Lament 2: Cry Harder

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

Re: Lament 2: Cry Harder

#151 Post by Darksi4190 »

ok, i've managed to scrape a couple hundred extra bucks together, and now i'm looking at this PC.

I like the better power supply and the better GPU. Have any of you guys had any experience with the GTX 550? i've heard decent things about it from some friends.

Zod
perkele

#152 Post by Zod »

Looks decent, I guess, but you could probably drop it down to an i5 and save some cash if you don't have any special need for an i7 processor.

Flagg

#153 Post by Flagg »

It's got really shit reviews.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#154 Post by Phantasee »

i7 is probably overkill for most of your needs, dude. I'm running an i5 right now and it is pretty damn smooth.
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#155 Post by Darksi4190 »

dayum. Those reviews are either shit or gold. It looks like if you get a working machine it's great, but half the time it arrives broken out of the box. I wonder if that's a problem with this "POWERGAMER" brand or a newegg thing in general.

joviwan

#156 Post by joviwan »

It's a problem with the powergamer brand. They're not actually a newegg company, they just sell their product through newegg.

Flagg

#157 Post by Flagg »

If you buy something called "powergamer" you deserve bad things.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#158 Post by RyanThunder »

So a girl gives me a fake number and then pocket dials me. Turns out its a scrambled version of her actual number so I just assumed it was a typo.

So I texted her later and said if she deliberately gave me the wrong number just let me know so I can delete the rest of her info.

Still haven't heard back, which is irritating. Come on, admit it. You lied stupidly when you could've just said you're too busy or hey, here's a novel idea, told the truth and said you weren't interested in the study group instead of wasting everybody's time just so you don't have to say 'no'.

But no that's awful somehow. :psyduck:

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#159 Post by RyanThunder »

That said its for the better, I could feel my brains leaking out the back of my head with every passing minute I spent talking to that one. :lol:

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#160 Post by adr »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IVCFYqBnPt0

(seinfeld on the end of a bad date)
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

Losonti Tokash

#161 Post by Losonti Tokash »

i love reading sad rationalizations

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#162 Post by Phantasee »

Or maybe she made a mistake or you made a mistake in writing it down? I like how you immediately went to "WELL IF YOU LIED TO ME JUST SAY SO", that'll really help.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#163 Post by RyanThunder »

Phantasee wrote:Or maybe she made a mistake or you made a mistake in writing it down? I like how you immediately went to "WELL IF YOU LIED TO ME JUST SAY SO", that'll really help.
Well hang on a minute, if anybody fucked up it was me, because she didn't feel comfortable giving me her number. Don't get me wrong; I accept that.

Didn't feel right anyway. She asked for my number and I had to think pretty hard to remember it. I intended to tell her what time the study group was at, and I couldn't remember that, either. Really, it was not going very well.

And she typed it in. I just figured it was typo at the time. Then I realized that she was like "Well, this is awkward" after she pocket dialed me without even seeing that the number was different. I just looked at it and laughed "Oh, I guess you made a typo." without considering that. Then she looked at me and kind of bolted. :lol:

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#164 Post by RyanThunder »

It's all good anyway, some other girl basically asked me to take her on a date earlier. So, fun times. I'm not complaining so much as marveling at some of the assumptions people make.

Yes, yes, mine included. :psyduck:

I'll have to settle for my study group being a total sausagefest. Ah well. :|

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#165 Post by Phantasee »

Man I don't know how you have such troubles with getting phone numbers. I've never had problems.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#166 Post by RyanThunder »

I generally don't. Hell one of my study groups is just me and a bunch of girls (none of the guys showed up :|) It was just that one girl was really hot I guess and I lost my head.

Anyway, I wouldn't get in that situation in the first place because I don't give out my number or ask for numbers if I don't want to. Unlike some people, it seems. :smug:

While we're on a loosely related subject, you know all that stuff I said about women that you wanted to ban me over? Yeah I was totally wrong, and I'm sorry for spouting it in the first place. I just needed to talk to people more. Turns out they aren't so bad.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#167 Post by Phantasee »

I'm glad that was the lesson you took away and applied.

Zod
perkele

#168 Post by Zod »

RyanThunder wrote:So a girl gives me a fake number and then pocket dials me. Turns out its a scrambled version of her actual number so I just assumed it was a typo.

So I texted her later and said if she deliberately gave me the wrong number just let me know so I can delete the rest of her info.

Still haven't heard back, which is irritating. Come on, admit it. You lied stupidly when you could've just said you're too busy or hey, here's a novel idea, told the truth and said you weren't interested in the study group instead of wasting everybody's time just so you don't have to say 'no'.

But no that's awful somehow. :psyduck:
Turns out some guys take face to face rejections poorly and some girls don't want to put up with that shit?

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#169 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

If your reaction to a rejection is to tell people "yeah well her loss 'cause she's just a stupid slut anyway", then you haven't really grasped the entirety of the lesson.

Also what Zod said.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#170 Post by RyanThunder »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:If your reaction to a rejection is to tell people "yeah well her loss 'cause she's just a stupid slut anyway", then you haven't really grasped the entirety of the lesson.
That's not what I was thinking at all. I was thinking I wouldn't work very effectively with her in the room, in retrospect. That's not her problem, that's mine. xD

I mean, yeah, she did something I thought was stupid, but that's entirely divorced from why I think its for the better that she didn't join the group...

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#171 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

Alright, fair enough. I misunderstood what you said and I apologise for insulting you due to that.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#172 Post by RyanThunder »

It's all good.

Aaron
El Duderino

#173 Post by Aaron »

Oh thank fuck, its looking like my buddy whose been in my basement a month might qualify for a 1200$ emergency fund for homeless vets.

If I was a praying man, I'd be pestering the shit out of god right now.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#174 Post by RyanThunder »

Zod wrote:Turns out some guys take face to face rejections poorly and some girls don't want to put up with that shit?
Still could've just said she was busy instead of pretending to give me her number.
Last edited by RyanThunder on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Losonti Tokash

#175 Post by Losonti Tokash »

I don't mean to alarm you, but a lot of guys won't take the hint when the girl says she's busy and will keep pushing. They're usually less concerned with a guy's feelings and more "oh god how can I get this guy to leave me alone without him freaking out."