Re: Godammed SDN

#6951 Post by weemadando »

Got-damn Thanas is so stereotypical.

"Ze archery in zis moof-hee iz not up to ze accuracy stantarts I have set."

Stofsk

#6952 Post by Stofsk »

maybe my response in that thread was a little too snarky but come on

if you go into a movie about the avengers when there are all these superheroes, and this one guy who's only thing is he's the world's greatest archer, it seems like complaining about his archery technique might be missing the forest from the trees when he is literally twangin' arrows next to guys like the hulk, billionaire playboys in self-designed power armour, a supersoldier from world war fucking two, and a goddamn norse god

and scarlett johannson

Flagg

#6953 Post by Flagg »

Smon has got to be the stupidest motherfucker on SDN. Right now.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#6954 Post by Phantasee »

Akhlut wrote:Man, what happens if a pyramid scheme has the guy at the top become a buyer to one of the people at the bottom? Does it become a mobius strip of fraudulence? Does everyone in the scheme acquire infinite wealth and thus ruin the economy of earth? The implications are staggering!
I quotes you without attribution on Twitter.
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Akhlut

#6955 Post by Akhlut »

Phantasee wrote:
Akhlut wrote:Man, what happens if a pyramid scheme has the guy at the top become a buyer to one of the people at the bottom? Does it become a mobius strip of fraudulence? Does everyone in the scheme acquire infinite wealth and thus ruin the economy of earth? The implications are staggering!
:argh:

Akhlut

#6956 Post by Akhlut »

Stofsk wrote:maybe my response in that thread was a little too snarky but come on

if you go into a movie about the avengers when there are all these superheroes, and this one guy who's only thing is he's the world's greatest archer, it seems like complaining about his archery technique might be missing the forest from the trees when he is literally twangin' arrows next to guys like the hulk, billionaire playboys in self-designed power armour, a supersoldier from world war fucking two, and a goddamn norse god

and scarlett johannson
If I was the good archer in the group with Thor, the Hulk, Captain America, and Iron Man, I would slack off so much. If I'm not working at full capacity, so what? I think the immortal guy who can summon lightning at will and toss tanks like toys can pick up my slack.

Civil War Man

#6957 Post by Civil War Man »

Akhlut wrote:If I was the good archer in the group with Thor, the Hulk, Captain America, and Iron Man, I would slack off so much. If I'm not working at full capacity, so what? I think the immortal guy who can summon lightning at will and toss tanks like toys can pick up my slack.
If I was the good archer in the group, I'd probably start using guns unless we ran into a bunch of villains with magical bullshit shields that stop bullets but not arrows.

Dooey Jo

#6958 Post by Dooey Jo »

kinda makes you wonder why they keep that guy around

they're doing that bullshit i hear they did with the comics aren't they, and putting all characters in the same universe and the same new york

yeah because i think i saw the end of that hulk movie that they had to make twice because who gives a fuck, and i think iron man was there or something in a bar

maybe they should do a film about how fucked up life for the average person must be in a world where single individual "super villains" destroy the earth daily, and can only be stopped by the whims of "super heroes" who could equally easily destroy the earth

it'd be like the cold war except no MAD and not even between any countries, so everyone just sits there completely powerless and scared
DracuLax - when even Death can't scare the shit out of you

Civil War Man

#6959 Post by Civil War Man »

Watchmen did show how fucked up a world with costumed vigilantes would be.

For starters, Nixon would be elected to a fourth term as president.

Veef

#6960 Post by Veef »

and we'd all have electric powered cars that put poor the first Night Owl out of the car repair business :america:

uraniun235

#6961 Post by uraniun235 »

Civil War Man wrote:Watchmen did show how fucked up a world with costumed vigilantes would be.

Watchmen clearly takes place in the 1985A timeline where Biff took the Almanac back in time :v

(...I'm not the only one who's made that joke, am I? :( )

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#6962 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

I think I've heard that before actually

Unsure if it was also said by you

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#6963 Post by starku »

Phantasee wrote:
Maximum lame reached
The only hope is that you pass business

Straha
Lecturer

#6964 Post by Straha »

How the hell did that Egyptian origins thread get to be twenty pages long? That just seems so... absurd.... and pointless...
"Is it not part of being erotically experienced, however, to know that the desire to enter the other can lead one to the wrong entrance?" - Peter Sloterdijk

"Ethics is endless, the law is terminal." - Paul Mann

Manus Dei

#6965 Post by Manus Dei »

uraniun235 wrote:
Civil War Man wrote:Watchmen did show how fucked up a world with costumed vigilantes would be.

Watchmen clearly takes place in the 1985A timeline where Biff took the Almanac back in time :v

(...I'm not the only one who's made that joke, am I? :( )
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper OH GOD HOLOGRAPHIC SHARK AAAAAAAA
Ralin wrote:Finally I realized that when Walker fights the Satanic ponies I need to mention how his 'lower horn' is glowing and sparkling as it draws in and focuses Equestria's ambient magic.

Crazedwraith

#6966 Post by Crazedwraith »

is it just me or has thanas gone loopy recently? or loopier at least
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

Veef

#6967 Post by Veef »

He's feeling the burden of holding up the intellectual crucible

Losonti Tokash

#6968 Post by Losonti Tokash »

it's pretty funny that the word "crucible" creates a visceral reaction in certain people now

Akhlut

#6969 Post by Akhlut »

Zor is truly the greatest mind to ever emerge from the Intellectual Crucible.

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=154174

Gands

#6970 Post by Gands »

Dooey Jo wrote:kinda makes you wonder why they keep that guy around
Affirmative action.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#6971 Post by Phantasee »

starku wrote:
Phantasee wrote:
Maximum lame reached
god i hope so

another month and a half *smirk*
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

adr-admin
Site Admin

#6972 Post by adr-admin »

fyi war can't give life

it can only take it away

Darth Fanboy
has no method to his madness.

#6973 Post by Darth Fanboy »

Except in cases of rape or cloning supersoldiers. But that's not a nice way to make life.

Akhlut

#6974 Post by Akhlut »

Phantasee wrote:
starku wrote:
Phantasee wrote:
Maximum lame reached
god i hope so

another month and a half *smirk*
Hey, if you're in business, how come you don't post after learning each new concept about how the world economy is going to collapse after we reach Peak Money and then everything's going to turn Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome? I don't think you're a real business major at all.

Aaron
El Duderino

#6975 Post by Aaron »

Because he's in business, not political science.