videojuegos

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
joviwan

Re: videojuegos

#476 Post by joviwan »

Bounty wrote:
...Pretty sure that's just you. My SR3 behaves with precision and finesse.
Seems that just like the last game, SR3 randomly hates certain hardware, especially anything ATI. I also get sound effect lag unless I keep a copy of VLC running in the background.
I'm running an ATI video card.

There's probably something else going weird with your system. Have you done driver updates already or fiddled with settings? Turning Shadows down often helps performance issues.

Bounty

#477 Post by Bounty »

Actual performance is okay, it's just sound that's glitchy, and from what I read on the forums it's not unusual. I'm running the latest catalyst drivers. Everything else is up to date.

SR2, now that has shitty performance on this exact same hardware. Creative they may be, but they sure as hell skipped some testing.
People in glass trousers shouldn't shit bricks.

Oxymoron

#478 Post by Oxymoron »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:Matilda is peak British tank. It's all downhill after that, but the tank itself is amazing to play.

Well, it was for me, but I like heavily armoured pillbox tanks.
Lol. On the other hand, I'm running (literally :v ) with the ELC, which is pretty much the antithesis of that.

I can't wait to get my hand on the AMX 13 (75 and then 90). This is going to be :flagg:

The French Heavies also look like they're going to be cool to play. I'm currently grinding the B1.
No.

joviwan

#479 Post by joviwan »

Bounty wrote:Actual performance is okay, it's just sound that's glitchy, and from what I read on the forums it's not unusual. I'm running the latest catalyst drivers. Everything else is up to date.

SR2, now that has shitty performance on this exact same hardware. Creative they may be, but they sure as hell skipped some testing.
SR2 is probably one of the worst console ports ever, and I'm including Resident "Push Square to Run" Evil 4.

Volition's publishers at the time contracted a third party to port the game from xbox to PC. They barely communicated with the devs, and the job was rushed, and it resulted in an absolutely terrible experience.

The game was still fucking phenomenally fun, though, esp when co-op was functional, so I guess it's a testament that even a shitty port can't stop a good game.

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#480 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

There's a mod called like Heroes of Stillwater or something like that that not only adds a bunch of stuff in but makes the PC version pretty playable, if you're still trying to play it.

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#481 Post by Darksi4190 »

joviwan wrote:
Bounty wrote:Actual performance is okay, it's just sound that's glitchy, and from what I read on the forums it's not unusual. I'm running the latest catalyst drivers. Everything else is up to date.

SR2 is probably one of the worst console ports ever, and I'm including Resident "Push Square to Run" Evil 4.
Clearly you've never played the Star Wars: The Force Unleashed PC version.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#482 Post by RyanThunder »

Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 was pretty thoughtlessly ported, too.

joviwan

#483 Post by joviwan »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:There's a mod called like Heroes of Stillwater or something like that that not only adds a bunch of stuff in but makes the PC version pretty playable, if you're still trying to play it.
Gentlemen of the Row

http://idolninja.com/index.php

It changes some playability things, but mostly adds a bunch of features and fiddly fun crap. They do have a seperate fix for people suffering the "on win7, the game plays stupidly fast if your processor isn't clocked at 3.2 ghz", and one for "If your cutscenes aren't running at 30fps, objects get misaligned."

For the sake of trivia, incidentally, Volition's new pubs Deep6 are a lot more free with the reigns this time around, and Volition is actively working with the Gentlemen people (in their free time) on making mod tools for 3-4, and possibly even 2.
Darksi4190 wrote: Clearly you've never played the Star Wars: The Force Unleashed PC version.
You are correct, I have not.

zhaktronz

#484 Post by zhaktronz »

Oxymoron wrote:
Infinity Biscuit wrote:Matilda is peak British tank. It's all downhill after that, but the tank itself is amazing to play.

Well, it was for me, but I like heavily armoured pillbox tanks.
Lol. On the other hand, I'm running (literally :v ) with the ELC, which is pretty much the antithesis of that.

I can't wait to get my hand on the AMX 13 (75 and then 90). This is going to be :flagg:

The French Heavies also look like they're going to be cool to play. I'm currently grinding the B1.
Amx 13 (75 at least) is sadly underwhelming

Too slow, too weak, too sluggish, gun not good enough

Oxymoron

#485 Post by Oxymoron »

I had surprisingly a lot of fun on the B1 yesterday. I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of that abomination.

As for the AMX 13 75... Isn't it like a rule that all Tier 7 tanks are great big mixed bags, or must suck in some infuriating ways ?
No.

zhaktronz

#486 Post by zhaktronz »

T29 is excellent though

zhaktronz

#487 Post by zhaktronz »

I think the game just penalises being light too much tbh

Civil War Man

#488 Post by Civil War Man »

So has anyone had a chance to play Saints Row 4 yet? From what I've seen, it makes Saints Row 3 look grounded in reality, which is fascinating in a "celebrity having a very messy public meltdown" kind of way.

Darksi4190

#489 Post by Darksi4190 »

You know I really thought i'd be done with TOR by now, but with Flashpoints and Heroics and other group stuff, i'm not even finished with all the class storylines yet.

It's almost like MMO's require a massive time commitment or something.

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#490 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

I heard dressup in SR4 is the same as SR3 so there goes my chance of buying it

Bounty

#491 Post by Bounty »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:I heard dressup in SR4 is the same as SR3 so there goes my chance of buying it
You can download the character creator for free on Steam. It's... not that different from SR3.
People in glass trousers shouldn't shit bricks.

evilsoup

#492 Post by evilsoup »

IIRC it started out as an expansion pack for SR3 so

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#493 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

Yeah, SRIV started off as an expansion pack called Enter the Dominatrix, but Deep Silver clearly wanted to push for something bigger, hence the whole incoherent mash-up of being the president and being in the matrix. And also hence how it's like The Third with some bells on.

joviwan

#494 Post by joviwan »

It's easily one of the best Supers games released in the past 8 years.

That it's saints row just makes this funnier/more entertaining.

Darksi4190

#495 Post by Darksi4190 »

Bought the "Star Trek" game for 360 for 17 dollars used. Review to follow.

Veef

#496 Post by Veef »

http://www.destructoid.com/seriously-ni ... 0902.phtml

I think we just witnessed Nintendo admitting to a mistake.

Oxymoron

#497 Post by Oxymoron »

http://chipandironicus.com/videos/mgr/

started watching this let's play of Metal Gear Rising

I like the fact that the let's player(s) know when to shut up, and the fact that actual work went into making the videos, with editing and stuff. Also the game talk itself is really interesting, from the point of view of someone who hasn't played the game.
No.

Veef

#498 Post by Veef »

You should totally watch their LP of Cabela's Dangerous Hunts cuz that game also takes itself seriously :3

thejester

#499 Post by thejester »

Darksi4190

#500 Post by Darksi4190 »

I love the fact that they think that's even worth a budget release.

That game has "XBLA cheap shit" written all over it.