Shroom Man 777
The Mang, the Myth, the Legend.

Re: Testing Chat Thread

#2401 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Aaron
El Duderino

#2402 Post by Aaron »

Nah man, I'm with you, I wish smoking could be gotten rid of. It's fucking disgusting, almost as bad as chew.

Shroom Man 777
The Mang, the Myth, the Legend.

#2403 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

too bad people are morons

Aaron
El Duderino

#2404 Post by Aaron »

*shrug* it is what it is, i don't lose sleep over it.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#2405 Post by RyanThunder »

Aaron wrote:Nah man, I'm with you, I wish smoking could be gotten rid of. It's fucking disgusting, almost as bad as chew.
See I don't want to be a dick, but sometimes other people really do just know what's better for you than you do.

I don't even know if its feasible to give them the ability to act on it generally without other people abusing it somehow, so I don't usually advocate it without levels of oversight that would make the word 'Byzantine' seem like a terrible understatement...

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#2406 Post by adr »

smoking optimism: 50 years ago it was super common and accepted. not so much any more. this battle is being won

the biggest problem with prohibition if you ask me is they tried to go too far too fast. people weren't ready to go all the way yet. but the slow decline we're seeing now will eventually end it too

http://www.healthnews.com/en/news/Decli ... fHWXcravde_/
Smoking is on the decline in America, not only in the total number of active smokers, but in the amount of cigarettes consumed. A newly released report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) shows that while fewer American adults are smoking, and those who still do are smoking less, the trend of decline falls short of government expectations.
[...]
However, the CDC found that rate of the decline between 2005 and 2010 has slowed since the previous five-year period. According to a statement from Dr. Tim McAfee, director of the CDC Office on Smoking and Health, “This slowing trend shows the need for intensified efforts to reduce cigarette smoking among adults.” He went on to explain, “We know what works: higher tobacco prices, hard-hitting media campaigns, graphic health warnings on cigarette packs, and 100 percent smoke-free policies, with easily accessible help for those who want to quit.”
[...]
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

Darth Tedious

#2407 Post by Darth Tedious »

People who say that giving to charity is selfish are generally either trying to make a convoluted excuse for their own tight wallets; or trying to justify their hatred of famous person X who just gave §1M to charity Y.
adr rox worship him or suffer large
and so forth, etc.
also STAR TREK

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#2408 Post by RyanThunder »

I might hate famous person X whether they gave a million simoleons to charity Y or not, but at least I won't use convoluted logic to say that what they did was somehow terrible. :?

Losonti Tokash

#2409 Post by Losonti Tokash »

which is basically what happened, romney donated a bunch of money to a "charity," the mormon church

but romney BAD, so charity from romney also BAD

better to say mormon church isn't a good place to send charitable donations because they use that same money to hurt people, but that's complicated

edit: can also point out romney donated way more last year than his average because he was running for president, or that a millionaire donating 30% of his income doesn't mean the same as someone on minimum wage donating 1% but oh well

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#2410 Post by Phantasee »

Theobromine wrote:
Phantasee wrote:Nobody made it a pissing contest about selflessness but Bean. So he was basically pissing himself the whole time.
I thought that there is a legitimate point somewhere that giving for personal reasons is a little less selfless than giving to something you have no interest in.

But its a useless, stupid point to make because all you can fairly say is that you deserve an A- grade for good conduct instead of an A. A pointless distinction unless your incredibly pedantic or for some reason have a real legitimate reason to weigh moral behavior down to fine distinctions.

Needless to say, only a jackass would try to make anyone feel less good about doing a good thing over something so small, unless you were being so overbearingly smug about it you deserved to be taken down a notch.
I'd say it's the difference between an A and an A+, but apparently UBC gives 4.33s for A+s.
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

adr

#2411 Post by adr »

i'm watching the new episode of ncis and they've really cranked up the ridiculousness. an undercover fbi agent gets a suspect into a situation where he could have easily been arrested

but instead the fbi takes him to a shady place and open fire without warning

what the fuck, that's a new low of law enforcement even for this show. there's a lot of killing in this show but i don't remember any blatant (attempted, he got away) murders like this before; there's usually a bad guy initiated gunfight of some sort; they raise a gun or something

i guess it is just following real life developments :< blargh

Aaron
El Duderino

#2412 Post by Aaron »

I guess its more exciting then busting a meth op in the barracks.

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#2413 Post by Darksi4190 »

adr wrote:i'm watching the new episode of ncis and they've really cranked up the ridiculousness. an undercover fbi agent gets a suspect into a situation where he could have easily been arrested

but instead the fbi takes him to a shady place and open fire without warning

what the fuck, that's a new low of law enforcement even for this show. there's a lot of killing in this show but i don't remember any blatant (attempted, he got away) murders like this before; there's usually a bad guy initiated gunfight of some sort; they raise a gun or something

i guess it is just following real life developments :< blargh

Hey we're both watching the same thing. We must both be really really bored. NCIS is like the worst television show ever.

Also I don't think they were authorized to kill him outright, but he had just blown up a shitload of federal agents. It might just have been a "let's kill him and plant a gun on him" type of thing.

adr

#2414 Post by adr »

idk, stupid fucking writing anyway. Now the FBI are partially responsible for any more bombings, since they could have so easily captured him on the street.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#2415 Post by Phantasee »

ATTN: Uraniun

https://twitter.com/nachopops/status/250749572387835904

"@nachopops: How can we be sure that Cassie's 'Me & U' isn't about her undying love for uranium?"

Darksi4190

#2416 Post by Darksi4190 »

aaaaaaaaaaand gibbs just straight up murdered a dude. It's like they forget that these people are cops and not CIA or NSA agents.

adr

#2417 Post by adr »

"and you know this because?"

gibbs: "because i read the script"

that's nothing new though, they always do that. anywho at least they had the guy grab a gun at the end. still pretty fucking stupid and murderous but he at least posed a little bit of a threat to kinda justify it

and ooh time for ncis la, let's see what they do on that murder. at least this one was understandable in the story, it was logical, in character, etc. though how they reset button it is surely going to be contriveddumbness

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#2418 Post by Phantasee »

i'm watching ll cool j tweet to himself while watching ncis la

it's so sad

Aaron
El Duderino

#2419 Post by Aaron »

lol, i saw that.

Aaron
El Duderino

#2420 Post by Aaron »

I don't have the heart to tell him it's garbage.

Flagg

#2421 Post by Flagg »

I do, is there a link?
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Aaron
El Duderino

#2422 Post by Aaron »

adr

#2423 Post by adr »

SURPRISE they hit the exact reset button i was expecting.

Darksi4190

#2424 Post by Darksi4190 »

So I haven't actually watched NCIS in a while. Are they still doing scenes of painfully annoying and forced sexual tension between the annoying dude and the foreign chick?

adr

#2425 Post by adr »

yup