Site Admin

Re: Godammed SDN

#11526 Post by adr-admin »

it is so nice to have my chair again

sitting on the floor sux

timmy

#11527 Post by timmy »

For the first time in eight years I felt genuinely embarrassed by my workplace.

As part of some marketing kiss-arse we in the front office were forced to wear the scarves of a particular football team this afternoon.

Sales and Marketing manager couldn't maintain eye contact as I asked her how we're supposed to feel proud to wear our own uniform when we become animate billboards for something else entirely.

I know it's all petty but I need to vent
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

zhaktronz

#11528 Post by zhaktronz »

just blame the carbon tax

thejester

#11529 Post by thejester »

timmy wrote:For the first time in eight years I felt genuinely embarrassed by my workplace.

As part of some marketing kiss-arse we in the front office were forced to wear the scarves of a particular football team this afternoon.

Sales and Marketing manager couldn't maintain eye contact as I asked her how we're supposed to feel proud to wear our own uniform when we become animate billboards for something else entirely.

I know it's all petty but I need to vent
was it north melbourne or hawthorn

edit: lock in north

timmy

#11530 Post by timmy »

Shhhhh we're not dropping team names or anything Jest

I've had pressure from 'above' that there's money riding on this thing and we need to look happy

Jesus, I do not like the precedent on this

-thejester

xon

#11531 Post by xon »

timmy wrote:Jesus, I do not like the precedent on this
This is you passing an intelligence test.

thejester

#11532 Post by thejester »

oh sorry dude

what I meant to say (totally coincidentally) was that there's a football game being played in hobart this weekend between north melbourne and west coast

[I suspect North, having won everyone over last week, are not only going to lose but lose badly]

timmy

#11533 Post by timmy »

Musing aloud in the direction of the curtains, you might just be right.

-thejester

Questor

#11534 Post by Questor »

The Higgs Boson thread is embarrassing.

"Does this mean Mass Effect is possible?"

Ugh

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#11535 Post by Phantasee »

SMARTEST BOARD ON THE INTERNET MILES

SMARTEST

BOARD

ON THE INNERNET

(its the inner netting of bathing suits)
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Aaron
El Duderino

#11536 Post by Aaron »

Questor wrote:The Higgs Boson thread is embarrassing.

"Does this mean Mass Effect is possible?"

Ugh
I imagine it'll be blue alien sex any day now.

Einhander Sn0m4n

#11537 Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Phantasee wrote:(its the inner netting of bathing suits)
I used to cut those out, then I switched to speedos and ain't looked back since :sun: oh god that reminds me I need a burqini because I'm fucking ginger!! :argh:

Questor

#11538 Post by Questor »

Why hasn't Sarevok been banned?

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#11539 Post by Phantasee »

racist
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Zod
perkele

#11540 Post by Zod »

Questor wrote:Why hasn't Sarevok been banned?
he should have been banned over the pacman debacle but meh

Losonti Tokash

#11541 Post by Losonti Tokash »

it's a fair bet they keep that whole thing in mind

my faovrite bit was how the product page for his plagiarism had 3 reviews, 2 of which were by him or his "company"

RogueIce
#YOLO

#11542 Post by RogueIce »

Aaron wrote:I imagine it'll be blue alien sex any day now.
:giggidy:

Losonti Tokash

#11543 Post by Losonti Tokash »

seanrobertson wrote:
General Zod wrote:
Ralin wrote:I understand why Republicans push this sort of thing but I gotta be honest, I have a really hard time justifying the idea that I need photo ID to buy a six pack of beer but not to vote.
Where is the evidence that this sort of voter fraud is a problem anyway? The only sort of voter fraud I ever hear about on any kind of wide scale actually being convicted involves Republicans removing qualified voters from the polls.
I only have anecdotal evidence.

Shortly after my maternal grandmother and aunt voted in '08, they were approached by a man talking on a cellphone in the parking lot. They'd seen him in the line to vote just ahead of them.

He asked them, "Missus', what's the name of this town?" Taken aback, my aunt said, "Gastonia." He motioned thanks and went back to his phone conversation. He said something to the effect, "OK, we went to Belmont and are leaving Gastonia now. Next stop is Shelby."

Neat trick, having to ask other voters what town he just voted in.

Immediately thereafter, my grandmother ran into an acquaintance and got stuck in a stop and chat. Meanwhile, Mr. Geography Champ piled onto a church bus with a bunch of other people, presumably to pull the same stunt in Shelby. Whether he was successful or not, I certainly don't know. How common people like him are -- unknown. But it has happened. On principle alone, that's enough to put me firmly in the "no identification, no vote" camp.

Agent Bert Macklin

#11544 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Zod wrote:
Do you have a link for this? Because I keep hearing about it and I am completely lost.

Agent Bert Macklin

#11545 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

I got it. Never mind.

Zod
perkele

#11546 Post by Zod »

Knubble tov wrote:
Denverite wrote:
Do you have a link for this? Because I keep hearing about it and I am completely lost.
http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 2#p3594992

Oxymoron

#11547 Post by Oxymoron »

Losonti Tokash wrote:
seanrobertson wrote:
General Denverite wrote:
Ralin wrote:I understand why Republicans push this sort of thing but I gotta be honest, I have a really hard time justifying the idea that I need photo ID to buy a six pack of beer but not to vote.
Where is the evidence that this sort of voter fraud is a problem anyway? The only sort of voter fraud I ever hear about on any kind of wide scale actually being convicted involves Republicans removing qualified voters from the polls.
I only have anecdotal evidence.

Shortly after my maternal grandmother and aunt voted in '08, they were approached by a man talking on a cellphone in the parking lot. They'd seen him in the line to vote just ahead of them.

He asked them, "Missus', what's the name of this town?" Taken aback, my aunt said, "Gastonia." He motioned thanks and went back to his phone conversation. He said something to the effect, "OK, we went to Belmont and are leaving Gastonia now. Next stop is Shelby."

Neat trick, having to ask other voters what town he just voted in.

Immediately thereafter, my grandmother ran into an acquaintance and got stuck in a stop and chat. Meanwhile, Mr. Geography Champ piled onto a church bus with a bunch of other people, presumably to pull the same stunt in Shelby. Whether he was successful or not, I certainly don't know. How common people like him are -- unknown. But it has happened. On principle alone, that's enough to put me firmly in the "no identification, no vote" camp.
Hmmm... Yeah ? What's the point ? "No ID, no vote" is a sensible policy.

Now, why the US still has no universal federal-level Citizen ID card is something that always amaze me.
No.

Questor

#11548 Post by Questor »

General Zod wrote:
Skgoa wrote:
General Zod wrote: So Germany's full of cannibals right? I won't be eaten if I visit will I?
Why is it that americans get this childish every time a negative point about the US is mentioned?
Why is it that idiots whine about having their own logic thrown back in their face?
Because, while it is perfectly appropriate to demonize the United States for it's historic and infrequent events, one should never do the same to those historic bastions of Civil Rights and compassion, France, The UK, and most especially not Germany.

Zod
perkele

#11549 Post by Zod »

Oxymoron wrote: Hmmm... Yeah ? What's the point ? "No ID, no vote" is a sensible policy.

Now, why the US still has no universal federal-level Citizen ID card is something that always amaze me.
Nobody's saying it's not sensible. The problem is making a photo ID the only form of ID the polls will accept.

Losonti Tokash

#11550 Post by Losonti Tokash »

i posted it because he invented a whole conspiracy theory out of a guy basically asking for help with directions

anyway i'd have no trouble with photo id being required if it's free and easily available to voters

but if it's something that costs money and is a pain for people to get, then it's illegal