on the part of the publisher creeping in - I get that there's a business model to follow, and I'm happy to keep spending my money with them... But everytime they nerf something, or make it a store only item, the agenda isn't gameplay balance... And then there's this whole fleet ships thing. You can buy one with fleet credits... And up to four modules, which winds up costing about $20 real world bucks. Not how it appeared to have been sold initially - that you could earn those ships by contributing to your fleet.

I'll still keep playing obviously, but it's an uncertain future as to how the publisher treats the game.

-thejester

RogueIce
#YOLO

#184 Post by RogueIce »

Ah. Yeah, that doesn't sound good. I would say that sounds like pay-to-win but most of it is stuff that wouldn't matter except to high-level players anyway, and nobody gives much of a shit about PVP so...

Though supposedly that "area control" gimmick will show up. Eventually. Maybe.

I kinda like the sound of them simplifying the STF rewards and marks and stuff, though not sure what that really means in terms of getting MACO/KHG and Omega gear. Also I don't recall seeing what you're supposed to get for those Romulan marks either, but they're there.

timmy

#185 Post by timmy »

They're going to go towards your fleet embassy on New Romulus.

As for what THAT does for you, not really sure...

-thejester

Stofsk

#186 Post by Stofsk »

timmy wrote:More the changes to STFs. Combined with the distinct vibe of profiteering on the part of the publisher creeping in - I get that there's a business model to follow, and I'm happy to keep spending my money with them... But everytime they nerf something, or make it a store only item, the agenda isn't gameplay balance... And then there's this whole fleet ships thing. You can buy one with fleet credits... And up to four modules, which winds up costing about $20 real world bucks. Not how it appeared to have been sold initially - that you could earn those ships by contributing to your fleet.
Just an aside, those fleet modules don't have to be bought with real dollars and cents. You can buy them off the exchange with energy credits. At current prices it looks to about 5 million per unit.

Also, given that a single module costs 500 zen, and zen is now dirt cheap thanks to the dilithium market plunging, you can get enough dilithium in like a couple days assuming you max out on the daily refining and have enough characters. Then buy zen with that, and you're laughing.

Buying zen with real money is the short cut people who have money can take. The problem with going the dilithium route is it takes longer, and puts you in the 'obsessive gamer' category rather than casual player most people fall under. But you could pretty much get everything you want in this game without spending a cent.

EXCEPT HAVE FUN :v

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#187 Post by Phantasee »

What the fuck is zen?
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Stofsk

#188 Post by Stofsk »

It's the 'game currency you buy with real money and/or in-game grind' in Perfect World Entertainment games (like STO).

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#189 Post by Phantasee »

I thought those were C-credits or something? They changed the name?
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Stofsk

#190 Post by Stofsk »

They did, they used to be called -C-points IIRC but when they switched over to PWE they changed the name to zen.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#191 Post by RogueIce »

So, they've done the whole Tribble/Redshirt split again. Guess that means major content incoming. Checking Tribble patch notes, and I see this:
STO wrote:Many Federation episodes have been revamped to improve the quality and pacing.
These changes apply to the following missions:
Stranded in Space
Diplomatic Orders
Hide and Sneak
Stop the Signal
Researcher Rescue
The Kuvagh'Magh
Treasure Trading Station
Secret Orders
Task Force Hippocrates
The Ultimate Klingon
City on the Edge of Never
Past Imperfect
The mission "War is Good for Business" has been removed.
Captains who have already completed these episodes will not be required to replay any but do have the option to as has always been the case.
Aw yeah! About damn time Federation missions get a revamp. Hopefully the rest will also be rolled out. At least make the climb up to 40 (or whatever the level is for the Cardassian Front missions which are universal to all the factions now) less tedious.

Also Stahl has once again stepped aside as EP and that Stephen D'Angelo guy is back. Cryptic is apparently making a new game, or some other "top secret project" according to BranFlakes.

timmy

#192 Post by timmy »

I guess it's time to make a new character then!

-thejester

Stofsk

#193 Post by Stofsk »

why don't you just replay the missions with your existing characters ???

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#194 Post by Darksi4190 »

Can you replay missions in STO? In most MMO's once you complete a quest it's gone, unless its a group thing.

And even if he could, he's probably so high in level that it wouldn't be any challenge whatsoever.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#195 Post by RogueIce »

Yes, they have a mission replay function. And the enemies will scale with your level, so they'll maintain a consistent challenge whenever you play the mission. Also handy for avoiding over-leveling situations.

For the flack STO gets, and it does deserve some of it, they do have some pretty good ideas in there, which is why I keep playing.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#196 Post by RogueIce »

I mean, don't get me wrong: when I fly in my kitted Fleet Battle Cruiser with four DHCs and pop off TS3 with quantums and then CRF2 while popping off all my Tactical VA abilities on some unlucky Klingon BoP I will hilariously roflstomp the crap out of it, no question. But that's just because there's a difference between my FBC and full ability tray versus when I was flying a Light Cruiser with a couple beam arrays and a torp launcher with only a bare handful of abilities. Those Frigate mobs will die pretty quick to that.

But Cruiser, Battleship and Dreadnought (aka Tough, Elite and Boss mobs as a rough comparison) will still pose a challenge no matter my level because they match up to me. It's not like in TOR where you go against an Elite enemy of equal level and get wtfpwned in about five seconds but then come back in 10 levels and can sit there while laughing off its pitiful attacks.

Stofsk

#197 Post by Stofsk »

if you want a challenge play on elite difficulty, even then it's not much of a challenge

if you don't play on easy normal

timmy

#198 Post by timmy »

Stofsk wrote:why don't you just replay the missions with your existing characters ???
Because I like having new stuff

And I'm going to name my next Fed character Christine Svitovsky

-thejester

Stofsk

#199 Post by Stofsk »

Alright

Your move

RogueIce
#YOLO