Lament 3: Cry Hard With A Vengeance

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Zod
perkele

Re: Lament 3: Cry Hard With A Vengeance

#1001 Post by Zod »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:Zod, you seem to come to conclusions about how to fix your life on a regular basis. While there's something to be said for the fact that you seem to follow through with them rather than just sit around, it doesn't seem as if you have good luck with making the conclusions to begin with so you may want to seek outside perspective.
Let's put it this way. Do you know how much a shrink goes for?

Between the dental work I need fixed, figuring out how to pay for my degree and move in the next couple months, I don't have the money for that kind of thing. So in the meantime, it pretty much comes down to self-analyzing.

Agent Bert Macklin

#1002 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Why are you moving again? Didn't you just settle in New York?

Zod
perkele

#1003 Post by Zod »

Negative Knub wrote:Why are you moving again? Didn't you just settle in New York?
Yes, but I want to finish up my degree and it's too expensive to do it here.

Agent Bert Macklin

#1004 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

What degree do you want to finish?

Zod
perkele

#1005 Post by Zod »

Negative Knub wrote:What degree do you want to finish?
Architectural Design. It's an Associate's, but it's enough to land me jobs in a few choice locations.

Zod
perkele

#1006 Post by Zod »

Also 8 months of living in New York kind of numbs you to the realities of actually living here and really makes you disgruntled.

Losonti Tokash

#1007 Post by Losonti Tokash »

Timbo: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 9154_o.jpg

:cheers:

edit: shit i wish we had timg but ohwell

Count Chocula
Liberal

#1008 Post by Count Chocula »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:
Oxymoron wrote:In my opinion, it's because here there's no tension of trying to convert each other to our respective "ideals". I mean, Chocs and me have radically different political views and we're still able to discuss things together without having it turn into a turd-fight, because we don't try to shove our beliefs down each others throat.

That kind of help the general atmosphere of open dialog I'd say.
Yeah but with Chocs it's not exactly a dialogue. At best you get more insight into his feelings, which I guess is superior to just yelling at him, but his ability to tune out everything he doesn't want to believe is pretty amazing.
Well, someone here has to assume the role of grumpy old guy who likes to use facts, at least 51% of the time anyway. I don't have a burning desire to change anyone's mind here.
"We've already had this discussion before. I treated you of barbaric caveman then." - Oxymoron

"He killed 80 people in 2 days"
"...he's adopted." - The Avengers

Count Chocula
Liberal

#1009 Post by Count Chocula »

Zod wrote:Also 8 months of living in New York kind of numbs you to the realities of actually living here and really makes you disgruntled.
My wife stepped off a PanAm plane from Havana at JFK and grew up in Astoria, Queens. We've been back to the Big Apple many times since she left it 20 years ago. I think New York's a great place to visit, but the hell with trying to live there. My wife told me that no job in New York is worth us moving there, so yeah...living in New York can suck day to day. This is of course anecdotal and not statistical evidence.
"We've already had this discussion before. I treated you of barbaric caveman then." - Oxymoron

Zod
perkele

#1010 Post by Zod »

Count Chocula wrote:
Zod wrote:Also 8 months of living in New York kind of numbs you to the realities of actually living here and really makes you disgruntled.
My wife stepped off a PanAm plane from Havana at JFK and grew up in Astoria, Queens. We've been back to the Big Apple many times since she left it 20 years ago. I think New York's a great place to visit, but the hell with trying to live there. My wife told me that no job in New York is worth us moving there, so yeah...living in New York can suck day to day. This is of course anecdotal and not statistical evidence.
It wouldn't be so bad if I was making six figures and didn't have to commute from the Bronx to Long Island.

Count Chocula
Liberal

#1011 Post by Count Chocula »

I'm sorry you live in the Bronx. The rail lines are much better in Queens.

Of course, you could have settled into Staten Island. That would have been a real shit sandwich.

Zod
perkele

#1012 Post by Zod »

I was living on Staten Island for about a month. I managed to get out of there two days before Sandy hit. :v

Count Chocula
Liberal

#1013 Post by Count Chocula »

Zod wrote:I was living on Staten Island for about a month. I managed to get out of there two days before Sandy hit. :v
You live a charmed life, Zod!

Check out northern Virginia, out Centreville or Tysons Corner way. It's expensive but less so than Noo Yawk, easy rail access to DC, and there may be a local college with the coursework you desire. Philadelphia during the day is nice, too, but I don't know where the hell you'd live. Levittown, maybe?

Stay AWAY from Baltimore.

Zod
perkele

#1014 Post by Zod »

Count Chocula wrote:
Zod wrote:I was living on Staten Island for about a month. I managed to get out of there two days before Sandy hit. :v
You live a charmed life, Zod!

Check out northern Virginia, out Centreville or Tysons Corner way. It's expensive but less so than Noo Yawk, easy rail access to DC, and there may be a local college with the coursework you desire. Philadelphia during the day is nice, too, but I don't know where the hell you'd live. Levittown, maybe?

Stay AWAY from Baltimore.
I was actually planning on hitting up New Orleans, since I already know quite a few people living there.

Count Chocula
Liberal

#1015 Post by Count Chocula »

If you walk off Rue Bourbon at night, carry a gun. And learn to sweat. A lot. That aside, it's a fun town for a young man.

Questor

#1016 Post by Questor »

That's what I told him.

I've got family there I don't visit nearly often enough.

Zod
perkele

#1017 Post by Zod »

Count Chocula wrote:If you walk off Rue Bourbon at night, carry a gun. And learn to sweat. A lot. That aside, it's a fun town for a young man.
I don't really like guns, especially with my eyesight. But I'd probably look into some kind of stun baton.

magic princess

#1018 Post by magic princess »

.410 shotgun pistol.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1019 Post by Aaron »

Yeah. Doubles as a hefty club too.

Zod
perkele

#1020 Post by Zod »

Seems like a good way of being hassled by the cops. Also, I understand a lot of places in New Orleans won't let you take guns inside.

evilsoup

#1021 Post by evilsoup »

mang don't walk around carrying weapons

Zod
perkele

#1022 Post by Zod »

I don't actually plan on getting a gun. But from what I understand NO is a little bit more dangerous than the average city.

Flagg

#1023 Post by Flagg »

Zod wrote:I don't actually plan on getting a gun. But from what I understand NO is a little bit more dangerous than the average city.
God you're dumb. You barely escape Sandy so your natural instinct is to move to a more hurricane prone area?
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Zod
perkele

#1024 Post by Zod »

Flagg wrote:
Zod wrote:I don't actually plan on getting a gun. But from what I understand NO is a little bit more dangerous than the average city.
God you're dumb. You barely escape Sandy so your natural instinct is to move to a more hurricane prone area?
I took it into consideration. If it weren't for the fact that I know a lot of people that live down there I'd probably look elsewhere.

Flagg

#1025 Post by Flagg »

Zod wrote:
Flagg wrote:
I took it into consideration. If it weren't for the fact that I know a lot of people that live down there I'd probably look elsewhere.
When you drown can I have what's left of your belongings?
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine