videojuegos

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
F.J. Prefect, Esq

Re: videojuegos

#201 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

Darksi4190 wrote:Was it the Kinect thing that did it?
They lost me at 'altering my rights of ownership over physical property'. Stuff like 'phoning home daily so I can play my own video games' and 'feature set which is entirely useless to me because I don't live in the US and I don't watch television' wasn't exactly winning me over, either.

xon

#202 Post by xon »

I think you mean "can not" rather "do not", cos none of the streaming services which the XBone uses exist in Australia.

evilsoup

#203 Post by evilsoup »

surely they will go for deals with regional distributors
not for australia, obviously, but for the bits of the world that matter at least :v

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#204 Post by Darksi4190 »

So I just read in the XBONE thread on SB that Microsoft support has confirmed that you lose the game licenses connected to your Live account if you get banned.

Good job shooting yourself in the foot again Microsoft!

Aaron
El Duderino

#205 Post by Aaron »

:lol:

I hope Sony made the PS4 controllers bigger, or I may not even bother. Val and were joking about buying a couple extra 360s and plundering the bargin bins and just riding it out till the next cycle.

But I doubt they will support Live for 360 for much longer after the new one

Flagg

#206 Post by Flagg »

Darksi4190 wrote:So I just read in the XBONE thread on SB that Microsoft support has confirmed that you lose the game licenses connected to your Live account if you get banned.

Good job shooting yourself in the foot again Microsoft!
Good. Only people that get banned are cheaters and pirates, so who cares?
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Darksi4190

#207 Post by Darksi4190 »

I'm not entirely sure if your being serious or making a joke.

If the former, I have heard tales of people being banned from LIVE for more than that, and even if they are only banning for cheating and piracy, why should cheating in or pirating one game cost you the entire game library you spent money on?

Losonti Tokash

#208 Post by Losonti Tokash »

Aaron wrote::lol:

I hope Sony made the PS4 controllers bigger, or I may not even bother. Val and were joking about buying a couple extra 360s and plundering the bargin bins and just riding it out till the next cycle.

They just released a brand new 360 model and they did support live for the original Xbox for a pretty long time. You guys will probably be fine.

evilsoup

#209 Post by evilsoup »

You can get third-party controllers for the PS3, some of them are pretty chunky (I think, I've never actually bought any); I assume the same would be possible with the PS4

Flagg

#210 Post by Flagg »

Darksi4190 wrote:I'm not entirely sure if your being serious or making a joke.

If the former, I have heard tales of people being banned from LIVE for more than that, and even if they are only banning for cheating and piracy, why should cheating in or pirating one game cost you the entire game library you spent money on?
I'm being totally serious. You made an agreement with MS and if you break that agreement you can't use their products, per the agreement.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Aaron
El Duderino

#211 Post by Aaron »

Losonti Tokash wrote:
Aaron wrote::lol:

They just released a brand new 360 model and they did support live for the original Xbox for a pretty long time. You guys will probably be fine.
I figure there will be a couple solid years of new releases on both, and BF4 is soon, so thats Val's addiction filled. I figure we'll be too busy to care after we move anyway.

Oxymoron

#212 Post by Oxymoron »

*roll on the floor from laughter*

It really is as if Microsoft was trying its damned best to kill its own console even before the system got released.
No.

evilsoup

#213 Post by evilsoup »

well
OK then
the headline had me going, but actually reading the article: this is a parody site, yes?

Oxymoron

#214 Post by Oxymoron »

No.

Losonti Tokash

#215 Post by Losonti Tokash »

The first link is fake but it's true about them inexplicably not supporting huge markets or even countries that major developers for the Xbox One are based in.

Oxymoron

#216 Post by Oxymoron »

The strangest thing is,

why go out of their way to -restrict- themselves from markets ?

I mean, they could just, you know, not market their products toward these territories and let people who want their products buy them online, or have distributors do their own things, I dunno... But actually restricting people from being able to use your product ?

I'm at a loss to find any sane explanation.
No.

evilsoup

#217 Post by evilsoup »

'let's copy steam' mixed with poor planning

Oxymoron

#218 Post by Oxymoron »

But in this case Microsoft isn't even the distributor of the games : they are only selling the hardware which allow to play the games..
No.

evilsoup

#219 Post by evilsoup »

they want to be the distributor

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#220 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

Losonti Tokash wrote:The first link is fake but it's true about them inexplicably not supporting huge markets or even countries that major developers for the Xbox One are based in.
The Poland thing is just so

Like I mean seriously

Darksi4190

#221 Post by Darksi4190 »

I can understand them not releasing in Japan, as far as I know the 360 has utterly failed to penetrate into that market, but there is a support base for the 360 in Europe, so it seems like the ONE would have willing customers there as well. And to not release the ONE in countries where people are developing games for it?

I've seen people joke, in the ONE thread on Spacebattles and elswhere, that the ONE is a deliberate attempt by Microsoft to euthanize it's own console division. I'm not so sure it's a joke anymore

Gands

#222 Post by Gands »

The more I read, the more I want to go PS4 this Xmas.

The region free gaming thing is a great clincher, giving me the ability to import games from reasonable markets.

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#223 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

Well you might be out of luck getting one now, but Amazon will apparently ship a PS4 from America for fifteen bucks.

Big Orangutan
Hipster

#224 Post by Big Orangutan »

Sony has learned from its mistakes with the PS3 and finally saw sense in giving the consumer some leeway within reason, while making the internet an optional function, while Microsoft after the considerable success of the Xbox360 has gone inexplicably full retard with the Xbox One needing a mandatory internet connection (online gaming is big, but not everybody in even developed countries has a reliable internet connection) to be a properly functioning gaming/multimedia/spying device.
*Insert Pretentious Quote Here*

evilsoup

#225 Post by evilsoup »

full retard
:colbert: