Re: The Testing Chat III: The Time of Great Chatting

#1376 Post by RyanThunder »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:Great show all around you guys
:neckbeard:

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#1377 Post by Darksi4190 »

So I just finished Heart of the Swarm, I gotta say as much as I think the plot has suffered since SC1/BW, the execution and mission design were both excellent. I honestly hope I don't have to wait three years for Legacy of the Void.

thejester

#1378 Post by thejester »

artillery fire is not conducive to study

Stofsk

#1379 Post by Stofsk »

thejester wrote:artillery fire is not conducive to study
this sounds like an interesting tale

thejester

#1380 Post by thejester »

there is very little to tell

just someone (presumably at RMC) keeps firing artillery pieces intermittently and its rattling the windows and scaring the fuck out of me and my officemate

>:3

#1381 Post by >:3 »

We could replace our existing insult system with one based on the reinforcing a different culture's norms, such as the Japanese system of increasingly rude ways of saying "you".
>:3

timmy

#1382 Post by timmy »

Please demonstrate?
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

Djinnkitty83

#1383 Post by Djinnkitty83 »

timmy wrote:Flagg

Stop being a cunt, mate.
Seriously?

I know Flagg is an misogynist four year old who will likely never find his way out of my ignore, as well as a walking, talking, and ever more persuasive argument as to why I should ditch this board like I ditched SDN (not to mention likely a contributing factor as to why others have slowed to a stop with posting here)...

... but don't use that word. Even if you're trying to do it 'ironically', you're just validating his misogynist bullshit and detracting from what little made this place better than SDN in the first place.

timmy

#1384 Post by timmy »

Yeah, sorry. I forget that Americans see that word differently.
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

Questor

#1385 Post by Questor »

Wait, there are parts of the world where the use of that word as a descriptor by a male doesn't involve verbal (and occaisionally physical) beatings?

Why?

Edit: while I know there are funny insulting loan words in English that are perfectly acceptable in the original language, that's not one of them, though.

Further Edit: is it odd that I know more cross culture stuff from Eastern Europe, France (a bit) and the ME than I do other English speaking cultures?

uraniun235

#1386 Post by uraniun235 »

i honestly kind of tended to see nt as kind of an aussie board anyway, or at least one with a p. substantial proportion of australians

(i know new zealand's not the same but i kind of subconsciously lump the whole area together, sorry if this offends anyone)

zhaktronz

#1387 Post by zhaktronz »

Questor wrote:Wait, there are parts of the world where the use of that word as a descriptor by a male doesn't involve verbal (and occaisionally physical) beatings?

Why?

Edit: while I know there are funny insulting loan words in English that are perfectly acceptable in the original language, that's not one of them, though.

Further Edit: is it odd that I know more cross culture stuff from Eastern Europe, France (a bit) and the ME than I do other English speaking cultures?
Because, swearing, whatever the word, is a perfectly accepted part of Australian culture across a wide range of environments.

Questor

#1388 Post by Questor »

OK, interesting.

Nolan and Bale in the Justice League.

Am I the only one who sees potential for this? It gives an opportunity to fix some (but by no means all) of what I consider the biggest narrative flaws of TDKR, jack up the threat level of the bad guys enormously, and then shut them down in a partly believable manner.

Bruce Wayne's dead, except to two people (and possibly a third if he's got any brains). Does anyone think that if a threat that shows up and takes down Supes (and there's not many ways to do that) that Batman's not going to show up?

Step 1: Threat appears.
Step 2: Supes does his bull/china shop schtick
Step 3: Supes gets beaten
Step 4: Batman's voice calls Fox and asks for some set of files.
Steps 5-n: Recruitment scenes
n+1: Big team battle

I don't know if it would be good, but it doesn't have to suck or break the Nolanverse either. The nolanverse enemies were heavily implied to be non-superhuman/magical but they didn't have to be. That flower could have been supernatural, Bane could have been. God knows Joker could have been an elemental force, and how the heck else do you even try to explain Two-Face?

EDIT: In fact, it also avoids the huge gaping issue in the Avengers: In a world with Iron Man, Thor, and Hulk, how do you give Captain America, Black Widow, and Hawkeye a role? Batman's role is to be what he is portrayed as being. The smartest nutcase in the universe.
Last edited by Questor on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flagg

#1389 Post by Flagg »

Questor wrote:OK, interesting.

Nolan and Bale in the Justice League.

Am I the only one who sees potential for this? It gives an opportunity to fix some (but by no means all) of what I consider the biggest narrative flaws of TDKR, jack up the threat level of the bad guys enormously, and then shut them down in a partly believable manner.

Bruce Wayne's dead, except to two people (and possibly a third if he's got any brains). Does anyone think that if a threat that shows up and takes down Supes (and there's not many ways to do that) that Batman's not going to show up?

Step 1: Threat appears.
Step 2: Supes does his bull/china shop schtick
Step 3: Supes gets beaten
Step 4: Batman's voice calls Fox and asks for some set of files.
Steps 5-n: Recruitment scenes
n+1: Big team battle

I don't know if it would be good, but it doesn't have to suck or break the Nolanverse either. The nolanverse enemies were heavily implied to be non-superhuman/magical but they didn't have to be. That flower could have been supernatural, Bane could have been. God knows Joker could have been an elemental force, and how the heck else do you even try to explain Two-Face?
Can I buy some pot from you?
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Questor

#1390 Post by Questor »

Flagg wrote:Can I buy some pot from you?
For which part? Rising to the standard of "Good Comic Book Movie" is not a high bar to clear.

All I'm saying is that going "Ahhhhhh, it'll break the universe and rape my childhood" is premature.

Of course, I thought there was a chance Transformers wouldn't suck, too. That one still amazes me. How do you make giant transforming robots suck?

Flagg

#1391 Post by Flagg »

Questor wrote:
Flagg wrote:Can I buy some pot from you?
For which part? Rising to the standard of "Good Comic Book Movie" is not a high bar to clear.

All I'm saying is that going "Ahhhhhh, it'll break the universe and rape my childhood" is premature.

Of course, I thought there was a chance Transformers wouldn't suck, too. That one still amazes me. How do you make giant transforming robots suck?
Sorry but if I see Christian Bale as Batman in a space station or the goddamned fortress of solitude I will be most displeased. Most displeased indeed.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

evilsoup

#1392 Post by evilsoup »

that would be fucking great though

Crazedwraith

#1393 Post by Crazedwraith »

I had a hilarious idea. Have Christin Bale as batman in Justice League. But not Nolan verse Batman. Give him a different costume. A much more lower paid actor to cameo as Alfred. Bam. Different Batman.

It would so trolly. But cool. But then no-one likes Bale as batman anyway. Bale as Wayne works. But not with the bale batvoice.

Weirdly I never really noticed until everyone started ripping on it. Then I could never not notice.

Still not as shitty as the bane voice though.
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

evilsoup

#1394 Post by evilsoup »

I like Bane's goatse mask

Zod
perkele

#1395 Post by Zod »

At least Bane didn't sound like he had emphysema. He was just a bit muffled.

Crazedwraith

#1396 Post by Crazedwraith »

Meh. I found bane's muffled, high-pitched pseudo-russian thing a lot more distracting and harder to understan than just excessive hoarse-ness but its just personal taste.

Manus Dei

#1397 Post by Manus Dei »

christian bale as patrick bateman as bruce wayne

that's what i imagine anyway when i watch the batman films and it makes them 500% more entertaining
Ralin wrote:Finally I realized that when Walker fights the Satanic ponies I need to mention how his 'lower horn' is glowing and sparkling as it draws in and focuses Equestria's ambient magic.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1398 Post by RogueIce »

Crazedwraith wrote:I had a hilarious idea. Have Christin Bale as batman in Justice League. But not Nolan verse Batman. Give him a different costume. A much more lower paid actor to cameo as Alfred. Bam. Different Batman.

It would so trolly. But cool. But then no-one likes Bale as batman anyway. Bale as Wayne works. But not with the bale batvoice.

Weirdly I never really noticed until everyone started ripping on it. Then I could never not notice.

Still not as shitty as the bane voice though.
Get Kevin Conroy to dub the Batman voice. :ugeek:

Crazedwraith

#1399 Post by Crazedwraith »

Damn right.

edit: they actually did have kevin conroy and the btas lot do some dkr lines when the created a btas version of the dkr trailer to promote some btas marathon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btMtwz4P0fc

his vocal performance is sort of uninspired but then the lines weren't that great to begin with.

Oxymoron

#1400 Post by Oxymoron »

I should grab the BTAS integral sometimes :yarr: . It looks pretty awesome.
No.