The Testing Chat III: The Time of Great Chatting

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Zod
perkele

Re: The Testing Chat III: The Time of Great Chatting

#751 Post by Zod »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:Not to burst your bubble but there's a pretty reasonable chance that was just her way of defusing the situation more gently than "jesus christ what the fuck"
I made it a point of playing it down as not a big deal, and I don't have any plans to bring it up again unless she does. But the reaction was still more positive than I expected. :v

Agent Bert Macklin

#752 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Aaron wrote:So whats the VIP get you?
Booze and a section to sit in.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#753 Post by RyanThunder »

Man I love that. On the one hand you have all these people telling you to grow a spine if you want to get laid. On the other hand you have all these other people telling you that doing anything that growing a spine might enable you to do is just creepy, even though people do it all the time and a large enough subset of women obviously don't think it's creepy at all. Oh and of course they bitch at you without offering any sort of alternative that isn't just insipid nonsense that we all know doesn't work.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#754 Post by RyanThunder »

You know how I got laid last? Igot so drunk at a party that I did not give a single fuck about anything.

How exactly this ended up with me getting laid instead of just saying a lot of stupid shit, I don't know.

Zod
perkele

#755 Post by Zod »

RyanThunder wrote:Man I love that. On the one hand you have all these people telling you to grow a spine if you want to get laid. On the other hand you have all these other people telling you that doing anything that growing a spine might enable you to do is just creepy, even though people do it all the time and a large enough subset of women obviously don't think it's creepy at all. Oh and of course they bitch at you without offering any sort of alternative that isn't just insipid nonsense that we all know doesn't work.
Thing is? I'm not going to just drop this sort of thing on any random girl and hope for results. I only dropped it at all because I've known this particular girl for a few months now, we're on pretty friendly terms and it managed to flow into the conversation.

Her: I'll pick up blah blah blah while I'm out tonight, I'm meeting someone for a date.

Me: It's not the douchebag text spammer is it?

Her: Nah, it's an ex that I've broke up with a couple times.

Me: But you still keep going back?

Her: The sex was good.

Me: Oh, well if you ever just want a roll in the sheets sometime . . .

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#756 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

If "growing a spine" does nothing but enable you to finally attempt all the creepy behavior you've been holding off on then the problem may not be the people telling you to get a spine.

PS ryan if you want people to give you meaningful advice on how to improve your life maybe start by not being a smug all-knowing jackass :D

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#757 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

Also zod you might want to work on you descriptions better 'cause when I think "blatantly propositioned a friend" I figure you mean something a bit more than a flirty joke :P

Zod
perkele

#758 Post by Zod »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:Also zod you might want to work on you descriptions better 'cause when I think "blatantly propositioned a friend" I figure you mean something a bit more than a flirty joke :P
See the problem is you automatically assume the worse. :v

RogueIce
#YOLO

#759 Post by RogueIce »

Alcohol gives you game.

Scientific fact. :prof:

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#760 Post by RyanThunder »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:If "growing a spine" does nothing but enable you to finally attempt all the creepy behavior you've been holding off on then the problem may not be the people telling you to get a spine.
You just assume that I'm doing anything creepy.

Amusingly, I'm less creepy when I wear a leather jacket. Turns out that its only creepy if you don't look wealthy or well put together. :v
PS ryan if you want people to give you meaningful advice on how to improve your life maybe start by not being a smug all-knowing jackass :D
Well I'll try to be less smug, but the omniscience will be a bit of a chore :lol:

Aaron
El Duderino

#761 Post by Aaron »

Lol, turns out different people can get away with using different approaches.

Zablorg
Baron of the Burrito

#762 Post by Zablorg »

once i clicked the link and saw aaron's post

i knew this thread in my core

Aaron
El Duderino

#763 Post by Aaron »

Is that good or bad?

RogueIce
#YOLO

#764 Post by RogueIce »

So anyway, latest episode of TCW was fucking awesome - there's just no other way to put it. Definately up in my top ten percent of overall episodes.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#765 Post by RyanThunder »

Aaron wrote:Lol, turns out different people can get away with using different approaches.
For sure. Dont misunderstand me btw, I don't think that a girl is obligated to sleep with me if I do xyz or anything like that. I dislike the attitude people like IB were giving Zod. Like "well she didn't sleep with you so she probably thinks you're creepy and anything you think is positive that isn't a 'yes please fuck me right here' is probably her just trying to get the hell away from you." then they just completely gloss over the fact that Zod had the courage to actually ask instead of... Whatever passive-aggressive, obtuse indirection they think he should do.
Last edited by RyanThunder on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zod
perkele

#766 Post by Zod »

RyanThunder wrote:
Aaron wrote:Lol, turns out different people can get away with using different approaches.
For sure. Dont misunderstand me btw, I don't think that a girl is obligated to sleep with me if I do xyz or anything like that. I dislike the attitude people like IB were giving Zod. Like "well she didn't sleep with you so she probably thinks you're creepy and anything you think is positive that isn't a 'yes please fuck me right here' is probably her just trying to get the hell away from you." then they just completely gloss over the fact that you had the courage to actually ask instead of... Whatever passive-aggressive, obtuse indirection they think you should do.
It's a matter of knowing your audience. If I know a girl well enough to realize she'd probably take that sort of thing with a good sense of humor then I'll drop it in, but if it's someone I just know on a casual basis from work or whatever then probably not. Besides, getting sex wasn't the point. The point was to communicate interest without being needy or desperate about it. :v

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#767 Post by RyanThunder »

Exactly. Nothing wrong with that.

Veef

#768 Post by Veef »

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#769 Post by Phantasee »

I think the part that bugs me is the casual discussion of it. I've never been comfortable with that. Especially since in most situations with "the boys" everyone is exaggerating anyway.
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Zod
perkele

#770 Post by Zod »

Phantasee wrote:I think the part that bugs me is the casual discussion of it. I've never been comfortable with that. Especially since in most situations with "the boys" everyone is exaggerating anyway.
It helps that a lot of women I know tend to have a more sex-positive mindset.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#771 Post by Phantasee »

i'm okay with talking about it with the person i'm having an intimate relationship with

but i'm not okay with talking about it with other dudes

because it always sounds like bragging and feels disrespectful of the other person
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

timmy

#772 Post by timmy »

It is bragging, but ask yourself why people feel the need to brag.

I'm not excusing the behaviour, just making the observation
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#773 Post by Darksi4190 »

So i've just finished a first draft of an english essay i'm bringing in for peer editing in a few hours.

Due to a bit of writer's block and not getting to spend as much time on it as I wanted to this weekend the essay is....... not good. I hope I can improve it considerably before the final draft is due next week.

timmy

#774 Post by timmy »

All the Russians wanna rock, drop a ruble in the slot
Of that jukebox in Siberia, jukebox in Siberia

-thejester

timmy

#775 Post by timmy »

Can you imagine an anime version of Animal Farm?

-thejester