Lament 2: Cry Harder

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Shroom Man 777
The Mang, the Myth, the Legend.

Re: Lament 2: Cry Harder

#51 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

darksi (edit: i was gonna say that you should stop being a fat american, but nvm that)

you need focus to make you do that shit

reduce intake and lose weight with cardio or some other shits

with reduced weight you will be at a better position to start carrying your own body weight

then you can do whatev

but it will take tiem

so liek you'll hafta loev what you're doing to do it

maybe getting together a buncha fune guise to do it with will help motivate chu

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#52 Post by adr »

one nice thing with physical stuff too is you just need to stick with it, even if it isn't big changes, and stuff will get better with time

don't expect overnight results, but a few little changes can make a big difference in say, a year

i'd say it is better to go small than go big exactly because you're more likely to see it through for the long haul.
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

Shroom Man 777
The Mang, the Myth, the Legend.

#53 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

turns out profoundly changing your way of life and your living and physicality and all these profound shits takes tiem

Metatwaddle

#54 Post by Metatwaddle »

one of the things that made me feel better about exercise today was this

basically exercising and having a strong heart is more important for your health than losing weight and being thin (not that these are opposed to each other, but it might tell you what to focus on if radically changing your diet AND exercise is too daunting, as it is for me)

i started making more of an effort to exercise a couple of months ago (i also walk home from work). when i tell people this, they usually ask me about weight loss, because i'm a fatty. but i'm not gonna lose 20% of my body weight, i just want to be able to run and hike and explore cool places without getting out of breath.

timmy

#55 Post by timmy »

I want to lose weight because I'm theoretically playing the field. But I dig what you're saying. Card fitness and I'll sweat less on stage.
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#56 Post by Phantasee »

I just wanna get ripped tho :v

I've been doing strength work to fix my back and all the other lingering injuries, and so I haven't lost much fat on my gut or my chest (moobs :( ) but I have gained mass on my pecs, so now my chest looks awkward in some shirts because the buttons strain a bit. I get the feeling it would take a lot of fat loss to rectify this tho, enough to the point where I might as well buy some new shirts in the mean time :/ or always wear a tie or sweater.
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Oxymoron

#57 Post by Oxymoron »

It's impressive how enjoyable learning a new programming language is when the language itself isn't actually I'M A JUGGALO WOOP WOOP ; and when you work with people who know their shit, who you can easily ask for help when you're blocking on something, and who are actually helpful.

I think it's maybe the first time in my life I'm actually motivated to learn and progress and not just going through the motion, and enjoying to work. I'm pulling 9-10 hours-workdays without even really feeling it, and actually having fun doing it. I even get to come back home each days with the impression I've achieved something and made progresses.

I may have taken a good decision with my life for once. I'll tell you in a year.
No.

Losonti Tokash

#58 Post by Losonti Tokash »

I'M A JUGGALO WOOP WOOP
:failure:

adr

#59 Post by adr »

which lang are you doing?

evilsoup

#60 Post by evilsoup »

Oxymoron

#61 Post by Oxymoron »

adr wrote:which lang are you doing?
Python, for embedded applications.

/cue the dogmatic rage of a thousand screaming nerds
No.

Oxymoron

#62 Post by Oxymoron »

Losonti Tokash wrote:
I'M A JUGGALO WOOP WOOP
:failure:
I mean it literally, as compared to it the others languages I've tried (C, C++, PHP) seems backward (etymologically : I'M A JUGGALO WOOP WOOP) - from a beginners' point of view at least.
No.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#63 Post by RyanThunder »

As computer languages go, it works well enough.

I prefer strongly-typed languages though.

Like there was this one where you had to use a 25 kg barbell on your finger to press the keys. Glorious.

Oxymoron

#64 Post by Oxymoron »

Still from a beginner's perspective :

At least the grammar is easily understood, easily assimilated, and the code is easy to read and comprehend (essential when you have to work with other people's code touching on things you don't necessarily know yet and they don't put lots of comments in them).
And I don't have to actively care about low-level bullshit like memory allocation, variables declarations or data type handling, as the interpreter is smart enough to take care of that. This already free 50% of my brain charge and leave me able to concentrate on more essential things, like getting the code to actually do what I want it to do.
Oh, yeah, and the fact I don't have to compile each time I want to test my code, meaning I can write code AND test it in pretty much in parallel, cleaning up bugs as soon as they appear.
No.

adr

#65 Post by adr »

Oxymoron wrote:Python, for embedded applications.
i hate python

but as you learn more you'll see more flaws and you'll see more elegance in the other stuff you know; you'll appreciate different parts of it and miss good stuff and so on

PHP is a pure pile of shit and the more you know the more flaws you'll see in it

but most others have parts you'll see l8r

like types and compilers, the more you know, the more you'll see how great they are. it might seem annoying now but they are amazing and you'll see with experience

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#66 Post by RyanThunder »

Yeah its far superior to anything I normally use for writing quick little scripts.

But its not so great as your program gets more complex.

Oxymoron

#67 Post by Oxymoron »

Well, the thing is we're working on a lot of different devices, all with different specifications, and our work is to make them all work together. So we directly benefit from the layer of abstraction the language provide regarding the hardware it's supposed to work on or with.

I'm sure I'll be annoyed by the weak-typing and the lackof compiler later-on (may be up to debate, as the docs I've read so far lead me to believe there's an option to compile your code in Python), but if it mean it makes my actual job easier overall (programming is only a fraction of the job description), I'd tend to think it's very much worth the hassle.

And anyway, no language nothing is perfect, and it's a programmer's job to work with a language's imperfections, so...
No.

Aaron
El Duderino

#68 Post by Aaron »

God, I'm so sick of the shit over there.

Yes, lets keep ridiculing people and hope extremism goes away. Fuck off.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#69 Post by RyanThunder »

Oxymoron wrote:Well, the thing is we're working on a lot of different devices, all with different specifications, and our work is to make them all work together. So we directly benefit from the layer of abstraction the language provide regarding the hardware it's supposed to work on or with.
Oh, I see. Well that makes good sense, especially if you're learning.

Also,

adr

#70 Post by adr »

in my world peace fanfic one of the strategies the protagonists use is to treat every single individual with dignity and respect, even if they disagree with their politics or even their actions. people are never just a means to an end or something that can simply be thrown away

it is still a bumpy ride but this is one brick that paves the road to a happy ending

---

re free speech: most people can probably agree that hate speech probably shouldn't be criminalized by the government

but that doesn't mean assholes NEED to or OUGHT to open their fucking mouths

let's close this depressing post with words of wisdom from the GOSPEL OF KIRK
Let us redefine progress to mean that just because we can do a thing, it does not necessarily mean we must do that thing.

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#71 Post by Darksi4190 »

I don't get why everyone's flipping out over the MOESLEMtm reaction to the cartoons and shit. I mean, nobody got hurt at the Egyptian embassy. The killings in Libya were a targeted attack that probably would've happened regardless. The actual "outrage" response probably wasn't any worse than the average soccer riot.

Aaron
El Duderino

#72 Post by Aaron »

Muslims are the enemy.

adr

#73 Post by adr »

I don't think most the people flipping out bothered to read the whole story...

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#74 Post by Darksi4190 »

Aaron wrote:Muslims are the enemy.
Yeah, for all their "enlightenment," SDN is really no different than the HPCA crowd in that regard, and this proves it. Remember in the HPCA thread when I said I hated the one dude with the racist avatar?

Guess what picture crackpot just posted in N&P.

Akhlut

#75 Post by Akhlut »

"Hai guiz, mebbe we're actually the ones to blame for why shit is terrible over there?"

"Shut the fuck up! they shouldn't take little jokes so hard! Blargh! Evil Muslimes! SHEP SOLUTION!"