Board RPG Thing?

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

Re: Board RPG Thing?

#126 Post by Bakustra »

Akhlut: Joaquin remembers that the Rutherford girl hung out at a hookah bar that had opened up on M-125 north of Saint-Germain. He also notices a car driving carefully through the neighborhood, never going above 5 below the speed limit. The driver, however, isn't visible enough to tell any more about.

Los: Dr. Tokash is interrupted by a knock at his office door. His receptionist walks in. (Please tell me a little about the receptionist).

Akhlut

#127 Post by Akhlut »

Joaquin eyed the car driving through his neighborhood carefully, being sure to get the plate, make, and model. No one drives less than 5 above the speed limit here, so this pendejo was very out of the ordinary. He certainly couldn't call the cops on these assholes, but he'd keep an eye on them for now and never keep his pistol out of reach.

But, for now, the Rutherford girl. Hell, it'd been a while since he'd been out anyway, and a hookah bar seemed nice. After all, there was that time he went to Libya to help Colonel Khaddaffi...Qudaffi...Gidaphi? Whoever the hell he was, that's not important, what was important is the went to a hookah bar a few times and had fun. So, now he would go to this one and try to find something out about this girl.

Bakustra

#128 Post by Bakustra »

Akhlut wrote:Joaquin eyed the car driving through his neighborhood carefully, being sure to get the plate, make, and model. No one drives less than 5 above the speed limit here, so this pendejo was very out of the ordinary. He certainly couldn't call the cops on these assholes, but he'd keep an eye on them for now and never keep his pistol out of reach.

But, for now, the Rutherford girl. Hell, it'd been a while since he'd been out anyway, and a hookah bar seemed nice. After all, there was that time he went to Libya to help Colonel Khaddaffi...Qudaffi...Gidaphi? Whoever the hell he was, that's not important, what was important is the went to a hookah bar a few times and had fun. So, now he would go to this one and try to find something out about this girl.
(It's closed right now- we're in the mid-evening and things close early in this town. I'll take that as you going tomorrow :))

Akhlut

#129 Post by Akhlut »

(ah, si, senor)

Akhlut

#130 Post by Akhlut »

(by the by, does Joaquin get the make, model, and plate numbers off the car?)

Bakustra

#131 Post by Bakustra »

Akhlut wrote:(by the by, does Joaquin get the make, model, and plate numbers off the car?)
(Yes but I have to define them, which may take a bit ;)).

Questor

#132 Post by Questor »

Ray wakes up in the faculty lounge, he looks to see if he finished grading the assignments (?)

Then he walks out, carrying lots of papers and tries to run to his first class, passing the biology lab.

Nietzslime
Give these people air!

#133 Post by Nietzslime »

Baks-kun wrote:
He finds an aerosol of isoflurane and opens the box, holding it at the ready. Inside is what looks like the common bullfrog, rana catesbeiana, but its body alone is about nine inches long, and it's seven inches wide at the widest point. One eye is horribly undersized for the rest of the head, looking for all the world like a catesbiana's eye put in this Pantagruel of frogs. Norville sprays the hell out of the frog and it dozes off. Looking closely, he also notes that its left front foot is malformed, with two of the "fingers" fused together. Bill the kid says, "It was just lying there. Barely moved at all when I grabbed it."
'Well, this is damned peculiar, but a lot of these are pretty common as mutations among amphibians. When I was a kid I had a salamander with a different number of toes on every foot. Still, big motherfucker! I wouldn't get your hopes up for having discovered a new subspecies, but it'll definitely make a hell of specimen for the department. I'll take some samples" - like I haven't got anything better to do - "and you can stay and assist if you want." He leaves the 'and if this does turn out to be something interesting, you get some of the credit when I publish' unsaid.

Transfixed by curiosity for the first time since he last saw Lake Albert, Norville takes some blood, stool, skin cells, etc. from the creature, and starts taking more precise measurements of its body, mass and limbs. When he's done with it he lays it gingerly in a terrarium with a few cave crickets and fruit flies for when it awakes, and does his best with the tools in a small town community college to analyze what he can get from it.
Europe: Genocide-free since at least 1996.

Zablorg
Baron of the Burrito

#134 Post by Zablorg »

The flat Zab's friend usually occupied was instead empty. This didn't help Zab's growing sense of urgency. Why wouldn't he be there? Surely no-one would pass up a chance to spend a quiet evening drinking with a handsome and witty person?

No-one... except a dead person.

So Zab headed towards the river, where he was all but certain he would find his friend's corpse, all needled up.

Zab had just passed up an opportunity to do something fun so that he could get muddy and slip around a river-bank in the rain looking for the hypothetical corpse of his vague acquaintance.

I'm a god-damned super-hero, he reassured himself.

Bakustra

#135 Post by Bakustra »

Nietz: What little you can tell from a cursory examination lets you know that something is odd with this frog. Its blood is discolored, oddly pale. It is ~70 cm in length from toe to toe. All around the body there are areas that are disproportionate to the size of the frog. Patches of skin tight as a drum, one toe seems to be collapsed on the right rear foot because the bone is so much smaller than the flesh around it- and the area around the spleen is oddly hard. Genetic analysis will have to wait, of course.

Zabs: Zabby doesn't find his friend's corpse. He doesn't find any corpses. But he does find, in a little embankment, a waterproofed messenger bag, with a padlock on it.

Bakustra

#136 Post by Bakustra »

(Akhlut: The car is a '05 Honda Accord, white, plate numbers A6I0B9).

Losonti Tokash

#137 Post by Losonti Tokash »

Tokash looked up to see who had so rudely interrupted his distractions and found his receptionist, Cliff, poking his head into the office. The man was gigantic, easily reaching 7 feet and a few hundred pounds. Maybe not the most inviting face to present to his patients and the world, but the man had already proven himself adept at reminding the good doctor to do things like "pay your lease" and "buy malpractice insurance."

"I swear I'm almost finished. Need anything?"

Bakustra

#138 Post by Bakustra »

Losonti Tokash wrote:Tokash looked up to see who had so rudely interrupted his distractions and found his receptionist, Cliff, poking his head into the office. The man was gigantic, easily reaching 7 feet and a few hundred pounds. Maybe not the most inviting face to present to his patients and the world, but the man had already proven himself adept at reminding the good doctor to do things like "pay your lease" and "buy malpractice insurance."

"I swear I'm almost finished. Need anything?"
"Just letting you know that I'm outta here. I've already put up the closed sign. Have a good night, Doctor."

And with that, Cliff was gone, or at least as fast as a man like he could go.

Zablorg
Baron of the Burrito

#139 Post by Zablorg »

Zabby lifts the bag warily, getting a feel for the weight of it. Can he cut it open? Pick the lock? Should he bring it to his pent-house?

Losonti Tokash

#140 Post by Losonti Tokash »

How is that even possible? Cliff had vanished from the clinic before Tokash had even had time to get halfway through "thank you." He shrugged it off, worked his way through the remaining paperwork as quickly as he could, and went to shut the lights off. He'd leave the paperwork for Cliff to dispose of when he came in the next morning. As he stepped out into the rain, Tokash noted with some annoyance that the lights on the front of his building were already flickering. Muttering about how the whole town felt like the setting in a horror film, he started making his way home to his apartment.

Oxymoron

#141 Post by Oxymoron »

Baks-kun wrote:Henry's hand accidentally pushes the chair forward slightly, and the girl slumps onto the table. She makes no sound but breathing, and her eyes remain in the same position, open, staring. Henry feels his pulse quicken for a second. (Henry loses 1 sanity point).
His heart pounding, Henry recoil reflexively.

Taken aback for a few second, and after verifying she's still alive, he then do the first logical things in his mind : calling 911. Waiting for the number to compose, he cry-out for the page to come.
No.

Straha
Lecturer

#142 Post by Straha »

Baks-kun wrote:
Straha: Dale's surveillance turns up nothing noteworthy tonight.
After it becomes clear that nothing will happen, Dale stops off in a diner to get a late dinner (pasta and a side salad, with an order of home fries) and then heads back to his clean, cheap, no-frills motel. He plans to be in the local post office early tomorrow, as always, probably around 10. Give or take half an hour.
"Is it not part of being erotically experienced, however, to know that the desire to enter the other can lead one to the wrong entrance?" - Peter Sloterdijk

"Ethics is endless, the law is terminal." - Paul Mann

Nietzslime
Give these people air!

#143 Post by Nietzslime »

With nothing left to do barring either killing the damn thing or waiting on his ass for more expensive analyses, Norville decides to take advantage of his buzz with a walk to the bar for a drink or two before he goes to bed.
Europe: Genocide-free since at least 1996.

Akhlut

#144 Post by Akhlut »

As the car is long gone and the hookah bar probably won't be open bright and early, Joaquin decides to head to the local diner to get something to eat tonight. He'll eat breakfast tonight.