Lament 2: Cry Harder

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Aaron
El Duderino

Re: Lament 2: Cry Harder

#651 Post by Aaron »

Actually, I don't think I'm going to let her come back until she does the mandatory safety course for her license. I almost lost a foot over this once, I don't want to lose Val because she's out of it.

Agent Bert Macklin

#652 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Aaron wrote:So it finally happened, Val got muzzle swept yesterday by our buddies kinda space cadet wife.

Fortunately I was there to immediately grab it, and it was cleared when she picked it up but jesus fucking christ.

She's not allowed to do anything at the range anymore without being completely supervised by Val or I.

God damn.
What's muzzle swept? When someone is candidly moving the weapon about without regard for others?

Aaron
El Duderino

#653 Post by Aaron »

And it passes over a person.

Losonti Tokash

#654 Post by Losonti Tokash »

Basically a big fucking deal. It's why you'll see someone casually turning around and everyone dives to the ground.

Aaron
El Duderino

#655 Post by Aaron »

Yeah its a massive safety violation.

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#656 Post by Darksi4190 »

Aaron wrote:So it finally happened, Val got muzzle swept yesterday by our buddies kinda space cadet wife.

Fortunately I was there to immediately grab it, and it was cleared when she picked it up but jesus fucking christ.

She's not allowed to do anything at the range anymore without being completely supervised by Val or I.

God damn.
Didn't you say she did that once already? Once is an accident or lack of proper training, twice is just carelessness. That's what my friends told me when we were doing drills before our second trip out.

Anyways this reminds me of a story Allen's dad told us that he apparently heard from his ex-army neighbor.

So this dude was on the range trying to qualify for the M-16, and the guy next to him fired a shot. Apparently the hot brass casing went down the front of the dude's shirt, and he jerked around while firing on full auto and strafed the spotting tower while everyone dove for cover.

Apparently he didn't qualify for the M-16, but he did qualify to get the shit kicked out of him by a trio of MPs.

Aaron
El Duderino

#657 Post by Aaron »

She almost did last time with the 12gauge but I grabbed it in time. She gets one more chance, we'll do a full safety brief with demo and if she can't handle it then she can wait in the car.

Aaron
El Duderino

#658 Post by Aaron »

So now I'm sitting outside in the dark to work on getting startled by noise as well as noises that I can't identify the source of. I thought I heard pistol shots this morning and someone cocking a rifle, which turned out to be a staple gun.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#659 Post by Phantasee »

"Oh hey Phant I know it's 7am and you're about to head to work but can you have a budget ready for tonight so we can present it to at the meeting on saturday? I know you thought you had until January to prepare it but we kinda need it now."

Sure, not like accounting is fucking hard or something. Or that I promised to not just copy and paste the same fucking budget since 2009 AT LEAST with no tweaks to account for the fact we're asking for double the money....

fuck.

The last guy to have this job held it for three years and now that i look at what he's done and how much of his record keeping is just shit from the guy before him the more i'm amazed at what little effort is required to keep an organization running

of course i can't just let it sit like it is and have to reform the position so we don't have this level of bullshit continuing into the future

just like the last position i held

fuck me
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Shroom Man 777
The Mang, the Myth, the Legend.

#660 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

aaron mang if a person hangs around deadly weapons and handles them without presence of mind or seriousness of what they're doing, they shouldn't be there in the first place

Aaron
El Duderino

#661 Post by Aaron »

Aye I agree. I'm trying to be nice cause he has PTSD and going with us is basically his only socializing.

Oxymoron

#662 Post by Oxymoron »

So, I'm just coming out of a reunion of ancients of the formation I'm currently following, and I encountered an old colleague who was in the same promotion I was in a few years ago (it's complicated and irrelevant...) ; and by the magic of conversation I learned that a good friend of mine from that time has lost both his parents, and turned to "religion" to sooth his pain. Apparently his facebook's status update are heavy on the "Jesus loves you!" side...

Talk about an "oh fuck no" moment. :'(
No.

The Spartan

#663 Post by The Spartan »

Is she such a space cadet that reviewing the five cardinal rules of gun safety every time you take her to the range/handle weapons until it sticks wouldn't work?

I mean, I've been handling guns for 25ish years and I still review them when I take one of my guns to the range. I even review them with people I'm "only" showing my guns to, which isn't very often.

Aaron
El Duderino

#664 Post by Aaron »

We'll see I guess. Her hubby is going to go over it with her at home. I guess he wasn't impressed either.

timmy

#665 Post by timmy »

Jesus christ. Did you get an apology?

Because hearing excuses would just make it worse

Like this incident

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vduhp2F9KXg

Insisted afterwards that it was a legit barrel check
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

Aaron
El Duderino

#666 Post by Aaron »

We did yeah. She tries, she's just clueless.

Agent Bert Macklin

#667 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Timmy, which episode is that from?

timmy

#668 Post by timmy »

Arctic Challenge

When called out on it later, he insisted that it was 'the only way to check for ice'

-thejester

Aaron
El Duderino

#669 Post by Aaron »

That from the out takes?

timmy

#670 Post by timmy »

Yeah.

-thejester

Nietzslime
Give these people air!

#671 Post by Nietzslime »

A not insignificant portion of my life right now is taken up by taking care of my suicidally depressed roommate with crohn's and early-onset arthritis

Which would be fine except that he's also kind of a jerk and a bad person

Basically my vent is that finding a new apartment is a bitch
Europe: Genocide-free since at least 1996.

Agent Bert Macklin

#672 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

I cannot believe that Googletranscodes audio files when you use their cloud service. Most of my audio files are AAC but or some reason the cocksuckers convert them to mp3. Holy shit they sound terrible on my car's stereo.

timmy

#673 Post by timmy »

A woman I know dropped into an email conversation how good 360 sounds on the stereo in her Audi

So in my return email I declared that it was one of those imbalances in life that everyone's moaning out the arse about this guy when his real genius appears to have been surrounding himself with actual talented musicians, and if you take away all that he's just a bogan reading middle-Australia poetry.

Should I man up and tell her that the part that really annoyed me was her using the whole thing to brag about her husband buying her a luxury car

-thejester

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#674 Post by Phantasee »

Why not?
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

timmy

#675 Post by timmy »

She emailed last night with an angry email that basically admonished me for throwing stones in a glass house

Which makes me wonder if she's reading this forum

If so, that's stalking and honestly a bit frightening

This is how paranoia begins

-thejester