Re: Lament 3: Cry Hard With A Vengeance

#1203 Post by Oxymoron »

What's the name of that puppy ?
No.

Civil War Man

#1204 Post by Civil War Man »

Andrea.

Judging from Google, I'm guessing Flagg make a Walking Dead reference.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1205 Post by RogueIce »

Explains that. I give zero fucks about that show. I'm sick of all the zombie crap.

evilsoup

#1206 Post by evilsoup »

The Spartan

#1207 Post by The Spartan »

Flashing your headlights at me (on a surface road no less) doesn't make the cars in front of me disappear nor the cars in the next lane evaporate.

Fucker.

Flagg

#1208 Post by Flagg »

The Spartan wrote:Flashing your headlights at me (on a surface road no less) doesn't make the cars in front of me disappear nor the cars in the next lane evaporate.

Fucker.
Shit like that is why I don't carry a gun.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

The Spartan

#1209 Post by The Spartan »

I hate that the thought goes through my head, but that's exactly what I've been thinking lately.

It's always frustrating, but the last few weeks it's been this sort of nonsense almost every freaking day and I'm about ready to tear my already thinning hair out.

The Spartan

#1210 Post by The Spartan »

Oh boy. Today's Mom's birthday and I forgot to call.

Gotta eat a pile of crow in the morning...

Gands

#1211 Post by Gands »

I'm exhausted. In the last week I've written about eight thousand words. One three thousand word documentary pitch, and a four thousand word biography of Kevin Smith. Then a thousand words of stuff I deleted to make way for better stuff.

Thank fuck for some imminent Civ 5.

Oxymoron

#1212 Post by Oxymoron »

The Spartan wrote:I hate that the thought goes through my head, but that's exactly what I've been thinking lately.

It's always frustrating, but the last few weeks it's been this sort of nonsense almost every freaking day and I'm about ready to tear my already thinning hair out.
Me and 6 of my colleagues almost got run over by an asshole while we were getting back from lunch today. We were on the crosswalk, and he was driving at easily 50 KPH on the roundabout, he almost didn't stop.

I had to run backward to avoid getting hit.

He stopped for a few seconds before hitting the pedal to the metal again and going like a motherfucker.

The time for me to go out of shock and as he was already starting to go away, I had the the adrenaline-fueled urge to walk to him, shoot his mirror with my foot, punch his face, draw him out of the vehicle and reduce his bones to the consistency of jelly through the repeated application of kinetic force...

Good thing for him, and my criminal record, that by the time I came back out of my stupor he was already gone.

Though I've been twitchy since then. It was almost five hours ago.

I may have anger management problem...
No.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1213 Post by Aaron »

Maybe, but that is a reasonable reaction to having your life put in danger. There are only so many ways to react, and one of those is potentially violent. Keep in mind, that you did not actually do anything.

Oxymoron

#1214 Post by Oxymoron »

Yeah, and to be fair it -does- take quite a lot to put me in such a frame of mind... But this is the stark contrast between how calm and cold I usually am, and the sheer savagery I can feel in my guts in situations like that, which is working me up.

A few more seconds, and I may have started shit...
No.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1215 Post by Aaron »

You're human dude. Underneath the trappings of civilization, we are no different then our stone age ancestors.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#1216 Post by RyanThunder »

And that is why civilization is Good :prof:

Losonti Tokash

#1217 Post by Losonti Tokash »

I'm losing my job the end of the month. Because the upper management wants to see how well my boss performs when at 80% of the minimum staff requirements.

Oxymoron

#1218 Post by Oxymoron »

Well shit.

How easy/hard is it to find a job in your area of competence / geographical area ?
No.

The Spartan

#1219 Post by The Spartan »

Oxymoron wrote:The time for me to go out of shock and as he was already starting to go away, I had the the adrenaline-fueled urge to walk to him, shoot his mirror with my foot, punch his face, draw him out of the vehicle and reduce his bones to the consistency of jelly through the repeated application of kinetic force...
Unfortunately, this sort of thing happens to me at least once a week.

On one particularly bad week it was every commute; to and from work. By Friday I was a wreck and literally had to pull of the road to calm down after being cut off immediately prior to yet another jackass thinking that tailgating me and being all aggressive and stupid would make the 18th car in front of me speed up and the traffic around us evaporate. Fortunately, I needed to stop at the hardware store anyway so I wandered around for a bit to calm down and let the adrenaline jitters subside.

I'm trying to find a place that closer to work so I can minimize this shit, but so far I'm not having any luck, having to choose between taking on a mortgage I can't afford or living somewhere not very nice.

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#1220 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

Last time I drove to Boston I was almost killed twice on the way down (once in Maine once in NH actually). Both times involved people pulling directly in front of my car with SUVs and immediately slamming on the breaks to a full stop on the interstate.

Honestly I was calmer from those incidents than I get when people drive in a way that forces me to get shit gas mileage, which probably doesn't reflect well on me.

The Spartan

#1221 Post by The Spartan »

Yeah, I get all of that, too. What appalls me is the people who, at speeds necessitating a minimum of two to three seconds of following distance, will follow others at less than a car length.

Or the ones who'll cut, not (just) me, but 18-wheelers off. Even 18-wheelers that are carrying hazardous loads like steel pipe or anhydrous ammonia.

Straha
Lecturer

#1222 Post by Straha »

Speaking of, I just became a licensed driver today. Yay.
"Is it not part of being erotically experienced, however, to know that the desire to enter the other can lead one to the wrong entrance?" - Peter Sloterdijk

"Ethics is endless, the law is terminal." - Paul Mann

joviwan

#1223 Post by joviwan »

Yaaaaay!

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#1224 Post by adr »

straha you're older than me right?

I'm like 26 or something and unlicensed. i'm the oldest person I know except my father who isn't licensed. (and I don't think the old man ever will, he's gone sixty years without now so why start now.)

the next oldest person I knew who went unlicensed was another of my dad's friends who gave in and got his at age 25. I've now passed that putting myself in second place

but if you're older than me i'm in third place for a lil while longer!!!!!!!!!

BTW as a fun fact I currently have no up to date photo id. the state ID card I had expired in 2009 and I never renewed it. led to a little fun getting my mortgage approval so I thought about getting a new one then, but we ended up using the expired state id with my old faded social security card and an affidavit and that proved to be good enough.
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

Straha
Lecturer

#1225 Post by Straha »

I'm younger than you, actually, but not by much. And getting a License is a condition for my job, so I had to get it. I grew up in the City though so I know all sorts of people at all ages who have no license and no intention of getting one.
"Is it not part of being erotically experienced, however, to know that the desire to enter the other can lead one to the wrong entrance?" - Peter Sloterdijk

"Ethics is endless, the law is terminal." - Paul Mann