Godammed SDN

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

Re: Godammed SDN

#8801 Post by starku »

uraniun235 wrote:
Oxymoron wrote:Mang, States with different laws on the same subjects... What an archaic bullshit.

"States Rights !!!" :duchess:
if there was absolute federal supremacy i'm pretty sure the nation would be worse off in general

which isn't really a defense so much as it is an indictment of the country's culture and society
Americans are so well trained they only see false dilemmas and 'wouldn't work here'

thejester

#8802 Post by thejester »

F.J. Prefect, Esq wrote:Actually if memory serves me right, Darth Wong started a thread asking that question about the usage of 'cocksucker' and other similar slurs. I don't remember how it went. I don't think i want to know, given that I may have posted in it and it's long enough ago that I was still probably pretty fucking stupid.
yeah it was something like 'is there any form of trash talk that isn't misogynist?'

I dunno I'm constantly amazed that anyone would put a dick in their mouth, but it's disingenuous to suggest that the slur is not anchored in homophobia

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#8803 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

It's prolly splitting hairs to try and work out whether it's more about homophobia or more about sexism. In any case it's pretty messed up.

Aaron
El Duderino

#8804 Post by Aaron »

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:
Aaron wrote:Get a hair cut you damn hippy!
Well that's just like, your opinion man...

Sup A, how's you and the wife?
Good man, everyone's happy and healthy. How about you and...I forget the dudes name.

Oxymoron

#8805 Post by Oxymoron »

starku wrote:
uraniun235 wrote:if there was absolute federal supremacy i'm pretty sure the nation would be worse off in general

which isn't really a defense so much as it is an indictment of the country's culture and society
Americans are so well trained they only see false dilemmas and 'wouldn't work here'
I suppose I'm letting my views being colored by the fact I live in a Unitarian Republic whose constitution state in its preamble that it is "One and Indivisible", and not, you know, a Federal Republic.

What's the use of a Federation in the 21th century anyway, now that travel and telecommunications have never been so easy in the history of Mankind ? It's not as if the US would tolerate one its states overtly being (as in its stated in its constitution) Communist, another Fascist, one a Theocracy (oops, sorry I forgot you Utah), another a Native-American ruled state, or something like that. I mean, all things considered States legislation are pretty much uniform anyway, right ? All these little differences and idiosyncrasies seems to be pretty wasteful on an administrative basis and counter productive as far as the Good of the People is concerned...

And why the hell don't you have a Federal Identity Card ?!

TL;DR : Why is it that countries around the world aren't like France ? :v
No.

Aaron
El Duderino

#8806 Post by Aaron »

Oh man, a federal id. Hilarious shit when you talk to yanks about it.

Canada doesn't have one either but your dl, health card or PAL act as one.

Oxymoron

#8807 Post by Oxymoron »

What is PAL ? Do every Canadian Citizen has an Health Card ?

And how are children identified ? If I'm not saying bullshit I think here it's mandatory for kids to get their National ID Card done when they reach 10 - before that they are "property" of the parents or legal guardians.
No.

Losonti Tokash

#8808 Post by Losonti Tokash »

most of the resistance to federal id is politicians wanting it tied to voting rights but also refusing to make them available for free, which fucks over poor people

anyway i love how right out of the gate bak's thread gets responses of "but retards stupid???"

Oxymoron

#8809 Post by Oxymoron »

Censitary Suffrage, we meet again...
No.

Veef

#8810 Post by Veef »

Losonti Tokash wrote: anyway i love how right out of the gate bak's thread gets responses of "but retards stupid???"
gotta make fun of the stupid people :science:

Oxymoron

#8811 Post by Oxymoron »

What I like is Thanas preemptively saying "Let us not turn this into a vendetta shitfest against Flagg, shall we ?". GG, pal. :)
No.

Losonti Tokash

#8812 Post by Losonti Tokash »

^^especially since what prompted this is a certain mod calling someone "mentally I'M A JUGGALO WOOP WOOP" over and over again

poll taxes are certainly a sneaky way of putting in censitary suffrage but arguably we have that right now anyway with how much influence the wealthy have over our elections

Oxymoron

#8813 Post by Oxymoron »

One of the things that is shocking to me as a Frenchman regarding American elections, is how the political campaign function, with lobbies funding ads campaigns and all that shizzle.

In France, the only TV- and Radio-ad political spots are on official schedules (right after the 20h TV journal and before prime-time, everyone getting an equal slice of time to express themselves), and everyone get to have the same screen-time. And these spots are the direct voices of the candidates, not "X association for Y".
The equality of parole-time (how much candidates get to express themselves in the RadioTelevised medias) is very rigidly enforced, and seen as the basis of a sane Democracy. Even the littlest candidates get as much time to express themselves than the President-Candidate.

Mind you, you also won't see ads for Alcohol on TV, and you won't see ads for Tobacco anywhere... That's one of the wonders of having no "First Amendment", I guess ? [Edit : <== Wait what ?! What does it have to do with what I just said ?! Man, maybe I should stop posting...]
No.

Einhander Sn0m4n

#8814 Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Aaron wrote:
Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:
Aaron wrote:Get a hair cut you damn hippy!
Well that's just like, your opinion man...

Sup A, how's you and the wife?
Good man, everyone's happy and healthy. How about you and...I forget the dudes name.
Cass. We're doing FAAAABULOUS! We're one of those couples whose fights always consist of tongue wrestling with beard-on-beard action. :perv: :giggidy: :perv: :giggidy: :perv: :giggidy: :perv:

Last week on Tuesday I lost my wallet, paid off my truck ( :troll: hey there's my bumper sticker breaux!), and quit my job because I got called a dumbass by the owner one too many times, and Friday I quit TEO because Thanas gave me a fucking warning for posting that Jeff Hardy gif in old Testingstan without the proper 56k signage. :words: I ain't even mad. Other than that life's peachy. I'm having a blast!!

Veef

#8815 Post by Veef »

look we have to reward the rich people in this country for having enough money to pay for 24 hour ads to indoctrinate us so we can give them more money and so they can enact policies to give their friends more money

like that classic POLITICAL CARTOON Uraniun posted on TEO :quack:

i guess Obama sorta bucked that by raising money through sheer charisma

Zod
perkele

#8816 Post by Zod »

Oxymoron wrote:What is PAL ? Do every Canadian Citizen has an Health Card ?

And how are children identified ? If I'm not saying bullshit I think here it's mandatory for kids to get their National ID Card done when they reach 10 - before that they are "property" of the parents or legal guardians.
Social Security Numbers. Which are kind of bullshit since identity thieves like preying on children to use their SSNs, and they won't typically discover the acts until they turn 18.

Aaron
El Duderino

#8817 Post by Aaron »

Oxymoron wrote:What is PAL ? Do every Canadian Citizen has an Health Card ?

PAL=gun license. Yes everyone has a health card, even newborns. We all general have a social insurance number as well, and provincial id is available. Also birth certificates are free and issued at birth.

Mr.Coffee

#8818 Post by Mr.Coffee »

Losonti Tokash wrote:i got some pretty awesome messages for unbanning you :v
Seriously? Dude, post some of that shit. I wanna see my hatemail, bro!

Losonti Tokash

#8819 Post by Losonti Tokash »

that incarnation of the board is dead and i didn't save any, sorry

RogueIce
#YOLO

#8820 Post by RogueIce »

F.J. Prefect, Esq wrote:Actually if memory serves me right, Darth Wong started a thread asking that question about the usage of 'cocksucker' and other similar slurs. I don't remember how it went. I don't think i want to know, given that I may have posted in it and it's long enough ago that I was still probably pretty fucking stupid.
I've brought it up once. Don't remember the answers I got, though.
xon wrote:
Zod wrote:sorry no pardons without an executive order
Considering Wong has a image of his wife wearing less than that linked pic in his sig, dragon really should appeal to Wong about it :v
Every thread he posts in should be labelled NSFW. :smug:

But seriously, why the fuck would you browse SDN (or any internet BBS) at work anyway? The whole place should be NSFW by default, I'd think. I mean, I get lunch breaks and bla bla bla, but browsing a place like SDN at work just seems like a bad idea to begin with.

But I guess you gotta have something to get mad over and show those plebes you've get teh powah as a mod. :oinkoink:

Veef

#8821 Post by Veef »

Zod
perkele

#8822 Post by Zod »

RogueIce wrote:
I've brought it up once. Don't remember the answers I got, though.
xon wrote:
Zod wrote:sorry no pardons without an executive order
Considering Wong has a image of his wife wearing less than that linked pic in his sig, dragon really should appeal to Wong about it :v
Every thread he posts in should be labelled NSFW. :smug:

But seriously, why the fuck would you browse SDN (or any internet BBS) at work anyway? The whole place should be NSFW by default, I'd think. I mean, I get lunch breaks and bla bla bla, but browsing a place like SDN at work just seems like a bad idea to begin with.

But I guess you gotta have something to get mad over and show those plebes you've get teh powah as a mod. :oinkoink:
or you could turn off embedded images and sigs?

RogueIce
#YOLO

#8823 Post by RogueIce »

Zod wrote:or you could turn off embedded images and sigs?

Losonti Tokash

#8824 Post by Losonti Tokash »

i usually browse from my phone

i do not need a picture of an ass taking up my whole screen when i am riding the bus home

Mr.Coffee

#8825 Post by Mr.Coffee »

You seriously didn't see that coming? It's Shep, Veef, what he fuck else did you expect?