videojuegos

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
joviwan

Re: videojuegos

#626 Post by joviwan »

So I finally managed to beat dragon's dogma.

This is a really good game, though the ending left me kind of conflicted and... I can't think of a better word than 'perturbed' but that's not quite right.

Losonti Tokash

#627 Post by Losonti Tokash »

Did you get to the actual ending then? Because I thought it was awesome.

joviwan

#628 Post by joviwan »

I did get to the actual for realsies ending, and I did enjoy it, it just let me feeling weird.
The game's theme at the end is strongly towards free will and the power of choice in a closed universe of endless recursion and predestination. Which I respect narratively, but the actual game experience is that you get the bad endings if you don't do exactly the obviously 'right' thing, which is a pretty big separation between story and gameplay.

And then at the very end of the game, where you're Seneschal, all you can do in the world is kill or resurrect people invisibly and can't touch or otherwise interact with anyone, which the game tells you is basically your fated destiny now until the end of time/a new Arisen comes and mercy kills you.

So the 'happy' ending, where you literally kill yourself otherwise without warning in the ultimate expression of free will in a mobius strip of predetermination, was... I dunno, I mean, I'm glad that your main Pawn becomes a real person, even if it's a little creepy that your love interest may not even notice (depends on the love interest), it was just a really weird bittersweet thing where, you know, you go through all of this trial and tribulation only to decide that killing yourself is really the best answer for happyness.

Also, and this is another possible story and gameplay segregation, as far as linear time is concerned, the Arisen basically kills themselves within minutes of becoming god, which adds another level of oddness for me.

Agent Bert Macklin

#629 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Oxymoron wrote:so apparently there is advance warning that Half-Life 3 might get announced soon.

The trademark was registered in the EU a few days ago, and several voice actors working with Valve and related to the Half-Life franchise had to change their convention-going schedule at the last time due to "work related" reasons.

Of course there's no real clue as to when the announcement is going to be made IF there is going to be an announcement, but there's at least some signs that it might come out before the end of this decade :v
Portal 3 instead of HL3.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/half-life- ... es-6415182

Oxymoron

#630 Post by Oxymoron »

Interesting. Thanks.
No.

Agent Bert Macklin

#631 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Though I'm not sure if that trademark registration means anything. I usually don't follow video game news, so how things are announced may be different to movies, which I follow religiously.

Oxymoron

#632 Post by Oxymoron »

I'm not into League of Legends at all, but I have to admit the following music video is pretty cool in my opinion :

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0nlJuwO0GDs
No.

Flagg

#633 Post by Flagg »

CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#634 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

I decided to play some Tekken 6 for the first time in ages

Just some offline arcade

And yet I somehow ended up in ranked matches and ended up fighting a guy who was, no joke, introduced with a huge screen calling him the King of Iron Fist

Veef

#635 Post by Veef »

THE KING OF IRON FIST TOURNAMENT

ENTER THE TEKKEN

Stofsk

#636 Post by Stofsk »

F.J. Prefect, Esq wrote:I decided to play some Tekken 6 for the first time in ages

Just some offline arcade

And yet I somehow ended up in ranked matches and ended up fighting a guy who was, no joke, introduced with a huge screen calling him the King of Iron Fist
so who won

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#637 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

It was two out of three. He took the first round, I took the second and he took the third. He was playing Jin, I was playing Christie.

I dunno he seemed to have all kinds of perks for being King of Iron Fist.

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#638 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

Who the hell thought it was a good idea to make it so the pokémon that is literally a sword never learns any steel moves in the first generation where steel attack moves have any purpose outside of very specific niches? GRUMBLE

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#639 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

there is only one reason there is a sword pokemon

and the reason is this

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#640 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

dunno if you follow my tumblr but I literally just reblogged that an hour or so ago

(except my version had the doublade coloured right :engleft: )

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#641 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

outrageous

Steal not my thunder!

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#642 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

In other news I'm kind of in love with my vivillon

I'm already in denial about her not being bug/fairy and having shitty stats like all other early bug pokés :L

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#643 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

Pokemon isn't about stats, it's about friendship :<

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#644 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

also feeding my snorlax like eight cakes every minute

don't forget that part's very important

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#645 Post by Bakustra »

haha i hadn't even realized that pokemon x/y was set in france, although one where marseilles is covered with mountains

man

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#646 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

I've always seen it as being set in just langues d'oïl (plus pokéBrittany) or something, hence the inclusion of pokéWallonia and the exclusion of pokéOccitania. I mean Japan got multiple regions, too, and Unova is just pokéGreater New York City

Manus Dei

#647 Post by Manus Dei »

i'm having trouble accepting the concept of a fully 3d pokemon game

it's seriously shaking my worldview, something that until now i've taken as a universal concept has totally changed

the world is a scarier place now
Ralin wrote:Finally I realized that when Walker fights the Satanic ponies I need to mention how his 'lower horn' is glowing and sparkling as it draws in and focuses Equestria's ambient magic.

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#648 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

I thought I'd hate it too but like 2 minutes in I was already sold.

I mean some things are worse off, like, Snorlax looks weird as hell actually standing, and no 3D model will ever stand up to some of the older spritework, but it really helps bring things to life overall

plus some moves like struggle bug are so wonderful in 3D and I was so sad having to replace that with bug buzz

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#649 Post by Darksi4190 »

Just putting this out there, which do y'all think was the best of the PS2 Ace Combat games? 5 and Zero are more polished gameplay wise, but Shattered Skies was better about making you feel like you were part of a massive epic war than just flying around being a superhero.

Big Orangutan
Hipster

#650 Post by Big Orangutan »

GTA V's Impotent Rage cartoon character is a good representation of many of the posters on SD.Net's N&P section.
*Insert Pretentious Quote Here*