Testing Chat Thread

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
artemas

Re: Testing Chat Thread

#2051 Post by artemas »

Darksi4190 wrote:So were the airborne like the most elite unit in your military or something?
At one point.

Aaron
El Duderino

#2052 Post by Aaron »

They've been replaced by the JTF and CSOR but its amazing how their legacy lives on in the attitudes at CFB Petawawa.

artemas

#2053 Post by artemas »

Aaron wrote:They've been replaced by the JTF and CSOR but its amazing how their legacy lives on in the attitudes at CFB Petawawa.
oh yeah? how so?

like, just everyone remembers stories, or what?

Aaron
El Duderino

#2054 Post by Aaron »

There were still lots of airborne guys in the units, even when I got out. The whole macho thing, shaved heads, biker type shit. Lots of "you don't go to MIR unless you broke your back, faggot" stuff. Massive anal retention that the Western guys don't have.

I dunno, its hard to get across but they were an old boys club, they knew it, we knew it and you didn't fuck with them.

And of course, they had all hit their heads jumping, so were...kinda nutty.

Aaron
El Duderino

#2055 Post by Aaron »

Oh god, i forgot the alcoholism.

They were big drinkers, and that filtered over to the other units as guys rotated through.

artemas

#2056 Post by artemas »

did being pretty far away from a big city contribute to that you feel?

Darth Tedious

#2057 Post by Darth Tedious »

Aaron wrote:Actually I'd rather take the beating, cause when it's over its over.
That works, unless the beating is one part of ongoing/multifaceted bullying.
Usually it's not just a one-off occurance, but some sort of near-daily shit.

Hypothetically though, if we are talking a one-shot thing, I'd go for verbal abuse myself.
If someone calls me a nasty name, I could count the fucks I give on no hands, and it's over the second I've walked away not caring.
If they hit me and I get a black eye, it isn't over until the thing heals up, and I'm reminded of it everytime I blink or look in the mirror.
But that's just me.

We're talking about feelings and shit here, so everything should be tagged as YMMV.
adr rox worship him or suffer large
and so forth, etc.
also STAR TREK

Aaron
El Duderino

#2058 Post by Aaron »

artemas wrote:did being pretty far away from a big city contribute to that you feel?
Yes.

Gands

#2059 Post by Gands »

evilsoup wrote:hey have any of you guys been watching Breaking Bad? It's really good
I started last week, and I'm up to season three.

I'll discuss it more when I'm up to date.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#2060 Post by Phantasee »

I don't want to spoil too much, but it's about drugs.
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Civil War Man

#2061 Post by Civil War Man »

Aaron wrote:Oh god, i forgot the alcoholism.

They were big drinkers, and that filtered over to the other units as guys rotated through.
I'd rate that as more of a general military thing. In my (limited) experience working jobs in places that served alcohol, soldiers and teachers are two groups that are, on average, notoriously heavy drinkers. High stress jobs and long hours tend to foster that kind of behavior.

Fun fact: Years ago, when I was working a summer at the Officers' Club on the base near where I live, I learned that the US Navy is the largest distributor of alcohol in the world by a pretty wide margin.

Gands

#2062 Post by Gands »

I broke a sweat today at Tae Kwon Do. We paired off, and spent half an hour blocking punches and kicks. There was a lot of free space, so my partner and I wound up moving around a lot, trying to outmanoeuvre each other. Fun times, and I like the fitness aspect.

Also, I'm working 29 hours this week. If only my job didn't blow.

Aaron
El Duderino

#2063 Post by Aaron »

Civil War Man wrote:
Aaron wrote:Oh god, i forgot the alcoholism.

I'd rate that as more of a general military thing. In my (limited) experience working jobs in places that served alcohol, soldiers and teachers are two groups that are, on average, notoriously heavy drinkers. High stress jobs and long hours tend to foster that kind of behavior.

Fun fact: Years ago, when I was working a summer at the Officers' Club on the base near where I live, I learned that the US Navy is the largest distributor of alcohol in the world by a pretty wide margin.
It is yes, these guys took it to another level.

Darth Tedious

#2064 Post by Darth Tedious »

Gands wrote:I broke a sweat today at Tae Kwon Do. We paired off, and spent half an hour blocking punches and kicks. There was a lot of free space, so my partner and I wound up moving around a lot, trying to outmanoeuvre each other. Fun times, and I like the fitness aspect.
Sounds like awesome fun! How long have you been doing it?
adr rox worship him or suffer large
and so forth, etc.
also STAR TREK

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#2065 Post by adr »

OWS turns one today

the corporate media is all like "it is dead and in disarray"

fuck those scoundrels. ows lives
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

joviwan

#2066 Post by joviwan »

Gands wrote:I broke a sweat today at Tae Kwon Do. We paired off, and spent half an hour blocking punches and kicks. There was a lot of free space, so my partner and I wound up moving around a lot, trying to outmanoeuvre each other. Fun times, and I like the fitness aspect.

Also, I'm working 29 hours this week. If only my job didn't blow.
Nice. That was always my favorite part when I was martial arting.

Do you not still have that awesome job you liked so much?

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#2067 Post by Bakustra »

"On the bright side, they don't tend to murder embassy staff in order to demonstrate their rage. It could be worse!"

jesus christ what will it take for people to understand that the attack on the libyan consulate was a planned assault by a paramilitary organization?

weemadando

#2068 Post by weemadando »

Baks-kun wrote:"On the bright side, they don't tend to murder embassy staff in order to demonstrate their rage. It could be worse!"

jesus christ what will it take for people to understand that the attack on the libyan consulate was a planned assault by a paramilitary organization?
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOSLEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMMSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Don't you understand? THEY WERE ALL IN ON IT!

Bakustra

#2069 Post by Bakustra »

"What double standard? Has anyone said that they're perfectly fine with morons setting fires and killing innocent bystanders as long as it's to celebrate that their team won the World Cup or some other nonsense?"

lololol

call me when people call all football fans subhuman or start insisting that argentinians are an inferior race or demand that peruvians be profiled at the entrance to sporting events or jesus christ this was such a fucking stupid metaphor

Zod
perkele

#2070 Post by Zod »

Wait a minute.

Are you suggesting football fans are people?

evilsoup

#2071 Post by evilsoup »

what are you talking about, link pls

Bakustra

#2072 Post by Bakustra »

evilsoup wrote:what are you talking about, link pls
two different teo posts, the first at the end of the "evolution of flavor offensive to christians" thread and the other near the end of the libya thread

Aaron
El Duderino

#2073 Post by Aaron »

Baks-kun wrote:"What double standard? Has anyone said that they're perfectly fine with morons setting fires and killing innocent bystanders as long as it's to celebrate that their team won the World Cup or some other nonsense?"

lololol

call me when people call all football fans subhuman or start insisting that argentinians are an inferior race or demand that peruvians be profiled at the entrance to sporting events or jesus christ this was such a fucking stupid metaphor
You know full well its because it fits the sites narrative, all religious people are stupid.

Bakustra

#2074 Post by Bakustra »

probably definitely that's the case for the second post, but it's definitely not for the first one

Flagg

#2075 Post by Flagg »

Aaron wrote:
Baks-kun wrote:"What double standard? Has anyone said that they're perfectly fine with morons setting fires and killing innocent bystanders as long as it's to celebrate that their team won the World Cup or some other nonsense?"

lololol

You know full well its because it fits the sites narrative, all religious people are stupid.
To be fair, most are.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine