adr-admin
Site Admin

Re: HPCAlarity!

#151 Post by adr-admin »

a glitch in the matrix

Oxymoron

#152 Post by Oxymoron »

I must be a walking bug, then, because oh boy do I have déjà-vu often...
No.

Aaron
El Duderino

#153 Post by Aaron »

Ask Duchess, she apparently felt she had to parrot racist and disgusting views in order to post.

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#154 Post by Bakustra »

Oxymoron wrote:Burning books is against my ethics

plus I like to keep them, as some kind of remainder

of what I'm not sure though

Though if someone here wanted to read the books I'd be okay with mailing the package to them.
I'd have a bit of trouble explaining this to family but I'd like at least one of them out of a sense of morbid curiosity if you're up to transatlantic shipping. I figure if all else fails I can gather other people with sick senses of humor and we can laugh at it.
Oxymoron wrote: so, anyway, there's a question I've been asking myself for a while... what's HPCA's stance on transexuality ?

I mean, I'm pretty sure they see any kind of transexual as weirdos, but do they see them as "weirdos to kill/maim/burn", or just "weirdos to ignore/look down upon" ?
Actually, if we go by Rob Herrick, it seems that what they hate are "out" individuals, or more precisely people who actively work towards making things better for an identity and people who transgress. So transsexuals are okay if they rigidly maintain HPCA conceptions of gender roles at all times of contact and are not activists, much like how Rob Herrick is accepted by them because he comes across as very traditionally masculine and hates gay rights groups. They are generally on the verge of fascism, but it is a modern fascism that hates not gays and transsexuals but rather transgressions against their conception of what is okay. Gays and transsexuals can remain so long as they are stuffed into the closet and only come out in a very straight-presenting way. But that's just my guess.

Dooey Jo

#155 Post by Dooey Jo »

It had been a simple road accident, almost mundane. The column of South African trucks had been heading south, on their way to an embarkation port when a young child had run right out in front of the convoy. The lead vehicle had absolutely no chance to stop and it had run him over. The vehicle behind had done the same and so had the one behind that. By the time the convoy had stopped, the child was very obviously very, very dead. The local police had arrived and started to take statements but Klaas had noted nobody seemed to care very much. One woman was weeping quietly but that was all. From her age, she was probably the child's mother.

"Don't you distress yourself, Sergeant." Klaas noted she had his rank right and spoke good English. Mission-taught no doubt. "Nobody liked that little monster. Uppity child, always telling everybody what to do. And this is a good, god-fearing Catholic village. Why his father converted to Moslem we can't understand but he's been a great distress to us all.

"Sergeant?" A painfully young South African officer was calling him. "The police have finished interviewing the truck drivers. They are reporting this as a sad accident caused by a child not being taught to respect traffic properly. Between you and me, most of the village do not seem too sympathetic to the family and the child was very unpopular with the others here. They called him the abomination. Apparently it's a play on his name, you know how much Africans like word games.
from a very purely writing perspective this verily pisses the very me off, very, very much veryveryveryvery

they called him the abomination

it was a play on his name

and he was an moslum

and he was telling everybody what to do like children do

and no one liked him

AND HIS NAME WAS OBAMA HAHA DO YOU GET IT PRETTY SUBTLE RIGHT HERE HAVE SOME MORE POINTLESS ADVERBS

jesus why can't he just write "and OBAMA'S DAD was there and he FCUKIGN DIED AAHAHAHA" and save everyone some time
DracuLax - when even Death can't scare the shit out of you

Gands

#156 Post by Gands »

is it some sort of thing that "Africans love word games"?

Dooey Jo

#157 Post by Dooey Jo »

well there are only hundreds of different cultures in africa so that statement is as hilarious as it is contextually meaningless
DracuLax - when even Death can't scare the shit out of you

evilsoup

#158 Post by evilsoup »

they love word games, just like children

Losonti Tokash

#159 Post by Losonti Tokash »

it's probably the least bad thing in there since you could at least rationalize that european soldiers in the 50 or whatever were racist as hell

thejester

#160 Post by thejester »

thing is even his devoted followers thought it was a bridge too far

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#161 Post by Bakustra »

Rob Herrick wrote:
Chris Mathewson UK wrote:There’s a huge leap from presumed consent of organ donation after a person dies to the State enforcing medical experimentation etc on still living people. I think you’re being a tad melodramatic, frankly. Even if, for whatever reason, you want to keep your organs after you die then you can opt out and that’s that. End of story.
It's not being melodramatic. It's an everyday facet of the research world. Medical textbooks, ethics literature and the popular press are full of examples where doctors and scientists didn't bother to ask people if they wanted to say no. If you think for a second in your presumed consent world that they would bother to give you the opportunity to say no, you have got to be the dumbest, most trusting person on the planet.

It's full of unscrupulous folks who'll do WHATEVER THE *** THEY WANT to people just because they think it's right. There's plenty of people who will wave a hand and say "do whatever you think is best, doc." Or there are people so desperate that they will do anything, and if you don't believe that there are vultures waiting to swoop in and get them to do anything, I have a bridge to sell you. Or there are people who are not intellectually capable of giving - or revoking - consent, let alone knowing what the hell it is you're actually going to do. We also have populations - like prison inmates and military members - who are a hell of a lot more vulnerable to coersion and therefore in need of extra precautions to make sure any consent is voluntary.

A chief of a neurology department just got busted by the Feds a week or two ago for intentionally infecting the brains of cancer patients, because apparently brain infections caused one brain cancer patient to live a tiny bit longer. So he decided, being the high and mighty head of Neurology, that it was "treatment," not research, and promptly violated every research protocol in the books. He killed two of the three people he tried it on, and is still completely unrepentant and rather pissed off that the muckety mucks at the IRB and the Feds dare question that he knows best. That's after 40 YEARS of the IRB system, which is hammered into the heads of every first year medical and grad student on the planet.

That's the kind of world we live in. Try being a white guy doing research on the Navajo - it's never ever going to happen, because their IRB will never ever EVER approve a research protocol for a white doctor again. Because scientists assumed they had carte blance to do whatever the *** they wanted with samples and data they got and never bothered to ask people if it was okay to use their medical samples in genetics studies of alcoholism, insanity, and origins of the Navajo. You know how they found out they were getting screwed with their pants on? Because a Navajo who'd given genetic material walked into a presentation by a master's student who had been using those biospecimens because their advisor said go ahead and use them. Who cares what the people who gave them wanted? They signed some consent form, so we can presume they'll consent to whatever we want - no need to ask. This was in the late 1990s/early 2000s, by the way.

It's an established fact that one of the major reasons African-Americans don't seek medical care in this country is the legacy of Tuskeegee. People are treated for diseases later than they should be - and many times aren't seen until the disease is too far gone to be treated - because they are afraid they will be experimented on. One study, hundreds crippled or dead, and the bodies keep piling up. Because people presumed somebody would be okay with being a guinea pig, and people weren't. One of the studies I work with is a cohort of 10,000 people who lived within 5mi of a uranium refinery, who, thanks to 35,000 separate documented violations of state, local and Federal law, were exposed to considerable amounts of uranium (up to 80x background rates) and they didn't find out about it until 33+ years after they were first exposed. Because nobody gave a flying *** whether they minded - they never said no, we don't want to breathe this *** in, because nobody bothered to ask them. Hush hush, national security, needs of the many and all that. As an indication of how bad things were, 1) a full time employee had, as their job description, washing uranium dust off employees cars, and 2) you can see houses across the bloody road from the plant, right downwind. Sure, had you asked them, these folks would probably have volunteered. They're stand up folks, and they did, every single one of them, agree to allow medical research so anything that happened to them would help other people. But they're still mad as hell that somebody assumed it was okay to poison them because it made things easier for other people, and they have every right to be.

This is why we have IRBs, and laws codifying exactly how they are to work and exactly how you are to administer consent and obtain consent and you cannot even TALK to a patient without their permission. Because people like you didn't think you'd mind, and didn't think people would be people and ruthlessly take advantage of that. The watchdogs exist because people have proven they CANNOT be trusted.

So don't tell me it's melodrama. It isn't. It's life, and it happens every day.
"people who'll do WHATEVER THE ASS THEY WANT to people"

Herrick brings up some interesting parts of history in order to... freak out about presumed consent for organ donation. I wonder if he ever goes to the doctor for anything, since he hates them so much...

quickedit: It's hilarious how many believe that presumed consent to organ donor status means that EVIL MEDICOS will suddenly become emboldened to STEAL ARE ORGANS, yet are quailed by the current law. It's almost as if they're built on reaction and terror rather than actual thought!

adr-admin
Site Admin

#162 Post by adr-admin »

DEATH TO ALL THOSE WHO WISH DEATH UPON ANYONE

Questor

#163 Post by Questor »

OK, can I go back, because I missed this part.

Is it just the historical (and fictional) connotations that make burning a book worse than pulping them? What about newspaper, or other broadsheet style writing, does the same thing apply?

Questor

#164 Post by Questor »

That's kinda my point...

Gands

#165 Post by Gands »

nowadays nazis just do mass deletions from their kindles

less impact, but they're trying

Flagg

#166 Post by Flagg »

I dislike the symbolism of destroying anything out of spite just because of the Nazzy shit, but really destroying knowledge by destroying a book is hideousely impossible.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

thejester

#167 Post by thejester »

You're missing an opportunity if you burn them. Sell them on Amazon to some of his adoring fans, or alternatively to some unsuspecting punter who'll then do what HPCA fear most - give a TBO book a bad review.

Oxymoron

#168 Post by Oxymoron »

I'm going to send them to Baks :v
No.

Oxymoron

#169 Post by Oxymoron »

you man of little faith
No.

Gands

#170 Post by Gands »

Form the board where Mr Ragheads is a pillar of the community...
The Admiral wrote:
Edi wrote: First you complain about my links being to biased sources and then you cite clownhall.com and another blatantly partisan blog as somehow reliable and authoritative sources? The comedy writes itself. Tell me, in the face of such blatant hypocrisy, is there any reason I should ever accept anything you say at face value?
Edi, dial it back. Right now.
I just wanted this here before Stewie deleted it.

Shroom Man 777
The Mang, the Myth, the Legend.

#171 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

SECURE THAT SHIT

lul

using racial slurs ok

actual sound debate tactics not ok

what a buncha fatties

Agent Bert Macklin

#172 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Who is Chris Mathewson?

Losonti Tokash

#173 Post by Losonti Tokash »

DIAL IT BACK EDI

Agent Bert Macklin

#174 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

DO we not have a link for that Edi stuff?

Straha
Lecturer

#175 Post by Straha »

Ask and ye shall receive.

+http://www.tboverse.us/HPCAFORUM/phpBB3 ... 5&p=114038

edited by his majesty upon request to break link
"Is it not part of being erotically experienced, however, to know that the desire to enter the other can lead one to the wrong entrance?" - Peter Sloterdijk

"Ethics is endless, the law is terminal." - Paul Mann