Testing Chat Thread

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
timmy

Re: Testing Chat Thread

#1376 Post by timmy »

Turkey, chicken... And ducks. Unless they were walking and talking and reasoning, it's the same as us eating the soft tissues of other mammals.
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

Count Chocula
Liberal

#1377 Post by Count Chocula »

Back when I was a punk twentysomething, I did 100 situps, 100 pushups, and ran 1-1/2 miles. EVERY DAY. Damn, those were good times. I was actually inspired to do that routine by Harry Harrison's Stainless Steel Rat character, Slippery Jim diGriz. That was his regimen. Yeah, I'm a geek, but I used to be a fit geek. These days, not so much.
"We've already had this discussion before. I treated you of barbaric caveman then." - Oxymoron

"He killed 80 people in 2 days"
"...he's adopted." - The Avengers

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#1378 Post by Phantasee »

power through about three weeks of regularly exercising and it'll help cement it as a habit

you'll start wondering what you missed or forgot if you skip a workout

make it a habit and you've won half the battle, the rest of your fitness will come naturally after that point

speaking of i need to renew my membership, but i'm not sure i want to stick to the same gym
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Zablorg
Baron of the Burrito

#1379 Post by Zablorg »

i exercise for

ENDORPHINS :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun:

Oxymoron

#1380 Post by Oxymoron »

literal fitness junky
No.

adr-admin
Site Admin

#1381 Post by adr-admin »

why does youtube even offer a HD thing? ti is so slow to load any who really gives a shit about hte high definitionness of "24hr enterprise idle engine sound", "DON'T TAZE ME BRO" cell phone videos and, of course "cute kitten #156,654"

i'm in the middle of a bandwidth crisis here peeps

evilsoup

#1382 Post by evilsoup »

how else will I watch my little pony in stunning sharp 1080p

Oxymoron

#1383 Post by Oxymoron »

set it to 360 or 480p

stop bitching

problem solved, ticket closed
No.

Flagg

#1384 Post by Flagg »

evilsoup wrote:how else will I watch my little pony in stunning sharp 1080p
Kill yourself and watch it in hell?
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

evilsoup

#1385 Post by evilsoup »

D:

adr-admin
Site Admin

#1386 Post by adr-admin »

i watched some my little pony today. the episode was about the magic of friendship or something

they were playing pranks... or something. at one point rainbow dash got a ring around her eye from using a telescope and laughed really hard

idk i wasn't paying close attention to it

another show the children have been making me watch is on the disnep channel called "gravity falls" and it is actually kinda ok. i hate the disnep channel and everything it airs usually but i was kinda amused by this one

the problem is tho that its annoying theme song gets stuck in my head

evilsoup

#1387 Post by evilsoup »

adr wrote:i watched some my little pony today. the episode was about the magic of friendship or something
that describes every episode :colbert:

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#1388 Post by Phantasee »

adr wrote:why does youtube even offer a HD thing? ti is so slow to load any who really gives a shit about hte high definitionness of "24hr enterprise idle engine sound", "DON'T TAZE ME BRO" cell phone videos and, of course "cute kitten #156,654"

i'm in the middle of a bandwidth crisis here peeps
'why is the speed limit 80 km/h i can only bike like 24 km/h'

adr-admin
Site Admin

#1389 Post by adr-admin »

Phantasee wrote:'why is the speed limit 80 km/h i can only bike like 24 km/h'
jeeze u slow lol

Straha
Lecturer

#1390 Post by Straha »

adr wrote:i can't get myself to sleep. gonna be fucking miserable tomorrow

but i think i get the misunderstanding here... i poorly worded my thing. "even better" is a relative term

so like in general, nonviolence works 2x better than violence in achieving goals. the success rate is something liek 50% vs 25%

in the face of brutal government repression, the success rate drops... but it drops more for violence than for nonviolence. the number is something like 30 vs 5 or something like that. so you are more like 6x more likely to succeed using nonviolent tactics than violent ones. hence it works even better in the face of repression, not because the absolute odds increase, but because the relative odds do

and the reason for this has to do with the political cost thing. when a regime cracks down on nonviolent movements, it gets sympathy for the movement and condemnation for the regime. people look at it and say "what the hell did you do that for?????"

but when they crack down on a violent movement, they can justify it a lot more easily, painting the opposition as extremists or terrorists or whatever. now the mainstream person might look at it and say "thank you president dictator for protecting me and my property from those armed groups".

anywho maybe with this out of my brain i can sleep so time to try again
Name me three revolutionary moments of change in human history over the past two centuries that were achieved non violently or didn't have an active violent beginning or component to them. (Pro-tip: you can't. )
"Is it not part of being erotically experienced, however, to know that the desire to enter the other can lead one to the wrong entrance?" - Peter Sloterdijk

"Ethics is endless, the law is terminal." - Paul Mann

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#1391 Post by Phantasee »

fuck ghandi

evilsoup

#1392 Post by evilsoup »

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#1393 Post by RyanThunder »

Where the hell is that from?

evilsoup

#1394 Post by evilsoup »

civilizations

adr-admin
Site Admin

#1395 Post by adr-admin »

Straha wrote:Name me three revolutionary moments of change in human history over the past two centuries that were achieved non violently or didn't have an active violent beginning or component to them. (Pro-tip: you can't. )
Name me three cities in human history that didn't have crime. Is crime a necessary ingredient when building a city; something you should choose to use, or is it just an unfortunate and very possibly counterproductive side effect of getting a lot of people together?

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#1396 Post by Bakustra »

adr wrote:
Straha wrote:Name me three revolutionary moments of change in human history over the past two centuries that were achieved non violently or didn't have an active violent beginning or component to them. (Pro-tip: you can't. )
Name me three cities in human history that didn't have crime. Is crime a necessary ingredient when building a city; something you should choose to use, or is it just an unfortunate and very possibly counterproductive side effect of getting a lot of people together?
tumblr faster stark

tumblr faster

Flagg

#1397 Post by Flagg »

Seriously.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

adr-admin
Site Admin

#1398 Post by adr-admin »

dr. king was a fucking idiot. obviously only the riots were capable of making any real change so his commitment to nonviolence was actually holding the civil rights movement back!

(btw i used to seriously believe this for a brief time)

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#1399 Post by Bakustra »

adr wrote:dr. king was a fucking idiot. obviously only the riots were capable of making any real change so his commitment to nonviolence was actually holding the civil rights movement back!

(btw i used to seriously believe this for a brief time)
what is this circumstances bullshit?

i demand universality

also mlk was the totality of the civil rights movement

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#1400 Post by Phantasee »

dr king was an important part of the civil rights movement, but so was malcolm x, nation of islam, and the black panthers

just like in india, gandhi was important and v visible, but the more actively resisting groups also played key parts

look at bhagat singh, he is on par with gandhi but he wasn't as internationally famous, partly becasue he died at just 23 years old

but his (violent) actions led to a great amount of support for independence and inspired many people to actually join the independence movements in india