El Duderino

Re: Godammed SDN

#7326 Post by Aaron »

I don't think he has a choice.

Shroom Man 777
The Mang, the Myth, the Legend.

#7327 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

why do you guise still bother with that place?

just leave

and let them whatever all by themselves and amble on and shit and do what they do but without bothering you guise

tbh before i left the only thing keeping me there was the prospects of hanging out with the chill folks who are mostly here too

there's no point in getting pissed at all the fatsos or whatever

that shit i tried to do with art and fiction

that RABID thread was a great success

but then i realized something

a lot of the people who participated and who i jived with were already worthwhile folks before hand, they knew what they knew and were good for it and when we talked we talked of what we all knew

whereas those who we try to convince or show cool stuff to, but adamantly can't get over their narrow preconceptions and their own obtuseness and thickness and guh, there's nothing we can do to affect them and they'll go on and on being whatever and any attempt at whatevering will just be a futile and exhausting effort at nothing and a huge waste of time and energy

so rather than wasting time on that, i realized that it would be better spent just chilling with the folks i want to chill with while doing shit i want to do

its way more fun than spending so much time dealing with the heaped up bullshit of all those fatsos

the end

Chadz

#7328 Post by Chadz »

Yo, Shroom, I'm happy for you, and Ima let you finish, but Ima need you to not be so lucid and insightful like that, okay? It's a little scary. :wtc:
"Nerds. Nerds never changes." - Oxymoron

Zod
perkele

#7329 Post by Zod »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:why do you guise still bother with that place?
schadenfreude.

at least for me

Shroom Man 777

#7330 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

it's a big fat waste of time

Zod
perkele

#7331 Post by Zod »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:it's a big fat waste of time
it's not like i actually post there anymore or anything

adr-admin
Site Admin

#7332 Post by adr-admin »

i can quit the internet any time i want to

i just don't want to right now

Akhlut

#7333 Post by Akhlut »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:why do you guise still bother with that place?
Because I hate myself. :whine:

More seriously, I'm a giant nerd and like SDNW games, and I guess I kind of look at other stuff while doing that and post occasionally.

Akhlut

#7334 Post by Akhlut »

Also, I was reading through all the additional stuff to the latest "Shep's a racist" thread, and noticed that Dee-Dubya's reading through Testing, so I'm assuming he's reading that thread.

EDIT: Aaaaand he just posted.

Way to vendettopathy there, Flagg. :psypop: :wtc:
Last edited by Akhlut on Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Director of Celestial Intelligence

#7335 Post by Director of Celestial Intelligence »

Akhlut wrote:Also, I was reading through all the additional stuff to the latest "Shep's a racist" thread, and noticed that Dee-Dubya's reading through Testing, so I'm assuming he's reading that thread.

EDIT: Aaaaand he just posted.

Way to vendettopathy there, Flagg. :psypop:
Oh no you don't mister, you change that :psypop: back to a :wtc: right this instant!

Akhlut

#7336 Post by Akhlut »

I compromised. I couldn't decide which was more appropriate.

Oxymoron

#7337 Post by Oxymoron »

Why do I stay on SDN ? Why not ? I'm having interesting conversations via PM with some peeps there, and I'm going to start a "nation" on SDNW5 for the hell of it.
The rest of the site ? A (some of the time interesting) way to waste time.
No.

Shroom Man 777

#7338 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

well, i'm glad for you guise

but for some (a lot), is there anything still drawing you guys to do something there that's enjoyable to you? rather than something that's just bitter and frustrating and tedious? because there might be a point where you assess what you have to lose, and what you have to gain, from all the BS and the drama and all the paragraphs or whatever, all the things you've seen and the chances of you seeing anything new from it or how it's all the same stuff from the same guise over and over again, maybe if you've already been there and done that, and how it all makes you feel, and make your call

it may be not easy if you have spent forever there

but hey

There has been too much violence. Too much pain. But I have an honorable compromise. Just walk away. Give me your pump, the oil, the gasoline, and the whole compound, and I'll spare your lives. Just walk away and we'll give you a safe passageway in the wastelands. Just walk away and there will be an end to the horror.

adr-admin
Site Admin

#7339 Post by adr-admin »

i use sdn threads as an excuse to talk about myself

worldbuilding philosophy etc

and by putting them down it puts me up

wongs recent post makes me feel like a sociology genius

Shroom Man 777

#7340 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

tbh through this i'm trying to figure out or come to terms with my own perspective on the whole affair

Zod
perkele

#7341 Post by Zod »

sometimes there's interesting news stories that get posted i would've missed otherwise

but other than that? eh

Akhlut

#7342 Post by Akhlut »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:tbh through this i'm trying to figure out or come to terms with my own perspective on the whole affair
Like I said, I go for the SDNW stuff, and end up reading other stuff tangentially. There's the occasional gem of good conversation in there, and sometimes the debating's fun. If I get into a debate that's too tedious for me, I just either don't get involved or just quit if it gets tedious while I'm involved or something.

Shroom Man 777

#7343 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

i got tired of SDNW, and the other stuff somehow lost its appeal, or something, so i don't feel much at all for not whatevering in the board anymore as its lost its draw

maybe it corresponds with me meeting more people in meatspace and doing shit irl, and maybe if i become a shut-in again this stuff will become completely fascinating again

or its just plain personality development

or it just got sale for me

Veef

#7344 Post by Veef »

so did dee dubya call us all a bunch of racists

Akhlut

#7345 Post by Akhlut »

No, but he's banning you if you say that you think Shep is a racist and the rest of the staff isn't doing something to curb it. :v

Flagg

#7346 Post by Flagg »

Yeah that's hilarious. I wasn't even talking about the mods, I was talking about long time posters who get away with anything and everything and jump to each others defense no matter what while those who aren't part of the club get told to fuck off the instant they do something deemed undesirable or disruptive. Like just now. But you know, it's a "conspiracy theory" not years of observation on my and others parts. But you gotta protect your token racist fuck I guess. Especially when you make the incredibly poor decision to make him a moderator. But then I'm not a college graduate so I'm untermenshen. :smug:
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Oxymoron

#7347 Post by Oxymoron »

Almost all the threads on SDN for me have the little orange icon that show that I didn't read them. And when I read a thread I mostly skim it if I'm not involved. And even then, I tend to live and let die as far as "debating" goes : Have you EVER seen me debating anyone ? [EDIT : apart from Bakustra in my first month on the board, with that whole "France banning the integral veil" thingy]

The most "fun" I had this last month that didn't come from Testing Hijinks came from one of my [milwank] threads, and in the form of a PM conversation with someone which quickly broke into a whole mess of tangents barely not at all related to the original subject. In fact something like half the conversation was/is trying to diagnose exactly why SDN is so... SDN.

But, I guess when you've been on the board as long as Shroom has been, even just watching and skimming must start to feel... bland, always seeing the same conversation pattern emerge, like you could write an automated script and people would barely notice any difference. Everything become predictable, there's no more fun to be had. Something along those lines ?

Different people have different expectations.
No.

Shroom Man 777

#7348 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

well, you're new and such so my general statement doesn't apply to you as much

i'm mostly just addressing the embittered tired core group here who have been there for quite some time and whose frustrations are very visible

so to them, now:

jesus christ dudes

just ditch that goddamn place

Flagg

#7349 Post by Flagg »

I'm like a cunthair away dude. The problem is that I find the bullshit that goes on there somewhat entertaining. But I think my posting days are over.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Dooey Jo

#7350 Post by Dooey Jo »

i post there because i love pointing out the ridiculousness of their sociopolitical discourse as well as the generally appalling debating standards

haha no i lie that's why i post here :v (not really)

i haven't actually posted for several months since i snuck some COMMUNISMS into threads to see if i could stealth change the general opinion on economic systems

eventually it turned out i didn't care

but i did have a rule never to post more than twice or thrice in a thread, cause that's when shit breaks down, and hopefully someone who agreed with me would take over and bring in something fresh

no one ever did :whine:
DracuLax - when even Death can't scare the shit out of you