Godammed SDN

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Questor

Re: Godammed SDN

#12001 Post by Questor »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:maybe they did it precisely because they didnt think it was worth it anymore
I was really referring to the effort involved in caring enough to go out like that. Why not just change your email address to a random string?

Djinnkitty83

#12002 Post by Djinnkitty83 »

Questor wrote:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:maybe they did it precisely because they didnt think it was worth it anymore
I was really referring to the effort involved in caring enough to go out like that. Why not just change your email address to a random string?
Because they haven't cared for so long, this was an opportunity to cash in on actually having a brief moment of fun and ending their TEO-time with an actual punctuation mark rather than just sort of petering out. If it's the same result either way, why not get some definite satisfaction rather than just drawing it out indefinitely?

Jung

#12003 Post by Jung »

You know this might be me being paranoid but I can't help thinking

Deleting all adr's posts is like information control shit there

Like this is how I might expect a threatened regime to react to subversive material. Minimize the exposure of people to the actual material, which you do not control and is therefore dangerous, rather have discussion occur through the filter of the approved viewpoint, so you are better able to control the message.

Like I said, it might be just paranoia ... but sometimes I do have the feeling Wong and other prominent SDN guys really do have this fear that their board will be somehow corrupted.

Edit: and in a way, is this so baseless?

I mean it seemed to me like lately adr, bakustra etc. had taken a low-key attempt to improve SDN a bit, make the place a bit less of a circle-jerk, among other things.

And the people who liked the circle-jerk see what was happening, didn't like that, and are fighting back?
Last edited by Jung on Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Shroom Man 777
The Mang, the Myth, the Legend.

#12004 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Questor wrote:
yeah, i know rite

whenever i saw buck ustra or destro go on about their spiels in the past of their great exploits argumentating with those guise

i was always like, mang, why do you guise even bother

anyway, i hope after this one final bother, they can finally be free

and be less fat

Djinnkitty83

#12005 Post by Djinnkitty83 »

And to pre-empt a possible response, I'm pretty certain most involved were on the borderline, continuing to post mostly because they held some slight shred of hope that they could continue to mine the occasional diamond from the pile of crap that they saw TEO as... but were pushed over the edge after seeing the board owner effectively banning someone because they wouldn't stop disagreeing with him.

Zablorg
Baron of the Burrito

#12006 Post by Zablorg »

this is the best thing i've ever seen

you are banned

and you are banned

and you are banned!

EDIT: also zak what the fuck man

Oxymoron

#12007 Post by Oxymoron »

Jung wrote:You know this might be me being paranoid but I can't help thinking

Like this is how I might expect a threatened regime to react to subversive material. Minimize the exposure of people to the actual material, which you do not control and is therefore dangerous, rather have discussion occur through the filter of the approved viewpoint, so you are better able to control the message.

Like I said, it might be just paranoia ... but sometimes I do have the feeling Wong and other prominent SDN guys really do have this fear that their board will be somehow corrupted.
Either you're too naive or I'm too cynical, but do you mean this isn't exactly what's happening ?
No.

evilsoup

#12008 Post by evilsoup »

for me at least, well, partly I was bored with that place
but mostly I was actually pissed off at bakustra & his majesty getting banned
it's not like I really lost anything of value, most of the people I enjoyed talking to there are here, and those that aren't I have other ways of contacting

evilsoup

#12009 Post by evilsoup »

also, lol @ the new motto

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#12010 Post by Phantasee »

starku wrote:This is why you don't read slam guys
truth
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Jung

#12011 Post by Jung »

Oxymoron wrote:Either you're too naive or I'm too cynical, but do you mean this isn't exactly what's happening ?
I figure it might just be Wong wanting to give adr a big middle finger.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#12012 Post by Phantasee »

Jung wrote:You know this might be me being paranoid but I can't help thinking

Edit: and in a way, is this is baseless?

I mean it seemed to me like lately adr, bakustra etc. had taken a low-key attempt to improve SDN a bit, make the place a bit less of a circle-jerk, among other things.

And the people who liked the circle-jerk see what was happening, didn't like that, and are fighting back?
i'm feeling it
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Djinnkitty83

#12013 Post by Djinnkitty83 »

Jung, you're completely right.

Yet... who cares? It's just a sad little web-board that was entertaining for a bit, but is probably never going to top that little admin-temper-tantrum. It's just not important enough to merit worry over the theoretically totalitarian mindsets of impotent board owners.

EDIT: Completely right about the totalitarianism bit. ...and about adr and baks and others trying to actually get productive discussion started there again rather than the usual echo-chamber, but the 'who cares' is directed towards the former and not the latter. I liked the latter and might have actually started posting again if it started showing results.

However, this little fiasco makes it pretty clear: They are not interested in productive discussion. Toe the line or be shown the door and all. Oh well, goodbye TEO, nothing of value was lost.
Last edited by Djinnkitty83 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

evilsoup

#12014 Post by evilsoup »

the only way to improve this is for more people to drink the kool-aid
see if we can get double-digit banning in that thread

Oxymoron

#12015 Post by Oxymoron »

Well, I've stopped caring about that place for a few months now, so I haven't been able to observe any recent changes there could have been.

Did it really feel there was some... change... going on ?
No.

Zablorg
Baron of the Burrito

#12016 Post by Zablorg »

man i am actually kind of bummed because i wanted to see where it was going you know

because i am not (as I assume bakustra is) the costumed vigilante V i don't actually know whether anarchist ethics work out or not

Mike said they demonstrably did not

and while bak's flourishing is all rather entertaining i think it did distract from the point which got Mike very cranky

Oxymoron

#12017 Post by Oxymoron »

evilsoup wrote:the only way to improve this is for more people to drink the kool-aid
see if we can get double-digit banning in that thread
Sorry, but I'm too pretty to get banned. :sun:
No.

Shroom Man 777

#12018 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Djinnkitty83 wrote:Jung, you're completely right.

Yet... who cares? It's just a sad little web-board that was entertaining for a bit, but is probably never going to top that little admin-temper-tantrum. It's just not important enough to merit worry over the theoretically totalitarian mindsets of impotent board owners.
exactly man

blargh gragh thought control information control gene control ID control when everything is controlled war becomes routine snaaake might matter if it was some country getting oppressed by THE PATRIOTSLALILULELO or some shit and its all important

but some web board full of sad sacks? why should we give a shit over that

which is why the whole blarggragh martyr for truth justice freedomocracy fuck yoooouuu *gets banned* thang with destro and buck ustra is pretty silly and ridiculous though great fun and hilarious and awesome

and rly the best thing that can be gained from it is that destro and buck finally get rid of this waste of time thats bothering their brains

maybe they realized that yeah, teo isn't worth it and might as well have some lols before ditching that place

and maybe other folks to realize that yeah, its also a waste of time

Djinnkitty83

#12019 Post by Djinnkitty83 »

I'd totally go out in a blaze of glory. But I haven't posted there in so long my efforts would be rightfully labeled as a cheap attempt to cash in on the bannedwagon. I'd rather go out making a point than just being an attention whore.

Not that I'm not an attention whore.

Oxymoron

#12020 Post by Oxymoron »

what "pisses me off" (warning : hyperbole) is that by erasing all of Destro's posts, Wong has shit over a number of my own threads. It's the same kind of vandalizing that got people on Shep's back when he flushed testing a few weeks ago ; but here noone is going to say anything, because, well, "his board, his rules", right ?

I'm not getting worked over it, by the way. I'm just... consider it as part of a "debrief" on my part. Edit : I'm getting all the toxins out of my system, so to speak.
No.

Shroom Man 777

#12021 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Djinnkitty83 wrote:I'd totally go out in a blaze of glory. But I haven't posted there in so long my efforts would be rightfully labeled as a cheap attempt to cash in on the bannedwagon. I'd rather go out making a point than just being an attention whore.

Not that I'm not an attention whore.
why bother with a blaze of anything? who cares

spend that time making some tight leather gothic manwhore regalia rather than wasting it on typing loveletters to those fatties

it will be more worth it and you'll end up looking prettier, or something

Aaron
El Duderino

#12022 Post by Aaron »

Yes! More swords the size of a kite!

Assuming I have the right guy.

Shroom Man 777

#12023 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

buster sword

kroudu geostigma

seraphirorothu!

evil albinos

giant motorbikes

hai!

loveless

men cry not for themselves but for their comrades

Losonti Tokash

#12024 Post by Losonti Tokash »

starku wrote:Did you just combine patriots and ariloulaleelay

That's amazing
man i never understood why "la li lu le lo" was a nickname for the patriots in mgs

it'd be like if we sometimes called the illuminati the "h i j k"

Shroom Man 777

#12025 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

because hideo kojima is a lunatic

i used the word 'revengeance' before he did

that motherfucker