Godammed SDN

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
artemas

Re: Godammed SDN

#1101 Post by artemas »

We'll just have to drum it up on our own. Pure Gonzo journalism!

Djinnkitty83

#1102 Post by Djinnkitty83 »

I remember slumping on the keyboard. Raynor's tirade had given me a bad jolt. For a moment I thought his mind had snapped, that he actually believed he was being attacked by invisible prequel haters. But the thread was quiet again...

zhaktronz

#1103 Post by zhaktronz »

Has TOB really been arguing for 3 pages about water and its effects on pepperspray?

Darth Fanboy
has no method to his madness.

#1104 Post by Darth Fanboy »

To weird to live, too rare to ban.

artemas

#1105 Post by artemas »

zhaktronz wrote:Has TOB really been arguing for 3 pages about water and its effects on pepperspray?
Wear some golf shoes, otherwise you'll never get out of that place alive. Impossible to walk in that muck. No footing at all.

Darth Fanboy
has no method to his madness.

#1106 Post by Darth Fanboy »

You post too much man, too much too much.

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#1107 Post by starku »

Few people understand the psychology of dealing with the internet forum mod. A normal troll will panic and immediately flame out. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the mod heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow.

Nietzslime
Give these people air!

#1108 Post by Nietzslime »

Darth Fanboy wrote:You post too much man, too much too much.
One of the things you learn from years of dealing with internet forum neckbeards, is that you can turn your back on a neckbeard, but never turn your back on a forum. Especially when it's waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye.
Europe: Genocide-free since at least 1996.

Questor

#1109 Post by Questor »

And the asshats are now proposing internet vigilanteism in the exact same thread where I bitched. In fact, it's White Haven himself going "herp, derp, I hope Anonymous outs all their personal info".

But I was completely out of line, and nobody on TEO would ever propose the use of violence against those they disagree with.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1110 Post by Aaron »

zhaktronz wrote:Has TOB really been arguing for 3 pages about water and its effects on pepperspray?
And the definition of "decontaminate", a word used by the military and police to mean "clean or wash"

The thread has jumped the shark and it's just a bunch of guys fapping to how liberal they are. Smartest board on the internet indeed.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1111 Post by Aaron »

Holy shit, Sarevok really did rip off Pac Man!

I thought Dan was joking. Pac Droid? Can we wind back time to when he was just a naive muslim kid from indonesia (or whereever)?

Losonti Tokash

#1112 Post by Losonti Tokash »

Questor wrote:And the asshats are now proposing internet vigilanteism in the exact same thread where I bitched. In fact, it's White Haven himself going "herp, derp, I hope Anonymous outs all their personal info".

But I was completely out of line, and nobody on TEO would ever propose the use of violence against those they disagree with.
For serious. From the same people that agreed that "oh yeah the police aren't literally trying to kill all of us and we should reach out to them."

Zod
perkele

#1113 Post by Zod »

Aaron wrote:
And the definition of "decontaminate", a word used by the military and police to mean "clean or wash"

The thread has jumped the shark and it's just a bunch of guys fapping to how liberal they are. Smartest board on the internet indeed.
the hilarious part is that gormless is quoting the equivalent of wikipedia

i think he just kept looking through dictionaries until he found one that agrees with what he wanted
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/decontaminate

transitive verb
: to rid of contamination (as radioactive material)
— de·con·tam·i·na·tion \-ˌta-mə-ˈnā-shən\ noun
— de·con·tam·i·na·tor \-ˈta-mə-ˌnā-tər\ noun
See decontaminate defined for English-language learners »
See decontaminate defined for kids »
Examples of DECONTAMINATE

1. Special workers were called in to decontaminate the area after the oil spill.

Civil War Man

#1114 Post by Civil War Man »

That thread is a total cesspool, though that 3 page herpderp over pepper spray was a direct result of either KS or SVPD (can't be bothered to look through to see exactly who) white knighting the police.

Just wash out the pepper spray with water.
I'm sure the guy who got sprayed in the face, cuffed, and carried to a paddy wagon will get right on that.

KS white knighting the Oakland cops that beat and hospitalized the second vet is also a bit of a lol. We can't assume he was beaten with batons because the video doesn't show it, but they must have had good reason to beat him with batons because he must have been resisting arrest even though the video doesn't show it.

Flagg

#1115 Post by Flagg »

Yeah it's all a big joke, it really is. But KS and SVPD defending every police action ever is their standard MO. If SDN had been around during the Rodney King beating I'm sure they would have found a way to exonerate the pigs in their minds.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

adr-admin
Site Admin

#1116 Post by adr-admin »

tbh i don't see the problem in what they are doing. They believe in assuming innocence until proven guilty. Ohes noes!

Aaron
El Duderino

#1117 Post by Aaron »

Its dudes like them that keep the site from being a total echo chamber. Even if the average thread totally misses out on the motivations for peoples behaviour in favour of arguing over the definition of words.

Even Choco prevents N&P from becoming totally pointless.

Zod
perkele

#1118 Post by Zod »

Aaron wrote:Its dudes like them that keep the site from being a total echo chamber. Even if the average thread totally misses out on the motivations for peoples behaviour in favour of arguing over the definition of words.

Even Choco prevents N&P from becoming totally pointless.
On the other hand guys like chockles aren't exactly uncommon anywhere else. Just go to your average news site's comments section.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1119 Post by Aaron »

Oh he's terrible at it, no doubt. But when your trying to maintain the image of a debate site, you have to take what you can get.

weemadando

#1120 Post by weemadando »

Civil War Man wrote:That thread is a total cesspool, though that 3 page herpderp over pepper spray was a direct result of either KS or SVPD (can't be bothered to look through to see exactly who) white knighting the police.

Just wash out the pepper spray with water.
I'm sure the guy who got sprayed in the face, cuffed, and carried to a paddy wagon will get right on that.

KS white knighting the Oakland cops that beat and hospitalized the second vet is also a bit of a lol. We can't assume he was beaten with batons because the video doesn't show it, but they must have had good reason to beat him with batons because he must have been resisting arrest even though the video doesn't show it.
Yeah it came from my post relating to the video of a guy seated on the ground not resisting anyone getting grabbed by the hair, head pulled back and then getting sprayed, which is then followed by the police chief going: "Pepper spray was only used on those actively resisting arrest."

And SVPD went: "I can't see a problem with that."

weemadando

#1121 Post by weemadando »

Man, the comedy quotient in that thread ramped up overnight.

I can't wait until KS and SVPD roll out the internet riot police to beat us all for resisting them

Aaron
El Duderino

#1122 Post by Aaron »

Actually I think the pepper spraying of folks who are just sitting there was a way to get around having to physically haul them out, causing injuries. Unfortunately, no one coupled it with an attitude shift, "hey theses guys aren't our enemies"

Reading those threads makes it look like America is at war with itself but no one wants to admit it.

Dooey Jo

#1123 Post by Dooey Jo »

heh

since first signing up to defend RLM against raynor's dissertation, emersonlakeandbalmer has made literally two posts that weren't in a thread about RLM

(both were "how i'd fix star wars" posts)
DracuLax - when even Death can't scare the shit out of you

Flagg

#1124 Post by Flagg »

I hope Edi comes to the states one day, gets his ass beaten and pepper sprayed by cops, and is given a bottle of water to get it out of his face. That will be funny.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Aaron
El Duderino

#1125 Post by Aaron »

Eh?

Chances are, given he was in the Finnish Army, that he's been sprayed. Dunno about the beating, unless he was a fuckwit.