The Mang, the Myth, the Legend.

Re: Godammed SDN

#8727 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

oh right that

lol

Gands

#8728 Post by Gands »

My HPCA threads were an experiment in seeing whether or not I'd be banned.

Aaron
El Duderino

#8729 Post by Aaron »

Fortunately the majority think their fucking nuts.

Gands

#8730 Post by Gands »

Yeah, I thought that there was residual Stewie good will, and that I could provoke something.

Evidently it didn't work.

adr-admin
Site Admin

#8731 Post by adr-admin »

mang i can't resist this shit

xon

#8732 Post by xon »

KFC in Australia gets sued. This thread leaves me wondering at how broken some people's world view actually are.

There are several 'people' in there advocating that a company who sells thier reputation, supplies, and training to run a business, and ongoing active involvement should be completely responcibility free for what happens to the end customer.

Aaron
El Duderino

#8733 Post by Aaron »

Well there is some bizarre hate for fast food on TEO, ironic given the number of actual obese people on there.

KFC is total shit though.

Zod
perkele

#8734 Post by Zod »

Food and health regulations are law and you cannot bypass law by signing a waiver.
well you can if you're haliburton or AT&T :smug:

xon

#8735 Post by xon »

Xeriar really is quite bad at computers. Just wow.
Idiot wrote:At the very least, you should be able to present one report of what you claim will happen actually happening. My bet is you'll ignore that sentence too, go away (wouldn't that be nice), or twist it to be something of no relevance to your actual claim: Someone uses a pair of USB sticks with the same serial number, boots off one, plugging in the other causes issues with the booting OS being able to read its own system files.
The link I gave for how linux handles dup USB serials
I have a modem connected to one of the adapters. Every time I restart, it is a hit-and-miss whether I can connect to the internet without changing a configuration file to point to the other /dev/ttyUSB port.
How USB works under linux.
This is because the driver is really an interface between the USB stack and the SCSI layer.
. If you do have other devices, then the USB disk may not be /dev/sda, but could instead be /dev/sdb, /dev/sdc or some other device. You would then need to substitute the right device entry for /dev/sda or /dev/scd0 in the entries above.
If you actually understand that the "/dev/sdx" he is talking about is an alias generated by a driver which then talks to the USB stack, it's fairly trivial to construct a situation where having two USB devices with the same serial number and thus being indistinguishable to the USB stack could go wrong.

He also misses, that how the BIOS presents a devices matters fuck all to how the OS actually manipulates the device once the initial kernel image has loaded.

Zod
perkele

#8736 Post by Zod »

how did this post end up in two different topics? or was that intentional

xon

#8737 Post by xon »

Zod wrote:how did this post end up in two different topics? or was that intentional
Quick reply in the wrong window, and then also forgetting to hit the 'yes' to delete the post 15 seconds after I posted it in the wrong thread.

Someone was insultingly wrong on the internet, and I felt the need to rage.

Shroom Man 777
The Mang, the Myth, the Legend.

#8738 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Gands wrote:Yeah, I thought that there was residual Stewie good will, and that I could provoke something.

Evidently it didn't work.
i think our bart blading balls said lieutenant ike ong i satan merkatrignamara jdamraamgasmlrslbm92f-117/11 barry thats what we call him on the white phosphorus bayonet hill made any attempt at "bawww! but but" seem daunting for any blade barters remaining

(i can't get enough of incessantly kicking that dead horse)

god that was a gratifying thing to watch

it went from the only people who bitched about tsw being in new testingstan, and me actually going "oh come on you guise take it easy on poor blade" in my brain, to you-krainian two-renters, to all of us laughing at bart blade and the once great contractor can't disclose information clearance level etc. turning into a laughingstock

good times

good times

Veef

#8739 Post by Veef »

Aaron wrote:Well there is some bizarre hate for fast food on TEO, ironic given the number of actual obese people on there.
Well you have to understand the American culture of accountability and lack of self control that has led a great number of people eating fast food in great quantities without any concern for how it affects them in the long term. Like the books Fast Food Nation (nobody make the 'just made me want a Big Mac' joke) and Supersize me were so shocking because there's a lot of ignorance surrounding food in this country. Also portion sizes in the US are out of control.

phongn

#8740 Post by phongn »

xon wrote:If you actually understand that the "/dev/sdx" he is talking about is an alias generated by a driver which then talks to the USB stack, it's fairly trivial to construct a situation where having two USB devices with the same serial number and thus being indistinguishable to the USB stack could go wrong.
Don't most distributions use a partition UUID now instead of /dev/foo? That would ameliorate that problem.

Mr.Coffee

#8741 Post by Mr.Coffee »

starku wrote:Then I guess he realised that was dumb and unbanned me
You have no idea how many people are kind of pissed at Rob for doing that. The unbanning thing, I mean. I guess some people take SDN a little to seriously, dude.

Losonti Tokash

#8742 Post by Losonti Tokash »

i got some pretty awesome messages for unbanning you :v

Einhander Sn0m4n

#8743 Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Hay guise, what's the haps on the craps? :band:

Aaron
El Duderino

#8744 Post by Aaron »

Get a hair cut you damn hippy!

Civil War Man

#8745 Post by Civil War Man »

Veef wrote:Well you have to understand the American culture of accountability and lack of self control that has led a great number of people eating fast food in great quantities without any concern for how it affects them in the long term. Like the books Fast Food Nation (nobody make the 'just made me want a Big Mac' joke) and Supersize me were so shocking because there's a lot of ignorance surrounding food in this country. Also portion sizes in the US are out of control.
It's not just the culture of accountability and lack of self-control. One of the major reasons why there are higher levels of obesity among the poor in the US, for example, is because fast food and other processed shit is the only food cheap enough for them to afford. How it affects them in the long run isn't even a factor, because they don't make enough money to buy healthier food.

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#8746 Post by starku »

Is that really true

I mean if you don't have a stove I can see it

But I can live for a few days on $8 of rice

Add $2 frozen vegetables and shitty diced meat and you're ati way cheaper than happy meals

But I guess poor here means a different thing, and in AU I think it is definitely a cultural thing

I mean whose mothers don't encourage overeating

Gands

#8747 Post by Gands »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:it went from the only people who bitched about tsw being in new testingstan, and me actually going "oh come on you guise take it easy on poor blade" in my brain, to you-krainian two-renters, to all of us laughing at bart blade and the once great contractor can't disclose information clearance level etc. turning into a laughingstock

good times

good times
Yeah. It seemed odd that the only person to get defensive was TimmyC, who went from "you're taking my friends out of context" to "fuck those guys" in like a week.

Zod
perkele

#8748 Post by Zod »

who the fuck is bart blade

Losonti Tokash

#8749 Post by Losonti Tokash »

being poor isn't just about a lack of money, it's also a lack of time, energy, and education

one of the more effective ways to save money on food is to go to the grocery store, right

but in most places here it's damn near impossible to even get to one if you don't have a car, let alone hauling them back and storing them if you've got 4-5 people in a studio/1br apartment that may or may not have a fridge

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#8750 Post by starku »

Stuart spade author of the salvation war and a time traveling seer responsible for all military success of white people throughout history

Los that's what I mean about poor being a different thing there
Inflated convenience store prices probably hit poor people harder than most