Godammed SDN

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Akhlut

Re: Godammed SDN

#10851 Post by Akhlut »

evilsoup wrote:man
those guys take themselves way too seriously
how could anyone read that OP and not instantly think 'troll'? FFS...
There's a reason my own reply was trolltastic.

And that's probably why Skin ignored Akhlut's magnificent post. :v

timmy

#10852 Post by timmy »

Haha, youtube comments. Not even going to tell you the vid or the actual comment, just this:
StonewallJackson26 in reply to RonPaulHatesBlacks (Show the comment) 9 hours ago
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

evilsoup

#10853 Post by evilsoup »

stofsk man, not your fault really
trolls can only be successful if they're fed
it's all the idiots that instantly raged out, rather than either going 'troll lol' or trying to engage sensibly, who are the problem

RogueIce
#YOLO

#10854 Post by RogueIce »

Stofsk wrote:
evilsoup wrote:man
those guys take themselves way too seriously
how could anyone read that OP and not instantly think 'troll'? FFS...
For what it's worth, that is exactly what I surmised.

I should have disapproved the post, but I left it alone. imma go fall on my sword now ok guise
So you approved it, or just left it there and someone else did?

Veef

#10855 Post by Veef »

gotta whip out that flame penis

whip whip

Darth Fanboy
has no method to his madness.

#10856 Post by Darth Fanboy »

Fuck this shit. Time for another break or twelve.

Einhander Sn0m4n

#10857 Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Lulz, teo is so damn slow right now. Looks like the Revprez/trekdestroyer/trollkingdom DDoS brigade adjusted their fires...

Djinnkitty83

#10858 Post by Djinnkitty83 »

Zod wrote:Because I'm morbidly curious, what kind of scam?
They operated within the letter of the law, so there wasn't much I could do about it. It basically turned out to be the door-to-door salesman style job that makes its money by hiring a lot of people, convincing them to sell products to friends and family for massively inflated prices for 'practice'(who tend to buy more out of pity than anything else), then shedding over 95% of new hires after that initial profit is made off of them and before they have to start paying commissions for sales.

Thankfully another shitty, but not quite so shitty job got back to me and I managed to ditch the scam for something that was crap but at least not borderline fraud.

Zod
perkele

#10859 Post by Zod »

Djinnkitty83 wrote:
Zod wrote:Because I'm morbidly curious, what kind of scam?
They operated within the letter of the law, so there wasn't much I could do about it. It basically turned out to be the door-to-door salesman style job that makes its money by hiring a lot of people, convincing them to sell products to friends and family for massively inflated prices for 'practice'(who tend to buy more out of pity than anything else), then shedding over 95% of new hires after that initial profit is made off of them and before they have to start paying commissions for sales.

Thankfully another shitty, but not quite so shitty job got back to me and I managed to ditch the scam for something that was crap but at least not borderline fraud.
Sounds marginally better than one of my first real jobs, which involved "telesales" by calling up people to tell them they'd "won" a vacation package, and all they had to do was cough up a $400 fee for it. :colbert:

Didn't last long needless to say.

Einhander Sn0m4n

#10860 Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Ah, multi-level marketing. Best way to turn a job into a negative-sum game in existence.

Djinnkitty83

#10861 Post by Djinnkitty83 »

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=155465

lolraynor

"When no one criticizes the prequels so I can leap to their defense, my life has no meaning, so now I have to go out and look for criticisms myself!"

Pieman

#10862 Post by Pieman »

starku wrote:are you 12
Obviously yes. How did you find me out?

Nietzslime
Give these people air!

#10863 Post by Nietzslime »

Djinnkitty83 wrote:http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=155465

lolraynor

"When no one criticizes the prequels so I can leap to their defense, my life has no meaning, so now I have to go out and look for criticisms myself!"
psw is a wasteland
Europe: Genocide-free since at least 1996.

xon

#10864 Post by xon »

Nietzslime wrote:psw is a wasteland
It was a wasteland a long long time ago.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#10865 Post by Phantasee »

xon wrote:
Nietzslime wrote:psw is a wasteland
It was a wasteland a long long time ago.
I can still remember how
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Djinnkitty83

#10866 Post by Djinnkitty83 »

In more relevant news, a gate to Hell has opened up in our apartment and the first minions of the infernal legion are coming through:

I need a chunky military deskhumper has-been, pronto!

Nietzslime
Give these people air!

#10867 Post by Nietzslime »

frod your valiant but futile effort in that psw thread reminds me

and i have no idea how many people have said this

is that i think the biggest problem with the prequels is really just that star wars hasn't actually done anything interesting with itself since empire strikes back

return of the jedi told basically the story that you expected after the first two

and the prequel trilogy was even less interesting because we all already knew the ending and the story itself just delivered exactly the sort of story that you would expect to see of the clone wars, and anakin was basically the sort of guy who would turn into vader, etc, except it was also bad

nothing in the prequels makes you re-evaluate the original trilogy in a new light, y'know

which is sort of the only useful thing you can do with a prequel, creatively speaking

whereas the revelations and character work in empire definitely allow you to see new things in the first film (and the revelations in jedi, again, don't, really)

i dunno if i'm making myself clear

but i guess what i mean to say is that at least having 'obi-wan isn't what you thought he was AT ALL' is a good step in the right direction
Europe: Genocide-free since at least 1996.

evilsoup

#10868 Post by evilsoup »

the star wars prequels could have been good, if they'd been made it more like a tragedy (which would mean changing anakin's character pretty drastically), and if they'd kept the robots & all the other unnecessary callbacks to the original films out of it

Agent Bert Macklin

#10869 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

What I get a kick out of is that people think there is inner conflict with Anakin before he kills the younglings. The conflict died after he helped Palpatine with Windu. Yes, there's a tear on his face, but it's not there because of the conflict. The dude just died inside.

evilsoup

#10870 Post by evilsoup »

man
anakin killing the kids was pretty stupid
I guess because it seemed to me like he went 'OK PALPANTINE I WILL NOW WORK FOR EVIL' so suddenly (his fall happened far too quickly and for basically no reason) and then someone decided ok we've got to show this guy is EVIL now; and then two minutes later he's killing a bunch of kids

Oxymoron

#10871 Post by Oxymoron »

'ave just seen they finally kicked HMS Shipwreck out over there.

Should I launch a Timeswap RAR to celebrate ? :v
No.

Agent Bert Macklin

#10872 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

I agree his fall happened too quickly. He helps with Windu, is all "What have I done" and then proceeds to "yes, master." God. I like RotS quite a bit, but I cannot deny that extreme fault.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#10873 Post by RogueIce »

Nietzslime wrote:but i guess what i mean to say is that at least having 'obi-wan isn't what you thought he was AT ALL' is a good step in the right direction
I'm divided on the "Clone Wars = Cloned Jedi vs Real Jedi" angle, but I just have to say that ANH Obi-wan being a clone OB-1 would have been really stupid.

Like, stupider than Kid Anakin or even Jar Jar Binks. Also way more annoying than 'lolz Boba Fett = Grand Army of the Republic' not because I really hate on the idea but because it gave Traviss the perfect excuse for Mando'a wank.

Actually now I wonder how things would have been different with the whole "Fandos vs Talifan" thing if Boba Fett had never been included in AotC.

Maybe I should make a RAR about it.

Darth Fanboy
has no method to his madness.

#10874 Post by Darth Fanboy »

no.

Djinnkitty83

#10875 Post by Djinnkitty83 »

I don't care how I'M A JUGGALO WOOP WOOP the theory Raynor's attacking may or may not be, I'm just amused by the fact that Raynor's delivering the Imperial-Smackdown(tm) to... a cracked.com article. One that he posted himself and wasn't seriously put forward by anyone else.

Way to maintain the dignity and integrity of your sacred cow against those vicious, slandering, satire columns.