Testing Chat IV: A New Hope

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Oxymoron

Re: Testing Chat IV: A New Hope

#1251 Post by Oxymoron »

Since when does Nigeria produce uranium ?

Unless you're talking about Niger and not Nigeria ?

Listen people, it's not because the same river pass through your countries that you have to both name yourselves after it !
No.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1252 Post by Aaron »

Well, you knew what I meant.

Oxymoron

#1253 Post by Oxymoron »

I'm not aware of any irregularities regarding the quality of the nuclear fuel extracted in Niger.
No.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1254 Post by Aaron »

No dude, I'm reffering to the lie used to justify the war.

Theobromine

#1255 Post by Theobromine »

Aaron wrote:
Theobromine wrote:If Phant is around I'd be curious to hear how he feels about the ridiculousness going down in Quebec where they banned kids from wearing turbans while playing soccer.
That was a nice bit of bullshit, wasn't it.
The Quebec intelligensia-political complex has been on an run recently on pushing conformity under the guise of "reasonable accommodation." The awful thing is its getting widespread support there so the local politicians are jumping on the bandwagon.

Its a nasty reminder that left-wing economic politics and secularism doesn't always equate with not being a chauvinist.

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#1256 Post by Darksi4190 »

So can someone tell me why they've apparently turned this into a franchise?

Aaron
El Duderino

#1257 Post by Aaron »

Darksi4190 wrote:So can someone tell me why they've apparently turned this into a franchise?
Dollars

Darksi4190

#1258 Post by Darksi4190 »

Well I for one intend to spend exactly zero dollars getting punched in the face with slo-mo and man-abs for three hours straight. I'm sure someone will put the good battle sequences up on youtube at some point.

Gands

#1259 Post by Gands »

It's like Tom Clancy without all of that reading.

The Spartan

#1260 Post by The Spartan »

Fail. It's not 300 without a Greek king speaking with a Scottish accent while slo-mo pirouetting in his combat diapers after telling a mutant that that's not how they fight.

Darksi4190

#1261 Post by Darksi4190 »

So I found this article over on Spacebattles.

I hereby decree that humanity must begin an immediate war of total extermination against the tick subspecies described within it.

Gands

#1262 Post by Gands »

If one was going to turn 300 into a franchise, why not make it about the story of Alexander tearing through Persia?

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#1263 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

Darksi4190 wrote:So I found this article over on Spacebattles.

I hereby decree that humanity must begin an immediate war of total extermination against the tick subspecies described within it.
alternate proposal: free national red meat vaccination program

Big Orangutan
Hipster

#1264 Post by Big Orangutan »

Theobromine wrote:
That was a nice bit of bullshit, wasn't it.
The Quebec intelligensia-political complex has been on an run recently on pushing conformity under the guise of "reasonable accommodation." The awful thing is its getting widespread support there so the local politicians are jumping on the bandwagon.

Its a nasty reminder that left-wing economic politics and secularism doesn't always equate with not being a chauvinist.
Well it's like the sliver of unpleasant Anglophobia that creeped into SD.Net in recent years with seemingly all problems of the world beginning and ending with the British Empire then America (then blatantly ignoring the problems caused by rival European powers, local collaborators, pre-British regimes, resistance groups, and post colonial governments).
*Insert Pretentious Quote Here*

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#1265 Post by RyanThunder »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:
Darksi4190 wrote:So I found this article over on Spacebattles.

alternate proposal: free national red meat vaccination program
you make it sound like a disease

you may be an idiot

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#1266 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

Big Orangutan wrote:Well it's like the sliver of unpleasant Anglophobia that creeped into SD.Net in recent years with seemingly all problems of the world beginning and ending with the British Empire then America (then blatantly ignoring the problems caused by rival European powers, local collaborators, pre-British regimes, resistance groups, and post colonial governments).
Is this like the sliver of unpleasant Americaphobia that people talk about when America is criticised and insufficient mention is given of the sins of the Soviet Union/China/etc every time

Flagg

#1267 Post by Flagg »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:
Big Orangutan wrote:Well it's like the sliver of unpleasant Anglophobia that creeped into SD.Net in recent years with seemingly all problems of the world beginning and ending with the British Empire then America (then blatantly ignoring the problems caused by rival European powers, local collaborators, pre-British regimes, resistance groups, and post colonial governments).
Is this like the sliver of unpleasant Americaphobia that people talk about when America is criticised and insufficient mention is given of the sins of the Soviet Union/China/etc every time
Pretty much.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Oxymoron

#1268 Post by Oxymoron »

Aaron wrote:No dude, I'm reffering to the lie used to justify the war.
I'm sorry... which lies used to justify which war ? There's just so much material to work with there...
No.

Big Orangutan
Hipster

#1269 Post by Big Orangutan »

Flagg wrote:
Infinity Biscuit wrote: Is this like the sliver of unpleasant Americaphobia that people talk about when America is criticised and insufficient mention is given of the sins of the Soviet Union/China/etc every time
Pretty much.
Yes, the selective and whiney rhetoric in both cases gets mind numbing after a bit.
*Insert Pretentious Quote Here*

Oxymoron

#1270 Post by Oxymoron »

Apparently Terminator 5 is in the works, with the filming scheduled to start in 2014, and will feature El Governator Schwarzy himself.
No.

Flagg

#1271 Post by Flagg »

Man so lame.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

The Spartan

#1272 Post by The Spartan »

Gands wrote:If one was going to turn 300 into a franchise, why not make it about the story of Alexander tearing through Persia?
Because that's not about SPARTA! In fact, they refused to participate in his wars.

Which would kill the whole THISISSPARTA! vibe and make them look weak. Or something.

The Spartan

#1273 Post by The Spartan »

Oxymoron wrote:
Aaron wrote:No dude, I'm reffering to the lie used to justify the war.
I'm sorry... which lies used to justify which war ? There's just so much material to work with there...
The one where Sadaam was actively pursuing yellow cake uranium for a nuke. You know? The one he could launch at us within 45 minutes on his rickety short range rockets? Or give to his hated enemy Al Qaeda to sneak into America and blow up those worthless liberals New York.

Oxymoron

#1274 Post by Oxymoron »

I was thirteen in 2003. I didn't really follow the news on that subject...
No.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1275 Post by Aaron »

Really?

Fair enough then