Godammed SDN

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
adr-admin
Site Admin

Re: Godammed SDN

#1051 Post by adr-admin »

well the motivations do define the condition for victory. i guess if you wanted to just say "assume they are fighting to the death" but i want to get people out of the pre-existing mindsets and start looking at everything differently, from the small to the big pictures

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#1052 Post by starku »

Y'know if a planet in the empire got genesised thatd make for awesome CNN viewing

'reports of a yellow ring around Smalltown Domicile XV'

'registrar autocrat claims everything ok fom luxurious orbital'

'early reports confirm planet fundamentally changed'

'first responders missing presumed dead in bizarre lightshow'

'civilians are advised to stay in their homes as the situation is under control'

'strange animals reported loose in the streets'

'this amateur video shows what appears to be the planet exploding'

'regional terror group suspected, investigation ongoing"

adr-admin
Site Admin

#1053 Post by adr-admin »

hahaha yeah

Losonti Tokash

#1054 Post by Losonti Tokash »

starku wrote:'this amateur video shows what appears to be the planet exploding'
best headline evar

Zod
perkele

#1055 Post by Zod »

Losonti Tokash wrote:
starku wrote:'this amateur video shows what appears to be the planet exploding'
best headline evar
planetary cores can't possibly create that kind of an explosion

obviously the empire planted explosive hyper-matter in the core so they had an excuse to invade the federation

Agent Bert Macklin

#1056 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Someone explain this to me, please. I am heartless for showing sympathy for someone who died of cancer? All I did was say that the only reason that guy got a eulogy in-game was because he died of cancer. How is that heartless? Ein trying so hard to look cool with his expletives and willful ignorance on IP bans is hilarious, though.

Zod
perkele

#1057 Post by Zod »

Knubfuck wrote:Someone explain this to me, please. I am heartless for showing sympathy for someone who died of cancer? All I did was say that the only reason that guy got a eulogy in-game was because he died of cancer. How is that heartless? Ein trying so hard to look cool with his expletives and willful ignorance on IP bans is hilarious, though.
it can look backhanded depending on the context

expanding more would probably be a good thing

Agent Bert Macklin

#1058 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Zod wrote:
Knubfuck wrote:Someone explain this to me, please. I am heartless for showing sympathy for someone who died of cancer? All I did was say that the only reason that guy got a eulogy in-game was because he died of cancer. How is that heartless? Ein trying so hard to look cool with his expletives and willful ignorance on IP bans is hilarious, though.
it can look backhanded depending on the context

expanding more would probably be a good thing
I did. Thanas just dismissed it because he's a prick.

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#1059 Post by Bakustra »

You're a dick for going "hurr hurr, they wouldn't have done it if it hadn't been cancer", which, even if truthful, is still tinged with "asshole". It's also kinda prickish to dismiss tributes as fake because they don't involve sending money to charity, which is how you're coming across. Now, that said, was it a bit of an overreaction? Sure, but you didn't help by being a combative prick immediately afterwards. Also, if Ein has ever said anything worth responding to, that would really be headline-worthy.

Losonti Tokash

#1060 Post by Losonti Tokash »

Bakustra's right. It didn't look like you were showing sympathy for the dude at all.

Agent Bert Macklin

#1061 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

B-A-K-U-S-T-R-A wrote:
You're a dick for going "hurr hurr, they wouldn't have done it if it hadn't been cancer", which, even if truthful, is still tinged with "asshole". It's also kinda prickish to dismiss tributes as fake because they don't involve sending money to charity, which is how you're coming across. Now, that said, was it a bit of an overreaction? Sure, but you didn't help by being a combative prick immediately afterwards. Also, if Ein has ever said anything worth responding to, that would really be headline-worthy.
I wasn't combative until Thanas started ignoring everything I said so he could have a reason to HoS me. You're a dick for not agreeing and liking this story! You've elaborated but it was only done to cover your ass when you trolled!

Los, the first thing I thought when I read that story was "Damn. He died at 22 from cancer." Then I read the rest of the story and thought, while meaningful on his friend's part, that such a tribute would most likely never happen had the man not died from cancer. But hey, I'm a sociopathic cripple.

Losonti Tokash

#1062 Post by Losonti Tokash »

Then you probably should have said that, dude.

Zod
perkele

#1063 Post by Zod »

Knubfuck wrote:
B-A-K-U-S-T-R-A wrote:
I wasn't combative until Thanas started ignoring everything I said so he could have a reason to HoS me. You're a dick for not agreeing and liking this story! You've elaborated but it was only done to cover your ass when you trolled!

Los, the first thing I thought when I read that story was "Damn. He died at 22 from cancer." Then I read the rest of the story and thought, while meaningful on his friend's part, that such a tribute would most likely never happen had the man not died from cancer. But hey, I'm a sociopathic cripple.
Most people don't want their friends to die from a terrible disease, so it's a bit baffling that there'd be any sort of regret over it not happening.

Flagg

#1064 Post by Flagg »

Dude you flat out admitted to me that you were just trolling thanas, so where is this victim hood shit coming from?
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Dooey Jo

#1065 Post by Dooey Jo »

probably from being the sort of person who "wilfully" gets himself banned, yet keeps setting up sockpuppets :v
DracuLax - when even Death can't scare the shit out of you

Veef

#1066 Post by Veef »

dudeguyman is my hero

Dooey Jo

#1067 Post by Dooey Jo »

haha awesome!

"guys i sold an identical pac-man clone now the owners of pac-man stopped me what the hell amirite"

be glad they didn't just sue you or whomever your publisher is

did he really think the name is what's copyrighted?

"no man it's okay selling these bootleg star wars copies, i changed the title screen to 'droid wars'"

ps for added hilarity point out the word "droid" is trademarked by lucasfilm ltd.
DracuLax - when even Death can't scare the shit out of you

Veef

#1068 Post by Veef »

the earliest version of Battletech was called Battledroids

they had to change it

damn japs keeping FASA down

Losonti Tokash

#1069 Post by Losonti Tokash »

Thanas' failure to communicate a stupid rule means I'm dumb. :V

The Spartan

#1070 Post by The Spartan »

No. You're dumb for misunderstanding the syntax of what was said to you afterwards. :mrgreen:

Zod
perkele

#1071 Post by Zod »

Dooey Jo wrote:haha awesome!

"guys i sold an identical pac-man clone now the owners of pac-man stopped me what the hell amirite"

be glad they didn't just sue you or whomever your publisher is

did he really think the name is what's copyrighted?

"no man it's okay selling these bootleg star wars copies, i changed the title screen to 'droid wars'"

ps for added hilarity point out the word "droid" is trademarked by lucasfilm ltd.
you know i always thought sarevok was kinda dumb but this pretty much just confirms he's a full blown idiot

adr-admin
Site Admin

#1072 Post by adr-admin »

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 5#p3595165

"Either conceed this point or face action on it. "

ironic how in a thread complaining about people abusing their authority he'd say something like that

ps it's 'concede' mr moderator

Aaron
El Duderino

#1073 Post by Aaron »

And yet, water is always used for relief of the symptoms. It's the same principle as an eye wash station, which even if it doesn't actually aid in removing the substance is better for the victim then sitting around for 45 minutes waiting for it to go away. Psychological, etc, etc.

I sure am glad none of the fuckwits in that thread were in my unit. There would be hours of bitching before and after the gas hut.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1074 Post by Aaron »

And Keevan is back! I wonder if the lesbos he was living with finally got tired of him being creepy and booted him. Maybe he even finished his journo degree.

adr-admin
Site Admin

#1075 Post by adr-admin »

Indeed.

i liek svpd's response:

"Just because [...] someone gave you a green name does not mean you know what you are talking about[...]"

hah!