war is terror

Veef

Re: Godammed SDN

#8254 Post by Veef »

Lol but shep hangs around waiting to return with forty ounce bottles

Flagg

#8255 Post by Flagg »

I'm still pissed about getting fucked on that one and I can usually let go of shit like that.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

adr-admin
Site Admin

#8256 Post by adr-admin »

Flagg wrote:Never heard of it, but Aeris is a character from Final Fantasy 7. A female character.
and the luv of my life

i fucking balled when she died

completely out of control for days

but it was ok because she had to martyr herself to save the planet

a sacrifice i could not have made in her or cloud's place

oh btw spoilers

actually the scene was kinda meh except for the high quality background music. i like what they did with that and the timing with it etc

it was just too... idk the character development was ok but not great

and the actual death scene was too sterile combined with that weird jenova personality shit

and a boss battle right after?

eh

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#8257 Post by starku »

JUST LIKE THE SECRET POLICE I MEAN SERVICE

Hey ADR did you seriously have a political awakening and never notice any of this before y/n

adr-admin
Site Admin

#8258 Post by adr-admin »

on the general principle i'm just deciding to draw a lot more attention to it than ever before edit: though it is relatively recent that i've decided to take the stance of "there is no such thing as a just war". my previous position was more like "Sometimes the ends can justify the means"

on some specific facts though i'm ashamed to say for a while i swallowed the empire's propaganda hook lie and stinker

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#8259 Post by starku »

If there ever was a just war it was the war against the nazis

Our allies, goto

Our allies

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#8260 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

adr wrote:this seems ridiculous to me

does the secret service have nothing better to do than bang prostitutes and troll web forums looking for absurd threats that mean nothing?
Their entire job is about keeping the President alive. It might seem 'ridiculous' to you, but they can't just dismiss a threat out of hand. They have to be sure.

That's not to say that some of the stuff they've investigated has been quite obviously not a serious threat (that Michael Ramirez comic etc), but they're not in a position to just go 'lol whatever'.

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#8261 Post by starku »

They'll have serious consequences for dismissing anything because if it was 0.01% chance real and they ignored it they'd be massively negligent
And tbh they're probably eager to prove they're not totally useless in the disaster that is us federal level security services

But man the song and dance around 'free speech' is a lol
The law is now psychic and nothing is illegal if you can pull a zeon and say IT WAS A JOKE OBVIOUSLY

Zod
perkele

#8262 Post by Zod »

starku wrote:And tbh they're probably eager to prove they're not totally useless in the disaster that is us federal level security services
especially after hooker-gate

Aaron
El Duderino

#8263 Post by Aaron »

Oh no, they hired bookers. The horror.

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#8264 Post by starku »

Yeah it's more the rlesidents dying while they're dead useless that might suggest they dot do much

Man I'll YouTube the clip from executive action where thre JFK plotters dismiss the secret service as I'M A JUGGALO WOOP WOOP, underpaid and unmotivated

Need good publicity even if it's just 'attention were are doing stuff, no the FBI couldn't have done this honest'

adr-admin
Site Admin

#8265 Post by adr-admin »

F.J. Prefect, Esq wrote:Their entire job is about keeping the President alive. It might seem 'ridiculous' to you, but they can't just dismiss a threat out of hand. They have to be sure.
not "dismiss" but they shouldn't proactively search the web for stupid shit even if it is just a matter of using their resources effectively

so like if someone called them and said like "this guy i know is talking about killing the prez and i think he's serious" then yeah check it out just in case. there's substance to that and dismissing is prolly negligent

or of course for regular people if someone feels threatened, the cops should check it out even if it is just to make the person feel better.

indeed i'd put more importance on the regular person than the president since the regular person isn't surrounded by bodyguards 24/7 and doesn't attract as much attention in the first place so if he or she feels threatened it is more likely that there's actually something to it and that an attack would succeed

but randomly browsing the internet and tracking down anyone who happens to say it? complete waste of time and money.

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#8266 Post by starku »

but dude randoms on the internet plotting to kill president is bad

but its 100% ok to say anything in america ever, without restriction because skimbo doesn't know what 'free speech' means in context

this is consistent if you are a doublethinking retard

Zod
perkele

#8267 Post by Zod »

adr wrote:
F.J. Prefect, Esq wrote:Their entire job is about keeping the President alive. It might seem 'ridiculous' to you, but they can't just dismiss a threat out of hand. They have to be sure.
not "dismiss" but they shouldn't proactively search the web for stupid shit even if it is just a matter of using their resources effectively

so like if someone called them and said like "this guy i know is talking about killing the prez and i think he's serious" then yeah check it out just in case. there's substance to that and dismissing is prolly negligent

or of course for regular people if someone feels threatened, the cops should check it out even if it is just to make the person feel better.

indeed i'd put more importance on the regular person than the president since the regular person isn't surrounded by bodyguards 24/7 and doesn't attract as much attention in the first place so if he or she feels threatened it is more likely that there's actually something to it and that an attack would succeed

but randomly browsing the internet and tracking down anyone who happens to say it? complete waste of time and money.
i don't think they actually work that way

but if they get a report from someone about a posting on the internet, which is what usually happens, then they gotta check it out

Count Chocula
Liberal

#8268 Post by Count Chocula »

I'm expecting a knock on the door. Actually no I'm not.
"We've already had this discussion before. I treated you of barbaric caveman then." - Oxymoron

"He killed 80 people in 2 days"
"...he's adopted." - The Avengers

Akhlut

#8269 Post by Akhlut »

adr wrote:on the general principle i'm just deciding to draw a lot more attention to it than ever before edit: though it is relatively recent that i've decided to take the stance of "there is no such thing as a just war". my previous position was more like "Sometimes the ends can justify the means"

on some specific facts though i'm ashamed to say for a while i swallowed the empire's propaganda hook lie and stinker
What about the US-Indian Wars?

Or the US Civil War?

Count Chocula
Liberal

#8270 Post by Count Chocula »

The French didn't save us at Yorktown. We did it. With Freedom (cannon)Balls.
"We've already had this discussion before. I treated you of barbaric caveman then." - Oxymoron

Akhlut

#8271 Post by Akhlut »

Count Chocula wrote:I'm expecting a knock on the door. Actually no I'm not.
Who fucking cares about your problems, n00b? No one, that's who. GTFO.

Count Chocula
Liberal

#8272 Post by Count Chocula »

Akhlut's banned for wasting cigarettes.

adr-admin
Site Admin

#8273 Post by adr-admin »

Zod wrote:but if they get a report from someone about a posting on the internet, which is what usually happens, then they gotta check it out
yeah and i'm ok with that

if there's a report that means at least one real person was honestly concerned by it (or trolling law enforcement lol) which is what makes it worth checking

but even this doesn't lead to a sdn style rule which is just paranoid about big brother or some stupid horseshit

adr-admin
Site Admin

#8274 Post by adr-admin »

so anyway the shit bee ess evening news is on again and they just said "the american mission in afghanistan"

it reminded me of something i saw on my new favorite news source earlier

this fellow george galloway who has a kick ass scottish accent btw was talking to someone who was talking about the british mission in afghanistan

and he went off about how we should call it what it is: war

its a war in afghanistan

but this "mission" shit is apparently the thing on both sides of the pond

Flagg

#8275 Post by Flagg »

F.J. Prefect, Esq wrote:
adr wrote:this seems ridiculous to me

does the secret service have nothing better to do than bang prostitutes and troll web forums looking for absurd threats that mean nothing?
Their entire job is about keeping the President alive. It might seem 'ridiculous' to you, but they can't just dismiss a threat out of hand. They have to be sure.

That's not to say that some of the stuff they've investigated has been quite obviously not a serious threat (that Michael Ramirez comic etc), but they're not in a position to just go 'lol whatever'.

Actually, they have 2 jobs. And the primary one isn't keeping the President safe, it's going after counterfeiters.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine