The Return of Testing Chat Thread

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Oxymoron

Re: The Return of Testing Chat Thread

#1351 Post by Oxymoron »

RyanThunder wrote:That's all well and good except that the vast majority of the goddamn planet is made up of total fucking idiots.
There's your problem.

Do yourself a service, and stop with the insufferable sense of self-superiority.

Tust me, it can only do you good.
No.

Shroom Man 777
The Mang, the Myth, the Legend.

#1352 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

well, at least he shows himself to be a mang of the people

evilsoup

#1353 Post by evilsoup »

I thought it was finland who had the high gun ownership/low gun crime thing

Shroom Man 777

#1354 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

maybe i mistook my european countries in making my flippant soundbite

Aaron
El Duderino

#1355 Post by Aaron »

RyanThunder wrote:That's all well and good except that the vast majority of the goddamn planet is made up of total fucking idiots.
Fear is your enemy, the only enemy. You should work on mastering it.

Oxymoron

#1356 Post by Oxymoron »

'Soup : Finland or Norway. Not sure which. Probably Finland, though. Always making sure to be ready in case the Russians decide to come say hello :v
No.

Shroom Man 777

#1357 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Aaron wrote:
Fear is your enemy, the only enemy. You should work on mastering it.
it stems from having no clue how the rest of the outside world functions

i think that for a lot of guise like that, and in a way hpca-er types too who are in a way similar, it's liek... they're a bunch of isolated scared people who have no idea what they're getting themselves into, or who seem to think that they know everything about what they're getting themselves into

when, it turns out, they're just in a river steamship

and the rest of the world around them, the places the rest of us dwell in and exist in, is the vast and deep and inscrutable jungle thats surrounds their little PT boat and is filled with all sorts of great and terrible and magnificent things that their preconcepts and fears can barely grasp, and they'll never know it if they just stay on that damn boat and never venture out into the great depths around them
Last edited by Shroom Man 777 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1358 Post by Aaron »

evilsoup wrote:I thought it was finland who had the high gun ownership/low gun crime thing
Switzerland, finland, canada all have high ownership and low crime. The presence of guns merely makes criminals more efficient. Personally I consider that lack of social services and the apathetic attitude towards the poor in America to be more important.

Canada's crime has decreased steadily with improved living conditions and better social services removing the requirement to turn to crime just to survive. A trend that started before gun control btw.

Shroom Man 777

#1359 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

man if you stick a guy in jail to get raped and exposed to organized crime mofos and all that shit, and expect him to come out after years of that bullshit a changed and reformed mang

man

but hey punishment rite

Aaron
El Duderino

#1360 Post by Aaron »

Honestly Oxy, given the history between Russia and Finland, I consider that totally acceptable.

it stems from having no clue how the rest of the outside world functions

i think that for a lot of guise like that, and in a way hpca-er types too who are in a way similar, it's liek... they're a bunch of isolated scared people who have no idea what they're getting themselves into, or who seem to think that they know everything about what they're getting themselves into

when, it turns out, they're just in a river steamship

and the rest of the world around them, the places the rest of us dwell in and exist in, is the vast and deep and inscrutable jungle thats around their little PT boat
Yeah. Like Chocs my attitude in regards to safety and responsibility has changed significantly since I started shooting. As owners we have a responsibility to our society not to be dangerous jack asses.

Oxymoron

#1361 Post by Oxymoron »

I totally agree with you Aaron that Finland has all the historical incentives to not be a dis-armed society.

BTW, I think Finland is one of the few European countries to still have conscription & military service. Given the size of its population, it's understandable they would want everyone to be able to fight should the shit hit the fan, I'd say.
No.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1362 Post by Aaron »

Hey shroom, I'll need a 1911 for Wild Bunch matches. Do you know anything about the Philippines companies, SAM and ARMSCOR?

Reliability is the number one concern for me.
I totally agree with you Aaron that Finland has all the historical incentives to not be a dis-armed society.

BTW, I think Finland is one of the few European countries to still have conscription & military service. Given the size of its population, it's understandable they would want everyone to be able to fight should the shit hit the fan, I'd say..
They're pretty good too, far better then the usual trash conscription generates.

Interesting that the usual reason for Americans having guns is useless given that historically owners support the government and took part in tyranny, helping to slaughter the First Nations, etc.

evilsoup

#1363 Post by evilsoup »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:maybe i mistook my european countries in making my flippant soundbite
do they all look the same to you :v

Shroom Man 777

#1364 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

mang imagine what if the hysterical shrieking overreaction and misunderstanding over, well, buncha guys who just want to own guns and shits (zomgblarghblarghblargh), is actually rooted from some skewered perspective on the rest of the world and this underlying problemo, this lack of calibration, might lead to also other kinds of mistaken ideas on how other things in the world work

mang

aaron:

i heard armscor actually lost in those competitions with other brands to be the service pistol of the local military but because some rich politico has shares in the company, it won anyway and got adopted

i guess pretty much you get what you pay for or something

Aaron
El Duderino

#1365 Post by Aaron »

Man, that instantly dropped my interest in armscor to zero. Cause I can't abide that crap.

Shroom Man 777

#1366 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

oh shit shooters arms international = SAM?

lols

some of their stuff is manufactured by guise in my island in a region that back in the day (years ago before they got legalized and ended up in SAM) was known for its mom and pops garage gun manufacturing thing where you could get el cheapo guns that were as likely to keel the other guy as explode in your hand

theyve gone quite far since then i guess

their quality is getting better i hear and guns and shit are pretty simple to manufacture but idk, if you want a gun, and a gun is something that liek lasts forever and shits, it's not something you'd wanna get off cheapo like some made-in-china (or philippines) USB or mouse or something

srsly if i was looking for a gun and saving up for one, i personally wouldn't

Shroom Man 777

#1367 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

but idk, maybe i'm biased, since before i left home and my whole life changed and shit, i was spoiled on the good stuff, sigs, walthers, h&k, but for the srs gun collectors over here, ye-ah, they don't really do local brands

(but a lot of the srs gun collectors over here are really loaded guise and so they just stockpile all sorts of obscene gear...)

Aaron
El Duderino

#1368 Post by Aaron »

Oh those are only on the list because of price. But I've also heard that internally a lot of the parts aren't steel but other, lighter materials.

I'll probably end up with a domestic gun, I'm savvy enough to realize price shouldn't be the first one the list.

Oxymoron

#1369 Post by Oxymoron »

"Wild Bunch" ? Isn't that the western/cow-boy reenacting thingy you were talking about earlier ?

If yes, wouldn't a 1911 look a bit out of place ?
No.

Shroom Man 777

#1370 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

i really can't endorse locally-made firearms because, eh, er, yeah
Armscor deal

Police corruption is also highlighted in the procurement of equipment for law enforcers, according to the leaked cable.

It cited a procurement decision in 2003 to replace existing stocks of 9mm handguns with caliber .45 1911-A1 pistols that allegedly benefited a relative of then First Gentleman Jose Miguel "Mike" Arroyo.

"In a P20-million peso ($377,358) contract, the PNP amended its 1995 specifications for caliber .45 handguns. This change caused gun dealers to complain that the changes were made to allow only the purchase of model 1911-A1 pistols made by Arms Corporation of the Philippines (Armscor)," the cable said.

"Gun dealers grumbled that the PNP sought to 'change the rules to favor the company owned by (First Gentleman) Mike Arroyo's first cousin’ (Demetrio "Bolo" Tuason). One disgruntled gun dealer commented that 'if this isn't tailoring specs to favor Armscor, then I don't know what is,'" it revealed.

Gun dealers later also complained that in tests conducted by the PNP, the Armscor pistols' safety broke during the drop test and jammed at 3,000 rounds, when the PNP's minimum for an endurance test is 5,000 rounds.

"During training conducted in 2005 in the Philippines by Joint Inter-Agency Task Force-West personnel, trainers commented that the Armscor .45s were unreliable, inaccurate, and potentially dangerous to the operator. Nevertheless, Armscor remains an approved supplier to the PNP," it said.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/-depth/08/25 ... olice-mess
oxy:

the wild bunch movie is set in the early 1900s mexico and they were killing each other with maxim guns (or were those vickers) and 1911s

like, the end of the cowboy era, where folks had semi-automatics and pump-action shotguns and stuff

Aaron
El Duderino

#1371 Post by Aaron »

Its a specific category based on the Wild Bunch movie.

1911's, the winchester pump shotgun, and a lever action in .40 or above.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1372 Post by Aaron »

Oh dear, yeah I'm not going to run one of those in competition. Thanks shroom.

Shroom Man 777

#1373 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

i hope the local firearms industry's improved since then tho

but ye-ah

Oxymoron

#1374 Post by Oxymoron »

Ah, I see. Is it related to that movie ? : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck,_You_Sucker!

Off-topic, but is this representative of Iron Sky's quality as a movie ? : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D35tR_cR0ww
No.

Shroom Man 777

#1375 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

duck you sucker was great

wild bunch wasn't one of sergio leone's though

but yeah, they're set in sort of in the same time period