HPCA does Star Wars!

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Zod
perkele

Re: HPCA does Star Wars!

#26 Post by Zod »

thejester wrote:Man really? I would have said there's been a pretty massive anti-Obama backlash.
Define massive.

thejester

#27 Post by thejester »

in the context of TOE

not the electorate, obviously

thejester

#28 Post by thejester »

adr wrote:yea. which is pretty close to what stuart did too

i think he didn't want to finish that book 3 at all from the beginning and saw this little event as an exaggerated excuse to publically disavow it
I think you're giving him way too much credit - the guy didn't even understand what a torrent was.

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#29 Post by Darksi4190 »

Well a torrent is obviously a magic spell that uses an internet connection to steal your soul.

Isn't it?

Zod
perkele

#30 Post by Zod »

Darksi4190 wrote:Well a torrent is obviously a magic spell that uses an internet connection to steal your soul.

Isn't it?
you can download everything else through them so sure why not

Darksi4190

#31 Post by Darksi4190 »

You know Stuart's so old and senile he might have actually thought that the torrent would steal his creativity or something.

And when he has such precious little of it in the first place, you really need to keep people from taking it.

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#32 Post by starku »

Maybe that's why broke the spell
It'd e like the pope clearly not understanding what an oven or automobile was

The infallible Bart starkly revealed as a clueless old man who repeats what people like shep tell him without understanding any of it

Zod
perkele

#33 Post by Zod »

starku wrote: The infallible Bart starkly revealed as a clueless old man who repeats what people like shep tell him without understanding any of it
you just described your average republican :smug:

evilsoup

#34 Post by evilsoup »

everyone who has different political views than me are stupid, also they smell funny

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#35 Post by starku »

Why would people listen I those with a broad platform
And visions

Rather than those I AGREE WITH!????

They must be DUMB etc

Count Chocula
Liberal

#36 Post by Count Chocula »

Civil War Man wrote:
Stofsk wrote:because it's not like stuart was flat out full of shit, no it must be left-leaning groupthink and wong leaving and no adult supervision
It's funny because, while it may just be me, it feels as though the board has been tacking pretty hard to the right since Obama was elected. Both from Randroids that have been able to post without DW knee-jerk banning them, and from the "liberals" that suddenly find themselves supporting non-liberal stuff because it's a Democrat doing them now.

Of course, that's irrelevant for people who would view Rorschach as an unambiguously heroic character.
It's less a left tack than it is a rising crescendo of "Obama isn't what I/We thought he would be I didn't believe what he actually said and never read Dreams From My Father shit I'm blindsided by this guy why whyyy WHYYYYY!?!?!?!?!? he doesn't even really support OWS he LIED my political hymen has been broken and i was dry oh why oh why?" sentiment. The left never left on SDN, they just lost faith in their avatar. What now?
"We've already had this discussion before. I treated you of barbaric caveman then." - Oxymoron

"He killed 80 people in 2 days"
"...he's adopted." - The Avengers

Zod
perkele

#37 Post by Zod »

Count Chocula wrote:
Civil War Man wrote:
Stofsk wrote:because it's not like stuart was flat out full of shit, no it must be left-leaning groupthink and wong leaving and no adult supervision
It's funny because, while it may just be me, it feels as though the board has been tacking pretty hard to the right since Obama was elected. Both from Randroids that have been able to post without DW knee-jerk banning them, and from the "liberals" that suddenly find themselves supporting non-liberal stuff because it's a Democrat doing them now.

Of course, that's irrelevant for people who would view Rorschach as an unambiguously heroic character.
It's less a left tack than it is a rising crescendo of "Obama isn't what I/We thought he would be I didn't believe what he actually said and never read Dreams From My Father shit I'm blindsided by this guy why whyyy WHYYYYY!?!?!?!?!? he doesn't even really support OWS he LIED my political hymen has been broken and i was dry oh why oh why?" sentiment. The left never left on SDN, they just lost faith in their avatar. What now?
Romney's still a cunt.

Count Chocula
Liberal

#38 Post by Count Chocula »

Damn that's deep. You should be a Senator on TEO.
"We've already had this discussion before. I treated you of barbaric caveman then." - Oxymoron

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#39 Post by Phantasee »

he's too raw to be a senator
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Darksi4190

#40 Post by Darksi4190 »

Well then tell Fanboy to stop fucking him so hard.

Darth Fanboy
has no method to his madness.

#41 Post by Darth Fanboy »

:poop:

Civil War Man

#42 Post by Civil War Man »

Count Chocula wrote:It's less a left tack than it is a rising crescendo of "Obama isn't what I/We thought he would be I didn't believe what he actually said and never read Dreams From My Father shit I'm blindsided by this guy why whyyy WHYYYYY!?!?!?!?!? he doesn't even really support OWS he LIED my political hymen has been broken and i was dry oh why oh why?" sentiment. The left never left on SDN, they just lost faith in their avatar. What now?
I wasn't even talking about people being disillusioned with Obama.

But take any given conversation about him. When he does something bad, you'll obviously get conservatives crowing about how this proves he's evil, but you'll also inevitably get some "liberal" defending him even though their opinions would be reversed if the president had an R after his name.

When he does something good, conservatives will try to reword it until it's something bad (or, failing that, try to claim credit), while everyone else except his apologists complains about him not doing it earlier.

I'm saying that liberal doesn't really exist on the board. There are just the token conservative members, and the rest are anti-conservative. They aren't really motivated by leftist ideals so much as they are motivated by opposing right-wing ideals. Just take DA back in 2008 wanting people to vote McCain under the assumption that a McCain presidency would cause society to collapse, and the further assumption that a collapse would result in society spontaneously restructuring itself to agree with his political beliefs.

Stofsk

#43 Post by Stofsk »

Hahahaha, did DA actually say that? :D

Count Chocula
Liberal

#44 Post by Count Chocula »

Umm, wouldn't "anti conservative" count as "liberal" in the US? 'Opposing right-wing ideals,' as you said, inherently implies advocacy of left-wing ideals. Anthropogenic global warming er climate change, gun control, higher taxes, deficit spending, 'the western world sucks,' and universal health care are all positions advocated on TEO and are mostly opposite to so-called conservative beliefs.

Speaking of belief, I believe (no not that deep, just think) that the average age on TEO is getting younger as the older members are banned or move on, which would explain the rise in super-deep discussions about video games and the reduced output of the several excellent graphics artists and fanfic authors on the site.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#45 Post by Phantasee »

Being anti right doesn't mean being left automatically.

Count Chocula
Liberal

#46 Post by Count Chocula »

Buh what? What does it imply. Describe the center if that's what you're getting at, especially as it relates to the posters on TEO. Sorry, when I look there and read what they write I lean left by reflex.

adr-admin
Site Admin

#47 Post by adr-admin »

i'd say it all depends on the details but a lot of this shit is more about personal attacks than the position

if w. mitt romney says something, ppl will attack it

but if b. hussein obama says the same thing ppl will defend it

i betcha if we took like a page from marx literally and attributed it to idk friedman or greenspan or something

people would say how totally fucking stupid it is even if they consider themselves on the left economically otherwise

evilsoup

#48 Post by evilsoup »

man I don't think most of them consider themselves left to the same extent as Marx,
but I get your point

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#49 Post by Phantasee »

It's not that they're left or support the left. They support a team, and the myth of that team. They see certain aspects of it that they want to be a part of so they support the team.

It's kinda like how I support the Steelers for no reason other than I like the colours and it pisses Thanas and DF off. I don't give a fuck about NFL football, I just want to gloat over the Ravens fan when "we" win.

Count Chocula
Liberal

#50 Post by Count Chocula »

adr wrote:i'd say it all depends on the details but a lot of this shit is more about personal attacks than the position

if w. mitt romney says something, ppl will attack it

but if b. hussein obama says the same thing ppl will defend it

i betcha if we took like a page from marx literally and attributed it to idk friedman or greenspan or something

people would say how totally fucking stupid it is even if they consider themselves on the left economically otherwise
But, but, that would imply that ppl on TEO don't consider the source INTELLECTUAL CRUCIBLE INTERRUPT ^C OHNO.

They can't all be that blinded by their beliefs. Some of it must be willful rationalization.