Star Trek Online

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
timmy

Re: Star Trek Online

#201 Post by timmy »

Well the new feature mission has distinct shades of Sunshine to its setpieces. I like.
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

Stofsk

#202 Post by Stofsk »

i've only been able to play about 20 mins thanks to the server going down for like the 3rd time today

Flagg

#203 Post by Flagg »

Play a better game?
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#204 Post by Darksi4190 »

I hear EVE Online is cool.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#205 Post by RogueIce »

Sweet, a two-hour livestream on Saturday!

Flagg

#206 Post by Flagg »

Darksi4190 wrote:I hear EVE Online is cool.
If you have nothing but time and have permanent insomnia and don't mind soul crushing tedium.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

evilsoup

#207 Post by evilsoup »

eve seems like something that sounds much cooler (ridiculous space battles, player-generated shit) than it actually is (spreadsheet game ew)

Flagg

#208 Post by Flagg »

evilsoup wrote:eve seems like something that sounds much cooler (ridiculous space battles, player-generated shit) than it actually is (spreadsheet game ew)
Eve is only interesting when reading about it on gaming news sites.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

evilsoup

#209 Post by evilsoup »

didn't they recently have a battle where $300000 worth of spaceships were blown up? Or something? That's kind of hilarious

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#210 Post by Darksi4190 »

EVE Online is one of those things I know I would've loved when I was younger and had virtually unlimited free time, but now I'd never have time for it.

Flagg

#211 Post by Flagg »

evilsoup wrote:didn't they recently have a battle where $300000 worth of spaceships were blown up? Or something? That's kind of hilarious
Yeah. One time someone set up a ponzi scheme and made off with something north of $100k.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

timmy

#212 Post by timmy »

Yeah the recent battle was some honorverse level shit, yo. I hear Red was there.

-thejester

RogueIce
#YOLO

#213 Post by RogueIce »

So I went ahead and downloaded Arc, which I guess makes me a mindless slave to the evil PWE overlords or something.

I don't know, I ran the new FE without any noticeable lag or slowdown at any point, and I use a 2007 non-gaming laptop. Not a budget system but hardly super high end, either. We'll see how it goes later on down the road, of course.

Either way,
I'll always have a sexy beast of a Captain.

:smugdog:

RogueIce
#YOLO

#214 Post by RogueIce »

By the way, that undershirt the woman in the preview picture is wearing?

Totally optional :giggidy:

timmy

#215 Post by timmy »

Haha I know, I've seen a few players running around unsupported.

-thejester

RogueIce
#YOLO

#216 Post by RogueIce »

The Khan female top is what those female Federation open uniforms should have been, according to all of those promotional images. :colbert:

RogueIce
#YOLO

#217 Post by RogueIce »

So they're completely revamping the Galaxy-class ships. Saucer separation will be more like the Odyssey, the Antimatter Spread and Saucer Sep consoles get a two piece bonus, the Galaxy-X is getting a hanger slot and revised Boff seating, and they're making a Fleet Galaxy-X to boot. :sun:

And they're packaging those three ships into a 4000 Zen bundle (though if you've bought any of them individually you're SOL, like all bundles) that also includes the Galaxy Bridge pack as a bonus.

I have nothing negative to say about this, and I may be making an investment into PWE's coffers soon. Which if I do it this weekend I get 15% bonus Zen.

I am a happy gamer today.

Stofsk

#218 Post by Stofsk »

Meh. Only the saucer sep animation being fixed is at all worth it. The Galaxy-R should get a hangar too but for some reason isn't, the revised boff seating for the Galaxy-X is idiotic, since you're going to make that universal a tac anyway. The 2-piece set bonus is fucking laughable. As far as I know the Galaxy-X won't get full cruiser commands either, for some reason. Gosh I'm glad I don't have any real stake in this otherwise I'd be angry.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#219 Post by RogueIce »

I shall defer to you on the stats. I'll buy it, likely for my current Engineer alt (who is using the freebie Odyssey right now) or another Eng-alt I come up with later. The Galaxy-X with an option on the Fleet version, that is, though I'll buy the pack because I might as well for another $15.

Me, I'm just happy that they did it at all. I think it's a positive sign that they're continuing to at least take a pass over the old content and make efforts to improve it, the specifics of the improvement notwithstanding. Because I'm sure people could argue what to use that Ensign Universal slot for all day. *shrug*

Bounty

#220 Post by Bounty »

What's Arc anyway?
People in glass trousers shouldn't shit bricks.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#221 Post by RogueIce »

PWE's version of Origin and Steam, basically. Despite the doomsayers I haven't noticed any issues since I switched over. And you get the Khan outfit (the actual Khan outfit, not the Starfleet uniform) for using it while it's still in beta.

Bounty

#222 Post by Bounty »

Any plans on making it mandatory or can I keep using Steam?
People in glass trousers shouldn't shit bricks.

Stofsk

#223 Post by Stofsk »

Steam wouldn't work with Arc, because it would essentially be redundant. Arc's just a low-rent version of Steam for PWE games, and a glorified launcher. The only way they could make it mandatory is by basically pulling Steam as a distribution channel for STO.

Not saying that that is impossible mind you, but I can't see it being a sound business move. So, to answer your question, probably not.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#224 Post by RogueIce »

IIRC they've said Arc won't be mandatory if you play from Steam, so you should be okay. I think it'll only really matter if you just use the STO launcher right now, which will most likely be supplanted by Arc whenever PWE decides it's not in beta anymore.

timmy

#225 Post by timmy »

Awww, fuck.

-thejester