Lament 3: Cry Hard With A Vengeance

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

Re: Lament 3: Cry Hard With A Vengeance

#1251 Post by Phantasee »

With a permit I can carry heavier; that's just regular legal limits for the heaviest combination I can think of off the top of my head. Sometimes we need permits just to carry legal max because the road is rated at 90% of max axle weights.
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Oxymoron

#1252 Post by Oxymoron »

I see.

Do truckers have special maps indicating them the weight and height rating of the different roads ?

Or maybe that kind of indication is on normal maps already ? I've never really paid much attention to that aspect...
No.

Stofsk

#1253 Post by Stofsk »

Gands wrote:Look out for the expiry date on Ls.

My first one expired, and I couldn't get into places. On the upside, the club spotted me a taxi ride home as it was a few days after the expiry and they felt it was a bullshit rule.
What kind of club was it?

Anyway I don't have to worry about the expiration, as it lasts for 10 years and won't expire for another half a decade almost.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#1254 Post by Phantasee »

Oxymoron wrote:I see.

Do truckers have special maps indicating them the weight and height rating of the different roads ?

Or maybe that kind of indication is on normal maps already ? I've never really paid much attention to that aspect...
There are special maps, yes. In cities, certain routes are designated as truck routes (and some are only truck routes at certain times, eg between 7am and 10pm, M-F). There is also a list of all the bridges in the province and whether or not you can drive a tri-axle trailer over it or not, that we keep with all our tri-axles. It's almost a thin book.

Mostly, the signs are posted, indicating lower weight limits (usually a symbol of a truck with a percentage underneath, ex. 90%, 75%, 50%). Lots of secondary highways go to 75% in the spring because the ground unfreezes and the snow melts, making the ground soft and the roads susceptible to damage.

Generally, the legal limits on axle weight are set such that the highways of the province can bear the burden. It's a system of regulation, right? The axle weights limited to what the roads are engineered for, with exceptions marked as such.
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Gands

#1255 Post by Gands »

For the first time since 2011, I'm no longer working on Saturday nights. Now I have no idea what to do! :?
Stofsk wrote:What kind of club was it?
An RSL in western Sydney. I forget which one.
Anyway I don't have to worry about the expiration, as it lasts for 10 years and won't expire for another half a decade almost.
In NSW it lasts for five, at best.

VICTORIA!!!

The Spartan

#1256 Post by The Spartan »

*smirk* Can't even fucking run errands on a fucking Saturday without having to deal with bullshit from all the fuckers on the road! :argh:

joviwan

#1257 Post by joviwan »

The Spartan wrote:See, I got mine when I turned 16. I used it throughout most of the rest of high school. I absolutely needed to go to college. Needed after I went back to college. Needed it after graduation to get to work. Need it now to and from work.

I used to enjoy driving.

Over the past few years that went away.
I would enjoy driving a lot, lot less if I didn't have a kick-ass stereo system and good speakers/woofer, which my dad was nice enough to install into my truck back when I first got it.

If you don't have a kick-ass stereo system and good speakers/woofer (or a dad to install a kick-ass stereo system/good speakers/woofer), there are probably places who will take currency to do it.

Oxymoron

#1258 Post by Oxymoron »

I had a collegue at work today actually praise me to another colleague for the general quality of my analysis on socio-political matter.

Felt strange, but eh, I'll take compliments where they come.
No.

The Spartan

#1259 Post by The Spartan »

joviwan wrote:If you don't have a kick-ass stereo system and good speakers/woofer (or a dad to install a kick-ass stereo system/good speakers/woofer), there are probably places who will take currency to do it.
It's not the lack of music played through a quality system that's the problem.

Driving would be an absolute, utter, orgasmic joy, but for the incompetence, bullying and sociopathic stupidity I encounter on, lately, a pretty much daily basis.

Questor

#1260 Post by Questor »

Spartan, I can't remember, are you in DC or Houston?

The Spartan

#1261 Post by The Spartan »

Houston.

joviwan

#1262 Post by joviwan »

The Spartan wrote:
joviwan wrote:If you don't have a kick-ass stereo system and good speakers/woofer (or a dad to install a kick-ass stereo system/good speakers/woofer), there are probably places who will take currency to do it.
It's not the lack of music played through a quality system that's the problem.

Driving would be an absolute, utter, orgasmic joy, but for the incompetence, bullying and sociopathic stupidity I encounter on, lately, a pretty much daily basis.
Well I'm still pretty new to the whole driving thing, so I guess I'm still cruising on the morbid fascination with the sheer number of people actually trying to kill me. Aside from the adrenaline of avoiding an accident, I'm somewhat mellow.

What usually shits me is when someone lays into the horn like it was my fault.

Oxymoron

#1263 Post by Oxymoron »

When people start using your opinion on things as a sanity check, should you start worrying ?
No.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1264 Post by Aaron »

No, its a complement.

Oxymoron

#1265 Post by Oxymoron »

Why do i have to be the reasonable one ?

That sounds like responsibility. I don't like being responsible.
No.

evilsoup

#1266 Post by evilsoup »

if it helps, you can slip in the occasional bit of terrible advice
but do it in such a way as it seems like a good idea at the time
and then watch things burn

Oxymoron

#1267 Post by Oxymoron »

I prefer going with sarcasm in cases like these.

It's safer.
No.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1268 Post by Aaron »

Weighed myself this morning, I was 197lbs. So I've lost about forty pounds.

Actual vent, rather then good news: why is it so hard to find reliable mandolin reviews?

Bounty

#1269 Post by Bounty »

Back to the job interviews. The last one was nice, it's always fun when they just let you talk about yourself for an hour. And it turned out we both knew a guy I worked with on a project in Turkey. Small world.
People in glass trousers shouldn't shit bricks.

thejester

#1270 Post by thejester »

Ugh. Just found out the brother of a friend of mine from high school (who was also mates with a couple of my mates from uni and who used to play for Geelong VFL) suffered spinal injuries playing local footy yesterday. Doesn't sound good at all. Just...feel sick. Trying to come up with the words to send her a msg.

Oxymoron

#1271 Post by Oxymoron »

Micro-vent :

>that moment when you start using "Ja" in a serious conversation with your boss
No.

timmy

#1272 Post by timmy »

thejester wrote:Ugh. Just found out the brother of a friend of mine from high school (who was also mates with a couple of my mates from uni and who used to play for Geelong VFL) suffered spinal injuries playing local footy yesterday. Doesn't sound good at all. Just...feel sick. Trying to come up with the words to send her a msg.
"I'm sorry to hear that (brother) is in hospital. My thoughts are with you and your family, and if there's anything I can do for you, I'm only a phonecall away."

Or some variant of. That's bad news, alright.
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#1273 Post by Darksi4190 »

I think my brain just exploded from reading Saxonite's most recent post in the Zimmerman trial thread.

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#1274 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

Why?

xon

#1275 Post by xon »

Darksi4190 wrote:I think my brain just exploded from reading Saxonite's most recent post in the Zimmerman trial thread.
It can't be any worse than Kamikaze Sith on SB trying to use a published paper he hasn't read or couldn't access which said the opposite of his stated point.

Can it?