videojuegos

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
joviwan

Re: videojuegos

#351 Post by joviwan »

The battle against Sam basically taught me how the hell Parrying worked, and at that point I had Parry and Juke, which is everything you need for an anime robot ninja swordfight.

The fight before him, against Sundowner (the hell kinda name is sundowner my hat is a sundowner that's not a person its a hat), I found nearly impossible because in order to break his shield you had to do that align-the-sword thing before cutting. I got around that by doing a *shitload* of Juking. I got really good at juking. Juke juke juke.

Sadly I think that fight was supposed to teach me how to beat the super last boss, and as a result I'm completely fucked and can't be bothered about trying anymore.

Veef

#352 Post by Veef »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sundowner_(wind)

ahem :ocelot:

remember everything in Metal Gear is real. Like Japanese Brazilians and different types of winds. Anything isn't real is of course nanomachines.

I actually got through the Sundowner fight with destroying all of his shields so I should be ok. I actually didn't remember until just before that you can tilt the camera up and down in blade mode to aim better lol

zhaktronz

#353 Post by zhaktronz »

the secret to MGS R is to constantly press the offensive defence button

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#354 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

joviwan wrote:The fight before him, against Sundowner (the hell kinda name is sundowner my hat is a sundowner that's not a person its a hat), I found nearly impossible because in order to break his shield you had to do that align-the-sword thing before cutting. I got around that by doing a *shitload* of Juking. I got really good at juking. Juke juke juke.
I guess you missed out on GOLDEN RAYS OF THE GLORIOUS SUNSHINE

SENDING DOWN SUCH A BLOOD RED LIGHT

etc

joviwan

#355 Post by joviwan »

I guess sundowner is a thing and I just had no idea.

It's not a word that has ever happened in my life until I bought a hat made out of kangaroo.

Veef

#356 Post by Veef »

c'mon you gotta talk to everyone in the codec conversations and they'll tell you what a sundowner is!

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#357 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

I've liked the word 'sundowner' ever since TOP GUN. I didn't know it was a wind until Rising though. I mean, I didn't know that monsoon is a wind either so I guess you could say I'm no expert

Veef

#358 Post by Veef »

the Raiden I know isn't a psycho killer cyborg... he's a psycho killer cyborg who is a hero (and wears a sombrero) :ocelot:

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#359 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

Things that scare Raiden:

1. Sunny.
2. ??? ??? ??? ???

Veef

#360 Post by Veef »

my favorite part of the fight with Armstrong is when it gets so ridiculous even all of Raiden's friends are like WHAT THE FUCK

i think Armstrong was too American to live

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#361 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

I was completely sold on Armstrong's presence in the game when Raiden's reactions actually mirrored mine word for word a couple of seconds later

Like it is this totally ridiculous thing that even Raiden thinks is totally ridiculous

Veef

#362 Post by Veef »

I pretty much lost it at Boris's reaction during the final segment XD

and man there was lot more hugging than you'd expect

zhaktronz

#363 Post by zhaktronz »

Don't fuck with this senator!

Veef

#364 Post by Veef »

DLC to play as Raiden in his spiffy business suit plz

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#365 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

Veef wrote:DLC to play as Raiden in his spiffy business suit plz
Complete R00 on Very Hard and you get it. It's pretty cool yo

Veef

#366 Post by Veef »

Oh I see. I can do that maybe.

Fight Metal Gear Ray, the Corolla of Metal Gears.

>:3

#367 Post by >:3 »

>:3

Glass Fort MacLeod
Fuckin' New Guy

#368 Post by Glass Fort MacLeod »

Sunday evening I played nothing but 'Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego.' For a kids educational game its amazing how fun that it can be, and I can see why it was popular.

weemadando

#369 Post by weemadando »

Finished Mass Effect 3. Yeah. Fuck that final half hour. What the dizzy fuck was any of that?

The "Catalyst" being the kid who you saw getting killed - was that addressed anywhere? Why does it look like that (I played with the extended cut active as far as I know) - it certainly wasn't addressed in dialogue anywhere?

I'm liking the idea that Shepherd just died on earth when the Reaper beam hit him and everything after that was a dying dream.

xon

#370 Post by xon »

And you would have played the "improved" Mass Effect 3 final after some of the nasty edges where patched out.

joviwan

#371 Post by joviwan »

My favorite pet theory is that the whole sequence after the beam is a massive Indoctrination attack and that the only right answer is Destroy (which is the only way to get the scene of presumably shep's body sucking in air).

Unfortunately we have to live in reality land and realize that the lead writer just went on a fucking bender without any oversight and shit out an ending more hackneyed and stupid than Fallout 3's original ending.

Manus Dei

#372 Post by Manus Dei »

joviwan wrote:The battle against Sam basically taught me how the hell Parrying worked, and at that point I had Parry and Juke, which is everything you need for an anime robot ninja swordfight.

The fight before him, against Sundowner (the hell kinda name is sundowner my hat is a sundowner that's not a person its a hat), I found nearly impossible because in order to break his shield you had to do that align-the-sword thing before cutting. I got around that by doing a *shitload* of Juking. I got really good at juking. Juke juke juke.

Sadly I think that fight was supposed to teach me how to beat the super last boss, and as a result I'm completely fucked and can't be bothered about trying anymore.
you don't have do slice the blocks the end boss throws at you, you can ninja-run under them instead. it just means the fight will be longer because you won't do the extra damage and you won't get the extra health items but it's still possible
Ralin wrote:Finally I realized that when Walker fights the Satanic ponies I need to mention how his 'lower horn' is glowing and sparkling as it draws in and focuses Equestria's ambient magic.

joviwan

#373 Post by joviwan »

sir you may have just enabled me to beat the game

I will let you know how this goes once I get my copy back from my friend*

*This wouldn't be a problem with the xbone features that were cut!

Manus Dei

#374 Post by Manus Dei »

you can also avoid precision cutting sundowner's ballistic shields by simply running behind him and shanking him in the back :v:
Ralin wrote:Finally I realized that when Walker fights the Satanic ponies I need to mention how his 'lower horn' is glowing and sparkling as it draws in and focuses Equestria's ambient magic.

Veef

#375 Post by Veef »

I don't know if you can fake it with the debris cutting during the Armstrong fight. Cuz you can still use the regular slash buttons without the precise control. Maybe some of those blocks are just a straight up or down slash.