The Return of Testing Chat Thread

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Aaron
El Duderino

Re: The Return of Testing Chat Thread

#1601 Post by Aaron »

Screaming at people that their wrong doesn't change anyones mind, so why do it?

I'm here for casual conversation and to relax, there are other places I can go if I want to be angry.

Losonti Tokash

#1602 Post by Losonti Tokash »

Count Chocula wrote:Oh well, I forgot about Canadian intolerance. Shame on me.
guess how much i want a visit from the secret service

not fucking much so hey don't make death threats against the president

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#1603 Post by adr »

I don't think the Gestapo secret service has enough manpower to watch every forum on the internet and send agents to anyone who might say something.

And even if they did, sic semper tyrannis. Death to America.
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#1604 Post by RyanThunder »

You are an idiot.

adr

#1605 Post by adr »

Seriously, do you actually censor out of fear that g-men are going to come to your door (even though you weren't even the one who said it???) Or is this just another excuse to pick on a poster you all don't like?

Straha
Lecturer

#1606 Post by Straha »

thejester wrote:friendly guy is seriously the dumbest cunt going around
Ziggy is in the running for the position with his attempts to claim that the phrase "Fucked up the ass" doesn't imply anything sexual or homophobic.
"Is it not part of being erotically experienced, however, to know that the desire to enter the other can lead one to the wrong entrance?" - Peter Sloterdijk

"Ethics is endless, the law is terminal." - Paul Mann

joviwan

#1607 Post by joviwan »

probably ought to reconsider 'dumbest cunt' before the irony train starts going choo-choo

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#1608 Post by RyanThunder »

Don't worry, I'll ride that shit into the ground with a straight face. Zero fucks given. :smug:

Straha
Lecturer

#1609 Post by Straha »

joviwan wrote:probably ought to reconsider 'dumbest cunt' before the irony train starts going choo-choo
No, the irony train doesn't go "Choo-choo".
It goes "Chockles-Chockles Chockles-Chockles Chockles-Chockles"
"Is it not part of being erotically experienced, however, to know that the desire to enter the other can lead one to the wrong entrance?" - Peter Sloterdijk

"Ethics is endless, the law is terminal." - Paul Mann

Aaron
El Duderino

#1610 Post by Aaron »

adr wrote:Seriously, do you actually censor out of fear that g-men are going to come to your door (even though you weren't even the one who said it???) Or is this just another excuse to pick on a poster you all don't like?
Didn't they come talk to some kid who was doodling in school?

They don’t have a sense of humour.

Flagg

#1611 Post by Flagg »

Aaron wrote:
adr wrote:Seriously, do you actually censor out of fear that g-men are going to come to your door (even though you weren't even the one who said it???) Or is this just another excuse to pick on a poster you all don't like?
Didn't they come talk to some kid who was doodling in school?

They don’t have a sense of humour.
The really don't. There was a radio DJ in FL who used to tell stories about the Secret Service paying him a visit when he suggested Reagan should have been shot for the whole Iran-Contra high treason thing.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Oxymoron

#1612 Post by Oxymoron »

You have to keep in mind it his their job to ensure none of some key official be victim of crime (murder or other).

It's their JOB. It's what they are paid for and judged upon.

So they have ALL the incentives in the world to be extra-careful.

Plus, these days monitoring the internet isn't "that" hard. Just pass a contract with Google to inform you of all the occurences of certain keywords, and have half a hundred people tasked to plow through all the results to eliminate the false positives, and then throw the maybe-positive to investigators.
No.

Losonti Tokash

#1613 Post by Losonti Tokash »

adr wrote:I don't think the Gestapo secret service has enough manpower to watch every forum on the internet and send agents to anyone who might say something.

And even if they did, sic semper tyrannis. Death to America.
they don't need to when anyone on here can just forward a link to his post on to tips.fbi.gov

but you're right, the only reason anyone would DARE say a mean thing to count chocula is because we don't like him

ps it was pretty sweet how you undid his 7-day ban for racism without any reason or explanation

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1614 Post by RogueIce »

evilsoup wrote:
Count Chocula wrote:Anyway, aside from User Fiction and Artwork, the place is an echoooo chamber.
Completely unlike here, amirite :v
I disagree with everything everyone has ever said on this board. Including myself.
Losonti Tokash wrote:ps it was pretty sweet how you undid his 7-day ban for racism without any reason or explanation
I think he's explained the "doesn't believe in bans" thing before. Perhaps that extends to temp bans as well?

adr

#1615 Post by adr »

Aaron wrote:Didn't they come talk to some kid who was doodling in school?
Happened more than once, but every case there I can find is because someone called the cops about it, and the agents didn't go after the kid's friends and teachers.

It is completely irrational for Los to fear the police going after him for something Chocula said. (Or didn't actually say!)

adr

#1616 Post by adr »

Losonti Tokash wrote:ps it was pretty sweet how you undid his 7-day ban for racism without any reason or explanation
Bans are unconstitutional on this board.

Flagg

#1617 Post by Flagg »

adr wrote:
Aaron wrote:Didn't they come talk to some kid who was doodling in school?
Happened more than once, but every case there I can find is because someone called the cops about it, and the agents didn't go after the kid's friends and teachers.

It is completely irrational for Los to fear the police going after him for something Chocula said. (Or didn't actually say!)
Los didn't say that. But then you don't exist in reality, so I'm not surprised you'd just make shit up.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#1618 Post by Bakustra »

yeah, but that's still what we call geek social fallacy number 1

and frankly i don't think that adopting vulgar anarchism is helpful for actually maintaining a working social order even for the microcosm of a forum

even without specific rewards or punishment, strategically ostracizing or shutting down arguments is still important
adr wrote:
you're a fucking idiot, and not in a joking, ha-ha we're all friends here way

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#1619 Post by Darksi4190 »

adr wrote:
As if we didn't learn that when Stark was deleted and you completely failed to act in any sort of reasonable fashion.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1620 Post by Aaron »

Guys, why do you bother?

Flagg

#1621 Post by Flagg »

Darksi4190 wrote:
adr wrote:
As if we didn't learn that when Stark was deleted and you completely failed to act in any sort of reasonable fashion.
Let's be honest here. If it had been Stark doing it to Ein or Cockula, he'd have been out on his ass.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Flagg

#1622 Post by Flagg »

Aaron wrote:Guys, why do you bother?
Spleen venting is fun! :frogout:
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

adr

#1623 Post by adr »

Flagg wrote:Los didn't say that. But then you don't exist in reality, so I'm not surprised you'd just make shit up.
http://testingstan.arsdnet.net/forum/vi ... 977#p48977

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#1624 Post by Bakustra »

adr wrote:
Flagg wrote:Los didn't say that. But then you don't exist in reality, so I'm not surprised you'd just make shit up.
http://testingstan.arsdnet.net/forum/vi ... 977#p48977
Geek Social Fallacy #1: Ostracizers Are Evil

GSF1 is one of the most common fallacies, and one of the most deeply held. Many geeks have had horrible, humiliating, and formative experiences with ostracism, and the notion of being on the other side of the transaction is repugnant to them.

In its non-pathological form, GSF1 is benign, and even commendable: it is long past time we all grew up and stopped with the junior high popularity games. However, in its pathological form, GSF1 prevents its carrier from participating in -- or tolerating -- the exclusion of anyone from anything, be it a party, a comic book store, or a web forum, and no matter how obnoxious, offensive, or aromatic the prospective excludee may be.

As a result, nearly every geek social group of significant size has at least one member that 80% of the members hate, and the remaining 20% merely tolerate. If GSF1 exists in sufficient concentration -- and it usually does -- it is impossible to expel a person who actively detracts from every social event. GSF1 protocol permits you not to invite someone you don't like to a given event, but if someone spills the beans and our hypothetical Cat Piss Man invites himself, there is no recourse. You must put up with him, or you will be an Evil Ostracizer and might as well go out for the football team.

This phenomenon has a number of unpleasant consequences. For one thing, it actively hinders the wider acceptance of geek-related activities: I don't know that RPGs and comics would be more popular if there were fewer trolls who smell of cheese hassling the new blood, but I'm sure it couldn't hurt. For another, when nothing smacking of social selectiveness can be discussed in public, people inevitably begin to organize activities in secret. These conspiracies often lead to more problems down the line, and the end result is as juvenile as anything a seventh-grader ever dreamed of.

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#1625 Post by Darksi4190 »

Aaron wrote:Guys, why do you bother?

If we don't berate him, he'll never learn.